nom

Iowa v Ohio State Feb 2021

Lee demolishes Koontz with a tech-pin (bar and half as mentioned in other thread).  Announcer said Heinselman was there ... but went with Koontz.

DeSanto demolishes the bigger Koontz.  Nearly gets the tech-pin as well but settles for the Tech.

Eierman and Ech 0-0 in first.  Someone chose neutral in 2nd (figure Ech).  Eierman with slide by to Merkel for 2 at end of period.  Third period Eierman on top ... cradle to pin.  Ech yells out as he goes over but ref said too bad. You are pinned.  Ech holding wrapped knee.

Sasso Vs Murin -- 2-2 going into third with Sasso down and now out  3-2 Sasso.  Murin in, holding leg, Sasso working the corner with Murin stretch out.  Sasso .... sasso ... has the cradle!   2 awarded.  But Murin breaks the lock.  5-3 Sasso as Murin gets the escape.  Murin in again.  Sasso defense looks a lot like Yianni's.   Sasso to corner to grabbing a leg, pulls leg up, gets the cradle, and the PIN!!!

Edited by nom

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Sorry to see Ech get injured, but it still has to be said that he grew up on freestyle and looks unsure of himself in folkstyle. Fish out of water so to speak. 

I thought Ech looked good. Eirman is a funky wrestler and Ech looked to be competitive. I hope he’s ok and the injury is nothing too serious, I think he’ll be a tough out for anyone once he gets some folkstyle experience.

1 minute ago, Class said:

Did Eirman choose top in the 3rd after Ech took neutral in the 2nd?  

That 3rd was going to be a looong 2 minutes under Eirman.

Yep, Jaydin took top in the third.  Pretty fun match on the feet...

Reyna (Iowa) vs Cleary - Scramble --- under review.  2 was on board for Cleary.  I did not see a TD.  At all.  Ref raised the wrong hand .... ugh.    Not even sure if Reyna had the TD.  But 2 is given to Reyna.  2-1 with Escape on restart.  Cleary gets in, lifts leg, Reyna in trouble, tries to roll under but Cleary ready and stuffs it.  Reyna bellies.  3-2 Cleary.  OOB.  Restart, Clearly looking to ride out ... to edge, OOB.  11 sec to go in first.  Rides out.

Cleary down in 2nd.  Up ... and out.  4-2.  Clearly fires, has leg, pulling Reyna back in.  To feet, with leg, pulling back in.  Reyna in splits.  Wrapping, blocking arm off so can't wrap both legs.  Ref blows whistle.  And then not much more for rest of 2nd.  4-2 going to third.

3rd - Reyna down .. To feet.  Out.  4-3 Cleary.  90 sec to go.  Tie up.  Reyna working a 2 on 1.  Nada.  60 sec.  Cleary holding center.  30 sec.  Cleary fires, Reyna spins toward middle, they go OOB.  

Mask wearing generally looking good.

Cleary wins 4-3.

Edited by nom

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Isn't this the 6th or 7th time he's been injured then last several months?

Like... at one point do we start assume he is crying wolf and flopping because he's losing?

Sure seems like it, doesn’t it? Always seems to get hurt on the losing exchange. 

7 minutes ago, ExBSUfan said:

I thought Ech looked good. Eirman is a funky wrestler and Ech looked to be competitive. I hope he’s ok and the injury is nothing too serious, I think he’ll be a tough out for anyone once he gets some folkstyle experience.

I think he looks fine on his feet, but out of place when the match hits the mat. 

Things aren't going to go well for Ech on the mat.  And the thought did cross my mind as he yelled out whether he was lookiing for a restart.  Better to assume he wasn't doing that.  

I will say, if the ref's number 1, by far, mission  --- is the safety of the wrestler .... this ref decided it could wait a few seconds.

4 minutes ago, nom said:

Thanks, I changed to say the bigger Koontz.  I'm figuring that is right ...    :)

Haha also not technically true but yes true.  Both have been 125 all season.  Today it is true.

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Anyone else notice how wide the gap is between the Iowa starting line up and their back ups? 

Yeah buddy...

If each period was three minutes Penola would have had Warner and it would have been 22-21 going into Cassman.

5 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

Prob took some good amount of scholarship funds to get the front line. As long as healthy, seems like the strategy is working in its current form.

When that front line graduates they are going to need some more top line talent. 

Smith (OhSt) demolishing Axmear.  TD, cradle.  Esc.  TD, cradle, esc.   TD, esc.  14-3 48 sec to go in 1st.  TD.  16-3.  Working a modlifed bar to half but it doesn't work ... because he is not Spencer Lee.  (haha).

Axmear lucky to get to 2nd period.  Neutral.  Smith TD.  Over 18-3.

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

You could say this about any team. How did PSU's 149 and 197 pounders do against indiana and NW?

They lost, but here is the difference. The vast majority of the PSU line up has 4 years remaing. Iowa will soon graduate a lot of talent. 

174 - Kaleb Romerp looks like he is 10 years older than Kemerer in their photos for their lineup.

Hand fighting, shots ... no real penetration to a leg yet.  1:15 to go in first.  Romero snapped to mat (seemed like he did it to himself, weird), Kem tries to get behind but Romero away.  30 sec to go.  Kem reaches.  He has been the more offensive wrestler.  Jim Gibbons agrees with me (that is Jim right?).  

2nd, Kem up and away in 3 seconds or so.  Romero with feints.  Tied up now. Kem lowers and shots but Romero spins away.  Kem goes again but again Romero spins away. Deserves a stalling.  Playing edge.  Romero called for pulling on head gear.  Looked inadvertent.  Kem in, gets a high single but stretched a bit.  Romero hips are good.  No go.  Kem winning 2-0 with technical violation.  

2-1 in third.  a flurry .. Romero reaches but Kem quick.  No go.  Romero looks like he is limping.  Kem goes in.  OOB.  Stall warning against Romero.  2-1 on restart.  Romero is protecting left leg.  Goes OOB, stalling on Romero.  3-1 Kem.  Kem not acting like he smells blood.  Romero shoots, front headlock by Kem.  BAcks out and shoots again .. Kem spins as time goes out.  No TD I think.

Kem wins.

Edited by nom