gallison

Cowboy Challenge

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

They need to be there or we'll see a bunch of overseeded undefeated Mizzou grapplers.

Mizzou's done what they can.  Of the top 15 ranked teams (14 besides the Tigers), they can't wrestle 7 of them (Big 10), the 3 ACC teams only wrestle non-conf. cupcakes (none of them wrestle a non-conf. top 20 team), and they wrestle or are scheduled to wrestled the remaining 4.

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

They need to be there or we'll see a bunch of overseeded undefeated Mizzou grapplers.

Boo hoo! I’m so tired of this sentiment. Mizzou has proven itself to be one of the top teams for over a decade, better than anyone other than the big 4 and maybe Cornell, going back 15 years. Maybe you want NCAA DI wrestling reduced to the Big 12/10, but most of us think that’s foolhardy. Every year there are multiple threads about how good Brian Smith is, and how underrated he remains, despite his unparalleled success. Your ignorance is showing. 

12 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

Boo hoo! I’m so tired of this sentiment. Mizzou has proven itself to be one of the top teams for over a decade, better than anyone other than the big 4 and maybe Cornell, going back 15 years. Maybe you want NCAA DI wrestling reduced to the Big 12/10, but most of us think that’s foolhardy. Every year there are multiple threads about how good Brian Smith is, and how underrated he remains, despite his unparalleled success. Your ignorance is showing. 

I think his ignorance has been showing for quite a while.  Mizzou hasn't finished lower than 6th in the nation at nationals since 2013-14, but trolls like nhs want to bash on them.

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, tigerfan said:

Your comment is obviously bitter.  I am a big fan of Mizzou.  So, kindly please stfu with your bitterness.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

I think his ignorance has been showing for quite a while.  Mizzou hasn't finished lower than 6th in the nation at nationals since 2013-14, but trolls like nhs want to bash on them.

You obviously can't read either.  That or you don't read.  I am and have been pro-Mizzou ever since I watched Lewis with that... what was it a 6m50s riding time?  So you can also stfu with your bitterness. Kindly, of course.

You Mizzoufolk get so defensive over stupid $HlT it's fckn embarrassing.

I don’t really see the difference in sending some of their wrestlers vs. all of their wrestlers to Stillwater (related to COVID) unless they plan to quarantine those that go when they get back. And then the starters that don’t go won’t have practice partners if they’re in quarantine.

This just leads me to believe that if Smith says some are going, they’re all going (as it relates to skipping for COVID concerns). There would have to be another reason if some starters don’t make the trip, whether that’s rest or nursing an injury. No way Smith or his team ducks anybody.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Everything I had seen was a 4 team (WY, WV, MO & OSU) individual tournament set up for ~2 per team, no mention of OU (and OU has a scheduled event 14th) or UCO.  Maybe they added allowing some backup extra match/draw-ins?

Was 5 teams when schedule was released. UCO was one of them theyre having covid issues 

Assuming everyone goes from Mizzou, OSU, WVU and Wyoming, these are the ranked wrestlers (according to Intermat).  Big tests for Mauller, Keegan and Rocky.  Hoping they make the trip to gauge where they are as we approach the postseason...

125:
#15 Trevor Mastrogiovanni (OSU)
#18 Connor Brown (MU)

133:
#1 Daton Fix (OSU) -- Is Fix back yet?
#12 Matt Schmitt (MU)
#20 Ryan Sullivan (WVU)

149:
#3 Brock Mauller (MU)
#4 Boo Lewallen (OSU)

157:
#10 Jarrett Jacques (MU)
#16 Wyatt Sheets (OSU)
#19 Jacob Wright (WYO)

165:
#4 Travis Wittlake (OSU)
#9 Keegan O'Toole (MU)

174:
#10 Hayden Hastings (WYO)
#11 Peyton Mocco (MU)
#12 Dustin Plott (OSU)

184:
#9 Dakota Geer (OSU)
#16 Jeremiah Kent (MU)

197:
#4 Noah Adams (WVU)
#10 AJ Ferrari (OSU)
#12 Stephen Buchanan (WYO)
#15 Rocky Elam (MU)

Hwt:
#15 Zach Elam (MU)
#16 Brian Andrews (WYO)

3 minutes ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Assuming everyone goes from Mizzou, OSU, WVU and Wyoming, these are the ranked wrestlers (according to Intermat).  Big tests for Mauller, Keegan and Rocky.  Hoping they make the trip to gauge where they are as we approach the postseason...

125:
#15 Trevor Mastrogiovanni (OSU)
#18 Connor Brown (MU)

133:
#1 Daton Fix (OSU) -- Is Fix back yet?
#12 Matt Schmitt (MU)
#20 Ryan Sullivan (WVU)

149:
#3 Brock Mauller (MU)
#4 Boo Lewallen (OSU)

157:
#10 Jarrett Jacques (MU)
#16 Wyatt Sheets (OSU)
#19 Jacob Wright (WYO)

165:
#4 Travis Wittlake (OSU)
#9 Keegan O'Toole (MU)

174:
#10 Hayden Hastings (WYO)
#11 Peyton Mocco (MU)
#12 Dustin Plott (OSU)

184:
#9 Dakota Geer (OSU)
#16 Jeremiah Kent (MU)

197:
#4 Noah Adams (WVU)
#10 AJ Ferrari (OSU)
#12 Stephen Buchanan (WYO)
#15 Rocky Elam (MU)

Hwt:
#15 Zach Elam (MU)
#16 Brian Andrews (WYO)

Smith said Mauller and Jacques and backups 

4 minutes ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Did he say they were the only starters that are going or just mentioned them by name?

Would've to listen again.He did name them as well as Surtin and Harmon and then said backups and maybe 18 guys.

Smith made a comment about R Elam probably not wrestling again until MACs.  Pretty sure O'Toole's dad commented on FRL that Keegan wouldn't be there either.  Probably most interested to see if Kent or Hawks wrestles.  Heard on powermizzou that Kent is out for reasons unrelated to performance, so hopefully he makes it back.  

Seems weird to send half the team if they're worried about COVID, but maybe they plan to keep them separate in practices.  Or maybe they're only sending starters that are pretty much locks for at-large NCAA bids if they miss MACs.

Also heard on FRL that Fix would be back this weekend.

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Curious what happen here?

141    #8 Allan Hart    #50 Saul Ervin    W SV-1 4 - 2

Hart seemed pretty cautious, only taking one real shot before OT and didn't quite finish it.  Looking at Ervin's wrestlestat page, he seems to keep matches low scoring and is getting better too (up from #146 last year).  Beat #25 Spann 5-1 and lost to Kaid Brock 12-7 a few weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, calot said:

Can watch it on ESPN+.Ervin is better then people think.

His brother (and cousin) were really good just never made the level he could have due to repeated injury issues. 

I'll check it out on the +, thanks.

Edited by ionel