gallison

Cowboy Challenge

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

His brother (and cousin) were really good just never made the level he could have due to repeated injury issues. 

I'll check it out on the +, thanks.

Would've been nice to see how good Brock would've become at IL 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

His style bodes well for NCAAs I think. I think he places 5th or so, in a pretty good weight

Agree he goes hard he's in great shape and is a grinder hes a guy you don't want to see in wrestlebacks

On 2/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, FlyinLion said:

They said Mauller and Jacques were both going.  Mizzou sending 18 total with lots of young guys. Surtin and Harmon were both mentioned by named. 

Sounded like UCO is dealing with a Covid issue and won't send anyone, but that OU will be sending a few.

Originally it was going to be Mizzou and Oklahoma state having 3 duals on the day,  WVU and UCO having 2  and Wyoming wasn't in the picture yet.   WVU did not want to dual UCO.   As for UCO  sadly my Bronchos are battling the crap,  and they had  to back out of this opportunity and 2 duals vs. ranked foes in conference. 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, nhs67 said:

Who is UCO?

Please forgive my ignorance.

15 time National Champions and in the top 5 yearly for about 30 straight years.  Split between NAIA and DII.  Last National Title was 2007 for team.   They are the only program at any 4 year level to have 6 champions in one year,  and former coach David James coached 2 individuals that won National Titles 4 times.    Been a long time coming since they have been very good.  Covid hitting late makes me cringe as they are set to host the qualifier as well in a few weeks. 

Is anybody covering these matches...Flo college content is really bad these days...They are the Home of South Dakota and North Dakota State lately...I get the ACC, and B1G wont let them cover them but their College coverage is weak

7 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Is anybody covering these matches...Flo college content is really bad these days...They are the Home of South Dakota and North Dakota State lately...I get the ACC, and B1G wont let them cover them but their College coverage is weak

Finals at 4 supposed to be on Espn+.  Original report was + covering whole tournament.

10 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Yes Flo is worthless for college this year, Track can't even get results coreect, they have a terrible UX for finding stuff, Flo's isn't much better.  I fear the merger will simply give us the worst or both worlds. :(   They really need to throw out both and build a new platform.  

On 2/9/2021 at 6:37 PM, tigerfan said:

Boo hoo! I’m so tired of this sentiment. Mizzou has proven itself to be one of the top teams for over a decade, better than anyone other than the big 4 and maybe Cornell, going back 15 years. Maybe you want NCAA DI wrestling reduced to the Big 12/10, but most of us think that’s foolhardy. Every year there are multiple threads about how good Brian Smith is, and how underrated he remains, despite his unparalleled success. Your ignorance is showing. 

Not sure why you're so defensive. It's both true that Mizzou is a great program and also has a history over the last several years of having guys over seeded at nationals due to their schedule. Not all their fault. They are the class of the MAC. 

This was one of the biggest stories of 2018 NCAAs, both coming in and after. They wrestled a weak schedule and came in with 6 top 6 seeds (4 top 3's). Not a single one of them wrestled to seed. 2 of them lost 1st round. Their other 3 guys were 15, US, US. Their 15 went 1-2, both losses to lower seeds. 125 went 0-2 and 165 went 1-2. None of their 9 qualifiers wrestled to seed. Did they all choke? No, they just weren't as good as their records that year.

Smith is great and runs a great program, but it's totally fair to criticize their inflated records.

18 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

Changed now. Boo by fall. 

It also shows Surtin beating OSU’s starter 9-6. 

That seems to be accurate based on the bracket move. I didn’t look at the brackets earlier when they had Precious beating Boo in the team results so not sure if that is any indication.

I can’t believe I can’t watch this. 

AJ Ferrari, OSU’s beat up and comer and a top recruit, is facing by far his toughest test in former #1 Noah Adams in the semis. 

why didn’t OSU set up a YouTube stream for the prelims? This is embarrassing. Their boosters should hold them accountable. They are supposedly a top wrestling school, but can’t even stream their matches. It’s 2021. Get it together. 

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I can’t believe I can’t watch this. 

AJ Ferrari, OSU’s beat up and comer and a top recruit, is facing by far his toughest test in former #1 Noah Adams in the semis. 

why didn’t OSU set up a YouTube stream for the prelims? This is embarrassing. Their boosters should hold them accountable. They are supposedly a top wrestling school, but can’t even stream their matches. It’s 2021. Get it together. 

I thought the issue is that ESPN had the sole rights or something?

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I believe that’s what I read although can’t remember where now, could be wrong 

Pretty sure Espn has had rights to broadcast all season, hence prob not going to let a competitor take part of it.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I believe that’s what I read although can’t remember where now, could be wrong 

But that doesn’t apply to ISU? UNI had multiple YouTube streams up for their duals earlier today, and then ISU vs UNI is on espn+

1 hour ago, Kov88 said:

Do you need a track wrestling account to see the bracket or results? I can’t find d it on their website 

I couldn’t either and I’m generally fairly savvy with this stuff. I like the track people, but their website UI is a piece of crap

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I couldn’t either and I’m generally fairly savvy with this stuff. I like the track people, but their website UI is a piece of crap

Go to browse from the drop down in the upper left, search Cowboy Challenge.