Wrestleknownothing

Tom Brands tests positive

Yes because in the Covid era, "optics" are everything.

Optics from role models absolutely matters. My father-in-law died from Covid on 12/1/20. If I had to wear a mask every day for years if it meant he would still be around I would. I work for a county public health department with county commissioners who actively disincentivized wearing a mask...up until the second wave...optics matter. Words matter.

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

But you can't read his lips otherwise!

I did a broadcast last weekend wearing a mask the whole time and nobody seemed to complain. Now I wonder how many people were listening...

Not only could I hear you clearly. You seemed to be talking from about 25 seconds in the future

7 hours ago, IronChef said:

Big contrast at the OSU-Maryland dual. Tom Ryan pretty much didn't wear his mask, and he definitely never spoke while wearing it. In the other corner, Alex Clemsen was wearing a surgical mask with a gaiter over it, and he never took it off.

Clemsen had the whole contraption pretty much pulled up to eyeball level.

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

But you can't read his lips otherwise!

I did a broadcast last weekend wearing a mask the whole time and nobody seemed to complain. Now I wonder how many people were listening...

In all honesty, as someone with profound hearing loss and also reads lips and facial expressions AND works with the public all day...  this has not been easy.  (and I am not saying this in an anti-masker sort of way... just be sure to clearly annunciate for people you talk to.  Thanks!) 

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

In all honesty, as someone with profound hearing loss and also reads lips and facial expressions AND works with the public all day...  this has not been easy.  (and I am not saying this in an anti-masker sort of way... just be sure to clearly annunciate for people you talk to.  Thanks!) 

It was a radio broadcast.

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I understood that it was a broadcast.  I just meant as a general public service PSA ("In all honesty...")

I thought you might have been combining the two sentences. Plus, I was emphasizing radio as in you couldn't see me anyway. (As in I have a face for radio)

Edited by gimpeltf

7 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I thought you might have been combining the two sentences. Plus, I was emphasizing radio as in you couldn't see me anyway. (As in I have a face for radio)

Yeah... I just crank up the volume on radio (which can't be good either) and put the closed captions on the TV.

7 hours ago, Gantry said:

Fire up any dual this year, the coaches are often near the refs and to go the scorers table. 

No kidding, watching a maskless Scott Goodale screaming at the refs from a couple feet away was cringeworthy.

Edited by Major Kong

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Agreed.  I doubt you’d have trouble hearing Tom Brands yelling though.

Is the shine on Nelson Brands starting to fade? 

And what's up with Warner gassing out like that? 

It will be funny if instead of Warner gassing out Michael Beard it's Beard gassing out Jacob Warner on Friday night. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 2/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, TBar1977 said:

Is the shine on Nelson Brands starting to fade? 

And what's up with Warner gassing out like that? 

It will be funny if instead of Warner gassing out Michael Beard it's Beard gassing out Jacob Warner on Friday night. 

I've always assumed that Warner gasses because he is cutting hard to stay at 197 and is too small for 285. Add in that he's a greco guy and their cardio never looks as good as it actually is and that's a tough combo. I for one am pumped to see the ultra rare dancing bear matchup that is not between heavyweights and am putting the o/u of third period shots at 1.5 (I'm taking the under and it will happen with about 12 seconds left)