nom

VT vs NC State 2021

So you're telling me that Aaron Brooks one and done at the 2019 Junior World Championships at 79 keggers and Trent Hidlay's Bronze at 86 keggers never happened?
That's a trick question.  Because it did:
https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=278619132

Men`s Freestyle 79 kg

Aaron Marquel Brooks's place is unknown and has scored 0.0 team points.
  • Champ. Round 1 - Abubakr Abakarov (AZERBAIJAN) won by decision over Aaron Marquel Brooks (UNITED STATES) (Dec 5-3)

Men`s Freestyle 86 kg

Trent Niemond Hidlay's place is 3rd and has scored 8.0 team points.
  • Champ. Round 1 - Trent Niemond Hidlay (UNITED STATES) won by tech fall over Teng Zhao (CHINA) (TF 10-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Trent Niemond Hidlay (UNITED STATES) won by tech fall over Demid Karachenko (UKRAINE) (TF 10-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Trent Niemond Hidlay (UNITED STATES) won by decision over Sajjad Saeid Habibiehsani (IRAN) (Dec 6-1)
  • Semifinal - Alik Shebzukhov (RUSSIA) won by decision over Trent Niemond Hidlay (UNITED STATES) (Dec 4-3)
  • 3rd Place Match - Trent Niemond Hidlay (UNITED STATES) won by decision over Ivars Samusonoks (LATVIA) (Dec 9-0)

I thought you were referring to Brooks WINNING worlds and then that was it. Clearly he is not just a flash in the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I thought you were referring to Brooks WINNING worlds and then that was it. Clearly he is not just a flash in the pan.

What?  No.  That makes zero sense to what you were saying and what I was saying.

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

He doesn't wrestle freestyle at all?

Apologies.  I meant he has unfavorable results in freestyle, not that he didn't wrestled it.

He wrestled at US Senior Nats and got handled by Drew Foster 7-1 and had nothing for Brett Pfarr.  The same Pfarr who lost to Z Braunagel and got stramrolled by Rocky Elam.

45 minutes ago, UnOfficialObserver said:

Learn the rules, guys. You get reaction time on mat returns to break the lock. This was not locked hands beyond reaction time. The correct call was made.

I only watched it a couple times, appeared to me to be beyond reaction time.  But then what is reaction time, is that a two swipe two second count, is it one swipe - one second?  Is it officially defined in time in the rules?  I'm not going to bother and try to look it up but if "reaction time" is an interpretation ... well then ... there you go.  ;_;

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

I only watched it a couple times, appeared to me to be beyond reaction time.  But then what is reaction time, is that a two swipe two second count, is it one swipe - one second?  Is it officially defined in time in the rules?  I'm not going to bother and try to look it up but if "reaction time" is an interpretation ... well then ... there you go.  ;_;

It undoubtedly is an interpretation thing.  The refs get to decide what that is at the time it happens.

Slow motion replays are almost not usable in these scenarios either, because of it being a full-speed motion.  Once the call is made to be not locked hands it is nearly impossible to remove it unless all three refs determine that it was indeed locked hands.

Not sure why people on this board are so sure that Brooks would major Bolen but not Hilday? They both have similar styles compared to Brooks. Bolen is clearly the superior wrestler to Hilday right now-they have wrestled 3 times, and while the last two were very close at 2-1, Hilday has only come close to a takedown 1 time in 3 matches. The first match that was 3-1 was not as close as the score indicated-Hilday never came close to scoring from his feet in that match. 

Until Amine actually wrestles this year I think the favorites are Brooks, Bolen, Hilday, DePrez in that order. I do think Brooks is the favorite based on his quickness and talent, but it could go to any of those 4 (again this is until Amine actually wrestles). 

19 hours ago, 1032004 said:

That was definitely not beyond reaction time.  Watching it in slo mo just makes it look like it was.

Some guys react quicker than others, some refs are slower than others. ;)

I don't have a problem with the decision after review was just stating my opinion when watching live on TV, didnt go back and watch again later.  However, my personal opinion is I hate allowing the brick for locked hands call, it's just a cheap way to try to win a close match.   If the ref was out of position (and there are two refs) then lets assume it didn't happen and keep wrestling, an illegal hold different situation.  

But would Hidlay's right hook lay Brooks out, like it did Amine?
I still don't get it.  Amine KNEW it was coming.  Yet just stuck his head out there and let him throw that haymaker.

I was absolutely shocked that that wasn’t C + 1. I’ve seen much less get that.

Just now, Le duke said:

I was absolutely shocked that that wasn’t C + 1. I’ve seen much less get that.

I wasn't.  It's like the ref's blink for long periods and/or are just looking to not get the club themselves.

I am convinced the reason Bolen has Hidlay's number is because he can take a hit.

I look forward to seeing him(Bolen) in Bellator in the next 2-5 years.

14 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Re-watched the Hidlay/Bolen match.

Hidlay is the Austin Desanto of the upper weights. Only one way to get his offense going.

It's been known that if you aren't effected by his right hooks that you'll beat him.