18 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

USA 97kg qualified for 2021 worlds when Snyder won bronze at 2019 worlds and 2020 Olympics were postponed to 2021.

Did I get this in the wrong thread?  When I wrote this I was referring to chatter about the OTT being moved, but I don't see that discussion here.  

Were the drugs that good????

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:
18 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

USA 97kg qualified for 2021 worlds when Snyder won bronze at 2019 worlds and 2020 Olympics were postponed to 2021.

Did I get this in the wrong thread?  When I wrote this I was referring to chatter about the OTT being moved, but I don't see that discussion here.  

Were the drugs that good????

I sure did, totally different thread.  How'd I pull that one off.

13 hours ago, headache said:

Total means for the series. Why the insult? Did I do something to you to justify that?

Probably because I don't like people who sneer about low scoring matches, however it was a fair comment on your part, so most will probably just think I come off like a jerk for the comment.

50 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Probably because I don't like people who sneer about low scoring matches, however it was a fair comment on your part, so most will probably just think I come off like a jerk for the comment.

People who don't like low scoring matches don't understand elite wrestling.

22 hours ago, BossHoss said:

People who don't like low scoring matches don't understand elite wrestling.

Would you be interested in a 25 point world gold medal match, or does that not qualify as elite?

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Would you be interested in a 25 point world gold medal match, or does that not qualify as elite?

You misunderstand.

If you dislike low scoring matches because they are low scoring, then you do not understand much of what is elite wrestling.  The best wrestlers on the planet will not let them selves get scored on.  Look at Kyle Dake in 2018 and J'Den Cox in 2019.  Neither surrendered a point at worlds.  Both left no doubt that they were the best and most elite at their weight classes those years.

That gold medal match you showed is a slopfest.  That is indefensible.

I like where this thread went. 
A reasonable argument of: 
"Great wrestlers have defense that is just as good if not better than their offense"  (It's hard to lose when they can't score on you)
Predictably it was countered with:
"Here is a match between 2 notably great wrestlers that was high scoring, so if you believe your point you must mean that these guys suck" 
I love when people do that but I will never understand why. 

On 2/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Do you always argue by pretending to misunderstand other people's points? Thats even more useless than whining about low scoring matches... 

Nah it's just his latest of burner of the week, and this character is a holier than thou version that offers polarizing takes so I threw one back because sometimes it's fun to feed the troll. I personally liked the one where he was transitioning from kickboxing to freco that needed some shoes and gainz... I wonder if he will make a comeback and let us know how it went.

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Nah it's just his latest of burner of the week, and this character is a holier than thou version that offers polarizing takes so I threw one back because sometimes it's fun to feed the troll. I personally liked the one where he was transitioning from kickboxing to freco that needed some shoes and gainz... I wonder if he will make a comeback and let us know how it went.

Man.

You lost me there, bud.  We talking Blue Dragon's boy here?

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Man.

You lost me there, bud.  We talking Blue Dragon's boy here?

Nah it's one dude who has all the fun burners. I think the one I referred to above went by Pablo? He was also a preacher, Jimmy C, etc. Always a similar random post and karma farming with an extremely predictable grammatical style and lexicon.

Say what you want about Blue Dragon's son but at least he doesn't hide behind a screen name for better or almost entirely for worse. He puts it on twitter for alllll the world to see.

14 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Nah it's one dude who has all the fun burners. I think the one I referred to above went by Pablo? He was also a preacher, Jimmy C, etc. Always a similar random post and karma farming with an extremely predictable grammatical style and lexicon.

Say what you want about Blue Dragon's son but at least he doesn't hide behind a screen name for better or almost entirely for worse. He puts it on twitter for alllll the world to see.

Blue Dragons does, though.

As far as Clowney?  I'm just waiting for Storley or Ruth to break his neck in the cage in Bellator.  Reeeally hoping to see him elevated to Bellator quickly before he is exposed as a weak-chinned punk.

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

well in that case I totally whiffed on your post.

It looks like it was posted in another thread that Dean-Cox isn't happening at the end of this month anymore.  Looks like we won't get to see that direct comparison between Cox and Snyder.

I think Dean matches up better with Cox than Snyder.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:17 AM, BossHoss said:

It looks like it was posted in another thread that Dean-Cox isn't happening at the end of this month anymore.  Looks like we won't get to see that direct comparison between Cox and Snyder.

I think Dean matches up better with Cox than Snyder.

I agree in some aspects. 
Part of Dean's style is just hoss'n people and he's super difficult to score on. 
Snyder is a hoss, also difficult to score on. and has more horsepower, feels like a standard Snyder higher level MFS match, few push outs until you get tired and then a few takedowns. 
In the same breath, I think Dean may keep it closer with J'den, cause J'den still doesn't push for the tech, and Dean has solid defense.. but I don't think Dean has the offense to score.
Meh. I don't think the "Direct comparison" would be very telling. 
I'd go J'den 4-0, Snyder 8-3 or something. both with Dean just trying to not to get scored on. 

*Obviously 5 and 4 point victories are similar, I just think it would look considerably different, where you felt he was closer to J'den just based on style. 
Snyder will almost certainly look like a bull-dozer out there at some point, but I bet he gives up more points than J'den