Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Best Wrestler Nobody Talks About - 20 Match Minimum

Lots of guys fit this question, so who comes to mind for you? I have one in mind and it's Parker Keckeisen, 184lbs from Northern Iowa. Guy did great in freestyle and he is 24-1 so far at UNI. Only loss is by 1 pt to Abe Assad last year. If this guy were at any Big10 school he'd be getting props around here.

He gets talked about on FRL quite a bit.  The name is difficult to miss.

Also, he was 2-1 against D1 last year.  That's another reason.  He did just beat Geer, but that puts him 1-1 against NQ type guys, and 2-0 on varsity for the year.

That said, my interest is piqued. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Lots of guys fit this question, so who comes to mind for you? I have one in mind and it's Parker Keckeisen, 184lbs from Northern Iowa. Guy did great in freestyle and he is 24-1 so far at UNI. Only loss is by 1 pt to Abe Assad last year. If this guy were at any Big10 school he'd be getting props around here.

Probably because he wouldn’t be 24-1 wrestling a B1G schedule.  He has one win against a top 25 ranked wrestler.  Fourteen of his wins are against non-D1 wrestlers.

Not to mention, he ducked Jeremiah Kent in the Mizzou dual. Maybe we should talk more about Kent. Didn’t start wrestling until HS, and coaches at Mizzou said he was the most natural talent they’d seen, on par with Cox. He’s starting to learn how to wrestle, and it shows. 

1 minute ago, tigerfan said:

Not to mention, he ducked Jeremiah Kent in the Mizzou dual. Maybe we should talk more about Kent. Didn’t start wrestling until HS, and coaches at Mizzou said he was the most natural talent they’d seen, on par with Cox. He’s starting to learn how to wrestle, and it shows. 

That is what the thread is about, guys nobody is focused on. It isn't about Parker Keck. He is just someone that came to mind. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

That is what the thread is about, guys nobody is focused on. It isn't about Parker Keck. He is just someone that came to mind. 

Maybe it was a clumsy segue, but I did talk more about Kent. Just trying to contribute. :p

1 minute ago, tigerfan said:

Maybe it was a clumsy segue, but I did talk more about Kent. Just trying to contribute. :p

Not at all clumsy. I am trying to say that the thread was posted so people could bring guys like Kent up in convo. They don't get talked about enough.

1 hour ago, J W said:

What about Wilson @ NIU ,he won the MAC last year ?

Came in here to post that!   Britt Wilson of Northern Illinois.  Wrestlestat has him at #12, is 8-0 this year, was 21-3 last year and won the MAC but I bet most wrestling fans didn''t even know what school he went to let alone what weight he is at. 

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Came in here to post that!   Britt Wilson of Northern Illinois.  Wrestlestat has him at #12, is 8-0 this year, was 21-3 last year and won the MAC but I bet most wrestling fans didn''t even know what school he went to let alone what weight he is at. 

Gulp. Count me as included in that group.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, Gantry said:

Funny thing too is every time my alma mater has a good wrestler like Wilson people tend to think he's at Northern Iowa because people confuse NIU and UNI. 

You wrote NIU, but I assume you meant the team coached by Schwab. That’s UNI. Close though!

20 hours ago, Konquest said:

Brit Wilson and Parker Keckeisen is a low key huge match this weekend.  Parker is dominant on his feet and is what you'd call a "volume shooter".  Definitely a freestyler.

What’s cool about Parker is he is an Askren guy, so even though his best position is in the feet, his scrambling and mat game are very good too. 

Im blown away by how good he is already. I thought it would take a couple years

Yeah he does well with far ankle/scramble defense when someone is on his legs.  Re: the Brit Wilson match: riding must've been a point of emphasis lately because he's usually a 2 for 1 kind of wrestler.  If he develops a turn to go with the leg attacks and gas tank he'll be terrifying.