Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Immel

Fans can now vote for Hodge Trophy

It would be hard to argue against either. But from a fan perspective I do count that Q got pinned by wilps. Even though it doesnt count on the official record we cant forget about it because we know it happened. Maple on the other hand, truly undefeated

They must have been reading our posts here. Great move by WIN. After a couple shaky selections this will help solidify the award as college wrestling's premier award. If I had a vote my heart would write in Q, just kidding, I do believe the all star counts. I just was so impressed with his finals match against a Hodge contender in Kilgore. I voted for Dake. Anyone else would be a tragedy. My top 5 would be:

Dake

Ruth

Oliver

Stieber

Maple

Dake

Ruth

Oliver

Stieber

Maple

I'd probably have to go:

1. Dake

2. Stieber (Although Ruth could easily be here)

3. Ruth

4. Oliver

5. Q (I don't count the All Star and Q seemed to wrestling for fun and to put on a show rather than to win)

6. Maple

7. Nelson

8. St. John

9. Delgado

10. Perry

I'd like to hear someone explain to me how you could have Oliver over Steiber?

I'd have:

Dake

Ruth

Steiber

Oliver

Maple

Because Steiber didn't have a lot of matches this year and got got jacked to his back by Ramos in the finals. That was a two count by the way. I have either of them in the top 3-5...pretty close. But Dake and Ruth have got to be 1/2.

Mr. Ruth @ 184 hands down...Mr. Dake(2nd) based on his body of work(4X NCAA CHAMPION)...The only match Ed Ruth was somewhat challenged was the B1G Finals...That same individual didn't place at the NCAA's...3rd on is a toss up!!!

P.S. No other wrestler in the NCAA had folks avoid being pinned like Mr. Ruth...JMHO!!!

I voted for Dake. 4x NCAA champ in 4 different weight class. Beat 2012 Hodge Trophy winner.

1. Dake 37-0, 18 falls, 2 techs, 8 majors; 2 majors in NCAAs; 75.7% bonus points

2. Stieber 27-0, 14 falls, 7 techs, 2 majors; 2 falls, 2 techs in NCAAs; 85.2% bonus points

3. Oliver 38-0, 17 falls, 3 techs, 12 majors; 4 majors in NCAAs; 84.2% bonus points

4. Ruth 33-0, 12 falls, 4 techs, 10 majors; 2 falls, 2 majors in NCAAs; 78.8% bonus points

5. Wright 32-0, 11 falls, 0 techs, 4 majors; 1 fall in NCAAs; 46.8% bonus points

David Taylor 30-2, 14 falls, 10 techs, 5 majors; 4 falls in NCAAs; 90.6% bonus points!