nom

Iowa v Ohio State Feb 2021

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They lost, but here is the difference. The vast majority of the PSU line up has 4 years remaing. Iowa will soon graduate a lot of talent. 

Very good point, Iowa will need to reload in a big way to continue to be a contender. I don't think anyone expects iowa's backups from today to be the starters after the seniors graduate next year

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Very good point, Iowa will need to reload in a big way to continue to be a contender. I don't think anyone expects iowa's backups from today to be the starters after the seniors graduate next year

Yeah, I know they have some guys but they have not been great team wise in the extra matches. I really like Kennedy, but not seeing a lot of others. Not enough anyway. I can write down 4 years worth of PSU line ups that will dominate the guys I am seeing. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, I know they have some guys but they have not been great team wise in the extra matches. I really like Kennedy, but not seeing a lot of others. Not enough anyway. I can write down 4 years worth of PSU line ups that will dominate the guys I am seeing. 

Sweet. When they start handing out JV team titles thats a very relevant point.

Brands vs R Jordan. Amusing how the youngest Jordan brother turns out to be the biggest.

Brands hi crotch, lifts up and a TD .. very nice and clean.  20 sec to go in period.  Riding.  Jordan with very little effort / movement there to get out.  MIght not be giving Brands enough credit for pressure but he didn't need to do much to keep Jordan down.  2-0

2nd - Brands up and out fast.  3-0.  ... Jordan in but Brands with heavy sprawl and hips.  Jordan looks bigger than Brands. Tie up .... but not much more.  

3rd - Jordan picks Neutral!!  Tie ups, snaps, collar ties, snap, Jordan reaches but nothing there.  Collar tie, underhook misses, JOrdan lowers and reaches but Brands effectively blocks off.  Brands heavy on head.  Jordan bent over.  That is it.  Not impressed by Jordan -- could not create any offense.  Never threatened at all.  Admittedly Brands only did once but that is more than none.

Edited by nom
!

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Kennedy, Cassioppi (super sophomore this year, no?), and Brands/Assad will make for a decent kernel but, as an Iowa fan, I'd hope they could lock up a few more studs after, hopefully, winning the next 2 NCAA's. Otherwise, I have no doubt that they would be underdogs to PSU and maybe Mich/Cornell after next year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Kennedy, Cassioppi (super sophomore this year, no?), and Brands/Assad will make for a decent kernel but, as an Iowa fan, I'd hope they could lock up a few more studs after, hopefully, winning the next 2 NCAA's. Otherwise, I have no doubt that they would be underdogs to PSU and maybe Mich/Cornell after next year.

Yup. 

Howard, RBY 2 more years, Bartlett, Boone or Van Ness, Joe Lee, Starrocci, Brooks and Facundo, Beard, Kerkvliet. That group will be tough.

Warner vs Singletary (Ohio State) --- woah,  Warner double under and LIFTSSSSS ..... Singletary back to feet and he goes for double over inside trip ......... Warner able to back out.  Some excitement there. But neither able to convert.  Arm drag Warner but Singletary simply jogs away.  Collar tie Warner.  Warner lowers for an ankle pick but misses.  Warner reaches but gets air.  Snap by Warner, then immediately to a single, stands with it and wraps far hip and puts Singletary down and .... puts Singletary to back ... gets 4 backs right at the end of the period.  6-0 Warner.

2nd period.  Singletary down.  Warner riding tough.  Singletary with a bit of a roll and throws hips over, almost works ... Warner turns in and stands and wraps and drives OOB.  Never loses control.  1 min to go.  Warner pretty parallel.  grabbing wrists.  Singletary up and Warner bumps him OOB.  Stalling Warner?  Restart, S granby's .. almost put to back .. but keeps going and S gets out.  and then ... S reaches in but Warner gets around ... Warner TD.  8-1 OOB with 5 sec to go.  

3rd period.  Neutral?   Warner gets around body but they go OOB.  S hit with stalling for backing out.  W snap so S shoots  low but W ready and spins around.  TD.  10-1.  30 sec to go, Warner riding.  Has RT.  OOB.  13 sec to go.   

Nice win by Warner.

I remember people talking about Singletary like he was the second coming.  My memory wrong?

Just now, backpack said:

I expected Singletary to have more muscle after shredding the extra lbs he was carrying for heavyweight. He somehow manages to look both undersized for the weight and like he’s cutting too much. 

Yeah, you nailed it here.  Cutting a lot still at a strength disadvantage. 

Cassioppi vs Orndorff - Cass with a very strong and fast penetration step for a high C, lifts leg, wraps far hip with right arm and drives.  2-0 Cass...... Has leg lace (ha!) has to work up .. does right before the 5th count is announced.  Riding out well now.  Orndorf flat.  Hammerlock ... 2nd period ....

2nd, Orn down, tries a role, stall for a moment on back, gets to belly.  now flat.  Cass working on right arm, trying to pry it up and over Orn's back.  No go.  Orn now to feet, and out with 1 min to go in 2nd.  Both have a body lock (over an arm).  Cass let's go but Orn doesn't.  Now Cass has again.  CASS pulls it in as he twists and HEAVE.... Orn to his back!!  CASS adjusts .... gets the PIN!!!  Wow.

Edited by nom