VakAttack

Carl does not expect Kerkvliet to wrestle

17 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Disagree, but he's a good one.  Right now, to me, it's Gable, Parris, Kerk in that order.

My basis is that all three have the skill to be elite.  Kerkvliet has the larger and longer build for success, thus marking him as our best prospect.  Health permitting, of course.

30 minutes ago, BossHoss said:

My basis is that all three have the skill to be elite.  Kerkvliet has the larger and longer build for success, thus marking him as our best prospect.  Health permitting, of course.

And I would add that his health is the biggest concern with this guy.  Something that cannot be overlooked.

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

And I would add that his health is the biggest concern with this guy.  Something that cannot be overlooked.

Understood and agreed upon.

Health notwithstanding, all other aspects within these three are comparable.  That leaves the physical dimensions being the deciding factor.

This is my opinion.  You do not have to share it.

Physical dimensions not withstanding, I believe health is the deciding factor.  If you are always recovering from surgery, you cannot wrestle.  I hope he gets healthy and one of our guys wins gold, but he's had some serious issues.

Physical dimensions not withstanding, I believe health is the deciding factor.  If you are always recovering from surgery, you cannot wrestle.  I hope he gets healthy and one of our guys wins gold, but he's had some serious issues.
Also. when you're constantly attacking at 285, you will find yourself underneath a very strong man who will apply force against your shoulders, elbows, and knees.

If you can stay out of these bad positions (getting sprawled on, poor angle shot, shooting head down ie. Snyder,) you can be successful with the relentless leg attacks from neutral.

As you stated, it's a tough weight class to be injured while still trying to compete.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On 2/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, BossHoss said:

Maybe best prospect for US rep, which is somewhat arguable since Gable has stated that he will go pro wrestle after 2021, but to do damage at the world level, Kerk's current build is not going to cut it. He needs to add a good 25-30 lbs. If Cox weren't so young, 97 kg would be perfect for him. 

Every team should be focused on taking out PSU and making a statement. Otherwise, PSU will continue to have an edge in recruiting. Especially with their olympic club consisting of Nolf, Vincenzo, Retherford, Taylor, Bo, Snyder, and Gilman to train with. It's an easy pitch to win recruits and if other schools want to keep a healthy fan base and keep the sport thriving they need to take out PSU. 

18 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

Every team should be focused on taking out PSU and making a statement. Otherwise, PSU will continue to have an edge in recruiting. Especially with their olympic club consisting of Nolf, Vincenzo, Retherford, Taylor, Bo, Snyder, and Gilman to train with. It's an easy pitch to win recruits and if other schools want to keep a healthy fan base and keep the sport thriving they need to take out PSU. 

Don't think about Penn State...

What are you thinking about?