nom

Iowa v Ohio State Feb 2021

Ohio State and Iowa had their moments. Good dual, considering we were mostly expecting a complete Iowa smash. 

Ech looked way better than I thought. I said he could go on the feet, but would get pinned in the first. I wasn’t too far off, but at least it was a good match. 

Romero looked great. Kem is obviously better, but Romero can win that match 2/10 times maybe. That’s way better than I expected. It means Romero could make the finals with a perfect run. 

Brands and Warner didn’t have a great day overall, but looked fine vs Ohio State. 

Sasso did Sasso things. He is going to get a few pins and NCAAs, and I bet if he doesn’t win it, he scores more team points than whoever does win it. 

Having a hard time figuring out the reasoning behind sitting Lee against Purdue. I don't believe it is a duck, but what possible explanation could there be? To protect Lee's 1st period pin streak?? I'm a die-hard hawk fan and even an inner circle member but this... Is not a good look. Has me P.O'd to be frank

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

Not a duck.

I don't doubt that. But has an explanation been given? I don't think it is a stretch to say that Lee is Iowa's #1 star so when he sits out, I think fans have a right to get some sort of answer as to why (especially when he wrestles literally 2 hours later). Maybe this has been addressed in a post match presser. I haven't been able to find it yet.

41 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Murin is a scrub?

Probably got mixed up with 157. I have to say, I thought Murin looked really good today actually, maybe as good as I've seen him. Pretty clear that Sasso is a match up problem, but I think that version of Murin can beat any other guy at the weight.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Probably got mixed up with 157. I have to say, I thought Murin looked really good today actually, maybe as good as I've seen him. Pretty clear that Sasso is a match up problem, but I think that version of Murin can beat any other guy at the weight.

Math...

Just now, Mphillips said:

We're gonna qualify that as, 'pretty even' from now on.  

Sure thing.  Romero did almost NOTHING.  Count attacks.  He was certainly good defensively, and looked very big.  Kem is pretty good size and I thought he looked small out there.  But if a ref makes Romero wrestle, this could go badly for him.

12 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Sure thing.  Romero did almost NOTHINGCount attacks.  He was certainly good defensively, and looked very big.  Kem is pretty good size and I thought he looked small out there.  But if a ref makes Romero wrestle, this could go badly for him.

I watched the dual. 

Did you get shot in the funny bone or the humerus maybe? 

56 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Except for the part where he did not wrestle and just reacted to Kem's offense for four minutes.

I never said Kem wasn't the aggressor, but the score was even until the headgear infraction. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I never said Kem wasn't the aggressor, but the score was even until the headgear infraction. 

He was going to get that stall point. Romero did a great job defensively, but he'll have to find a way to get to his own stuff if he wants to win. I don't think Kem is going to beat himself.

3 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I don't doubt that. But has an explanation been given? I don't think it is a stretch to say that Lee is Iowa's #1 star so when he sits out, I think fans have a right to get some sort of answer as to why (especially when he wrestles literally 2 hours later). Maybe this has been addressed in a post match presser. I haven't been able to find it yet.

Were they giving his backup a chance-- or did Iowa forfeit?

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Were they giving his backup a chance-- or did Iowa forfeit?

They sent out Aaron Cashman. He did ok in the 1st period but then proceeded to lose by techfall. I just don't get it. In a foreshortened season, why take away a marquee match up from your star wrestler? Iowa isn't the only one to do this of course, but I'm getting fed up with it.

Edited by Mr. Poopy butthole

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

He was going to get that stall point. Romero did a great job defensively, but he'll have to find a way to get to his own stuff if he wants to win. I don't think Kem is going to beat himself.

I agree. He doesn't beat himself. Romero looked kinda hurt at the end. Hope he heals up and gives Kem another solid match. 

9 hours ago, AHamilton said:

The pelvis.

9 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Just double checking.

Honestly after rewatching it I'm with the former Secretary of the Treasury here.  Kem wasn't in all-attack mode, but Romero was in all defense mode.

If he wrestles like that against the nonstop version of Massa we've seen I don't see how he doesn't get called for stalling a few times.  Lord help him if he stalls him out...