MizzouGrad

Willie "Petty" Saylor

I'll apologize in advance for making this sound political, but just making an observation.  When the former president of the United States gets (got) on Twitter and name calls, and rants, and attacks others, with seemingly no repercussions, then it sort of makes that type of behavior seem more acceptable to some (which it is not).

Edited by KCMO2

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What’s Willie’s dislike of Askren about anyway?  He seemed to claim it wasn’t about him replacing him on FRL.

I think he's gone into it before, but he felt Askren sold out his former close friend, Martin Flo, for a check.

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think he's gone into it before, but he felt Askren sold out his former close friend, Martin Flo, for a check.

How did he sell him out?  He’s still on Rokfin anyway isn’t he?

49 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I'll apologize in advance for making this sound political, but just making an observation.  When the former president of the United States gets (got) on Twitter and name calls, and rants, and attacks others, with seemingly no repercussions, then it sort of makes that type of behavior seem more acceptable to some (which it is not).

Are you seriously implying the internet was friendly, happy place pre 2016? And/ or are you implying the behavior and comments of grown a$$ adults is somehow the fault of someone who held political office? You definitely win worst take of the month award with this winner .

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How did he sell him out?  He’s still on Rokfin anyway isn’t he?

Ben claimed Martin was his best friend and used to defend Martin and briefly willie about Flo until Flo turned around and offered askren more money than anyone who had worked there and askren pretty much said screw you guys I’m going with them. Askren really only cares about the $$ And he’s pretty proud of that fact 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ben claimed Martin was his best friend and used to defend Martin and briefly willie about Flo until Flo turned around and offered askren more money than anyone who had worked there and askren pretty much said screw you guys I’m going with them. Askren really only cares about the $$ And he’s pretty proud of that fact 

That's a painfully simplistic and naive take on someone taking a job. You must know all the associated parties intimately. 

It's Friday.  Who knows? Perhaps Willie  is by now a Drunken Sailor (Saylor) holed up in an Easton, PA bar with a diluted "fake" beer (Budweiser) and a satchel full of grievances, resentment, and woe directed against the "liberal" or even "libertarian" (Askren) wrestling elite  in progressive Austin, TX, who are, in his imagination, swallowing up the wrestling  websites (Track) and threatening like a voracious whale to gulp down the guppies and upstarts like Rokfin.  "Bartender, give me another pickled egg and turn off that European soccer match on the TV! What are you a commie?"

Willie does Willie things.  I'm going to choose to interpret the "Christina Pyles" thing as a typo as opposed to an attempt to insinuate being female as being some sort of insult.  It's clear he's still got an axe to grind.  I'm not surprised about the one against Pyles and Flo, the one with Askren seems to be mostly based around pettiness.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He took another job, so what?  And of course was still on Rokfin so he must not have “screwed them” that badly.

Heck he often takes little shots at Flo even on FRL, it’s not like he’s become some sort of corporate Flo robot.

I like Willie and kudos to him for seemingly making a living off of it, but he’s basically a glorified message board poster with a platform.   Heck he’s even still talking about wrestling matches he won in high school.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Willie does Willie things.  I'm going to choose to interpret the "Christina Pyles" thing as a typo as opposed to an attempt to insinuate being female as being some sort of insult.  It's clear he's still got an axe to grind.  I'm not surprised about the one against Pyles and Flo, the one with Askren seems to be mostly based around pettiness.

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't need to I didn't make a rather bold claim about the character of the people involved.

Askren was literally telling Willie I have your back while negotiating a contract with Flo to replace Willie...they had known each other for years and Willie I guess thought they were friends...love Willie or hate him any of you would be salty if the situation was happening to you 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Askren was literally telling Willie I have your back while negotiating a contract with Flo to replace Willie...they had known each other for years and Willie I guess thought they were friends...love Willie or hate him any of you would be salty if the situation was happening to you 

How do you know that? Doesn't make much sense, because they aren't equivalent draws.

And just because you quoted me it doesn't mean you responded to my point.

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

He took another job, so what?  And of course was still on Rokfin so he must not have “screwed them” that badly.

Heck he often takes little shots at Flo even on FRL, it’s not like he’s become some sort of corporate Flo robot.

I like Willie and kudos to him for seemingly making a living off of it, but he’s basically a glorified message board poster with a platform.   Heck he’s even still talking about wrestling matches he won in high school.

It’s more to the point that Askren was telling Willie one thing while doing another...I’m sure if he went to Willie and was like yo Flo is offering me all this $$ I can’t afford to turn it down then it wouldn’t be an issue 

and with the whole “glorified message board poster with a platform” , I think you are really underestimating how many coaches and athletes respect Willie and would rather deal with him then other members of wrestling media

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

How do you know that? Doesn't make much sense, because they aren't equivalent draws.

And just because you quoted me it doesn't mean you responded to my point.

Pretty sure Willie came out and said as much when it all went down..then askren came out and pretty much rolled his eyes and talked about how he has all these haters

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s more to the point that Askren was telling Willie one thing while doing another...I’m sure if he went to Willie and was like yo Flo is offering me all this $$ I can’t afford to turn it down then it wouldn’t be an issue 

and with the whole “glorified message board poster with a platform” , I think you are really underestimating how many coaches and athletes respect Willie and would rather deal with him then other members of wrestling media

you are willie