This morning on FRL Bratke, Askren and Rader knew more about Brittney Spears than the qualifying standards for this year's NCAA tournament.

I find this inexcusable. This is their chosen profession. This is the biggest story in their chosen profession. And they do not know the qualifying standards? Inexcusable.

With three wrestling experts on the show none of them knew that if you finished second in your conference tournament and had fewer than four matches that you do not qualify for the NCAA tournament. And when someone told them that they assumed it was a typo. Never mind that the NCAA published this exact scenario. Very poor performance.

2 minutes ago, calot said:

Go give Willie show a listen on Rokfin they know

Yep. I am a subscriber there too.

My Flo subscription expires in April and I am having a hard time deciding if I should renew. I am not one of the "Flo is bad for the sport" crowd. Far from it. I typically enjoy FRL, but losing the Big 10 duals this year hurt their case (even though so many have been cancelled) and stuff like this drives me crazy. When a guy who calls himself a know nothing, knows more than the experts that strikes me as problematic.

5 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Legit none of us know the qualifying standards, it's completely vague.   Look at all the discussion here about it, we don't know for sure what happens.  Can we finally stop with this 4 match BS already?

Some do.Others are making it complicated.Listen to Willie show they start off explaining it.

Legit none of us know the qualifying standards, it's completely vague.   Look at all the discussion here about it, we don't know for sure what happens.  Can we finally stop with this 4 match BS already?

Yeah, but I assume we are all a bunch of knuckle heads on here. I know where I stand on the mat. I do not pay for our expert opinions here. I do pay Flo for that.

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yep. I am a subscriber there too.

My Flo subscription expires in April and I am having a hard time deciding if I should renew. I am not one of the "Flo is bad for the sport" crowd. Far from it. I typically enjoy FRL, but losing the Big 10 duals this year hurt their case (even though so many have been cancelled) and stuff like this drives me crazy. When a guy who calls himself a know nothing, knows more than the experts that strikes me as problematic.

I agree has been my issue with them for awhile.They would rather tell you the gossip then the facts.And I think the reason is they don't know the facts.Its really sad when they don't know what's going on

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yeah, but I assume we are all a bunch of knuckle heads on here. I know where I stand on the mat. I do not pay for our expert opinions here. I do pay Flo for that.

You don't pay Flo for that, you pay Flo for streaming video like the rest of us do.  Don't kid yourself, wrestling fans only pay for video and never pay for anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

You don't pay Flo for that, you pay Flo for streaming video like the rest of us do.  Don't kid yourself, wrestling fans only pay for video and never pay for anything else. 

Yeah and they didn't stream the video this year, so ... :(

Edited by ionel

Definitely not disputing that, that's why OP and others are questioning their Flo membership.  Because we only pay for video.  Otherwise TOM would be way more popular than Flo and Jason Bryant would be a millionaire (which he deserves) - but that's the way things are.  Saying you pay Flo for expert opinions is disingenuous...

Just now, Gantry said:

Definitely not disputing that, that's why OP and others are questioning their Flo membership.  Because we only pay for video.  Otherwise TOM would be way more popular than Flo and Jason Bryant would be a millionaire (which he deserves) - but that's the way things are.  Saying you pay Flo for expert opinions is disingenuous...

You are right that is not the only thing I pay for and the bigger issue for me is the lose of Big 10 wrestling, but I do value expert analysis and do pay for it. I haven't cancelled my Rokfin sub even though the new video content has come to a halt because I value things like Willie's Monday show. 

And I think FRL is actually free.Wouldnt expect Ben or JD to know that.Bratke was the one I thought maybe would.If Christian was on the show he would've known that if you were 2nd with 3 matches you don't go.Not sticking up for Flo at all because they do get on my nerves with things they don't know.Just the way I see this situation now that I listened

Edited by calot

1 minute ago, calot said:

And I think FRL is actually free.Wouldnt expect Ben or JD to know that.Bratke was the one I thought maybe would.If Christian was on the show he would've know that if you were 2nd with 3 matches you don't go.Not sticking up for Flo at all because they do get on my nerves with things they don't know.Just the way I see this situation now that I listened

Good point. I can find FRL a number of places too because it is not behind the firewall. But your comment about Ben or JD not expected to know reads more as an indictment than an excuse. If they want people who are not expected to know about the biggest current story in the sport then they might as well have Brittney do the show.

Not only that, they didn’t know the dates for the three coaches polls or that allocations are due tomorrow.  Someone at least could have read the NCAA pre championship manual for 2021 and the 2021 selection criteria matrix. While it may not be crystal clear, at least the discussion could have been about the information that is published. 

I haven't listened to FRL but it sounds like this might not have been covered anyways. I do have one question I haven't heard answered (sorry if this is obvious). In the selection process power point it says they are going to confirm participation at the conference tournament? How are they going to do this since the data is partially based on people who have since graduated and obviously would not be competing in the conference tournament.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

The qualifying standards are not vague. What is vague? They literally give every scenario and spell it out.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/wrestling/d1/men/2020-21D1MWR_QualifierAllocationCriteria.pdf

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

The qualifying standards are not vague. What is vague? They literally give every scenario and spell it out.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/wrestling/d1/men/2020-21D1MWR_QualifierAllocationCriteria.pdf

Nobody knows for sure if you don't have 4 matches and you don't win your conference if you'll get an at large if you place high enough.  There have been half a dozen conversations about it on these forums.  I don't know how you missed them all but it's been a constant discussion and far as I know there's been no final answer. 

Just now, Gantry said:

Nobody knows for sure if you don't have 4 matches and you don't win your conference if you'll get an at large if you place high enough.  There have been half a dozen conversations about it on these forums.  I don't know how you missed them all but it's been a constant discussion and far as I know there's been no final answer. 

am i really going to have to bust out visio again today arghhh adsfkljhsa dlk jhklsfl'sdaf'l