Swayz

College Feel Good Story

How about this:   Yasiim Bribeseca making his mat return tonight for Limestone.   In his RS Freshman year he was an All-American in a loaded 141lb weight class (for University of Nebraska Omaha).....back in 2007!   He is at 149,  and will need to knock a ton of rust off as he lost 10-1 this evening...but dude,  so cool to hear! 

Yeah...totally am on the same page as that.  I was just trying to be a jackwagon for when people complain that someone's first year of college wrestling is when they are like 19 or 20 and how that is such a HUGE advantage...I am with you...only if they were in the room the whole time.

4 hours ago, dman115 said:

Yeah...totally am on the same page as that.  I was just trying to be a jackwagon for when people complain that someone's first year of college wrestling is when they are like 19 or 20 and how that is such a HUGE advantage...I am with you...only if they were in the room the whole time.

It all depends on one's rate of physical maturation.  I do believe that more true freshmen are able to come in and be competitive right away in part because we rarely see any 18 year old freshmen anymore.  Of course, that's not the only reason, but one.  

When I graduated high school I was 17, I was young for my class, but it wasn't entirely uncommon at the time.  I then grew for an additional two years post-high school.  Of course everyone matures at different rates.  So for some, it might indeed be an advantage to start your freshmen year as a 19 or even 20 year old, others not so much.   

On 2/11/2021 at 12:37 AM, Le duke said:

What’s the backstory here? Why the decade plus delay?

Good on him for coming back to finish school, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am not mistaken,  he battled injury for a while and then couldn't crack starting lineup the next year or two.   I am thinking he used up a few more years,  but would have been a senior aftere 2011 when the program was dropped at UNO.   I'll double check on that though.