Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Who wins 197?

On 2/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, jackwebster said:

Fix won't win either if he meets DeSanto. 

Whittlake is their 2nd best wrestler and my favorite. No circus moves like Fix, and will exceed expectations.

Something's wrong with Plott.

Something is wrong with Sheets.

Boo is unreliable and will crab ride his way to a DNP. 

Mastro can't use his bundle against the guys he will see at NCAA's. He might not qualify. 

Geer is unreliable. He gives up points to score points, but doesn't have the tank to make up ground.

Want to laugh? I forgot Hone bc he is forgettable.

Someone not getting a lot of love at 197.... Bulsak of Clarion.    I like Buchanan and his potential, but I'd be surprised if he made the finals this soon.    My sleeper is Trumble of NC State.  Sentimental pick:   Nino Bonaccorsi.

52 minutes ago, Swayz said:

Someone not getting a lot of love at 197.... Bulsak of Clarion.    I like Buchanan and his potential, but I'd be surprised if he made the finals this soon.    My sleeper is Trumble of NC State.  Sentimental pick:   Nino Bonaccorsi.

Trumble I think is going to lose to someone random, and the pin a top 6 seed. 

what an annoying guy to wrestle

34 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Trumble I think is going to lose to someone random, and the pin a top 6 seed. 

what an annoying guy to wrestle

This.   He's also not really a sleeper since Flo had him at #4 or something.

I guess Bulsak has an outside shot at the finals but I don't see him winning.  He's lost twice to Schultz in his career, has lost to Norfleet, and has split matches with Beard including losing to him when he was in grayshirt and I believe the match where he beat Beard was the one where Beard was up big but gassed hard.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

This.   He's also not really a sleeper since Flo had him at #4 or something.

I guess Bulsak has an outside shot at the finals but I don't see him winning.  He's lost twice to Schultz in his career, has lost to Norfleet, and has split matches with Beard including losing to him when he was in grayshirt and I believe the match where he beat Beard was the one where Beard was up big but gassed hard.

Beard also jumped out to a nice lead on Bulsak in a November/December freestyle match and gassed late but held on to win. If Beard's gas tank issues are now over then he should be one more guy who should/could beat Bulsak. 

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Beard also jumped out to a nice lead on Bulsak in a November/December freestyle match and gassed late but held on to win. If Beard's gas tank issues are now over then he should be one more guy who should/could beat Bulsak. 

I feel like I have heard this before...

On 2/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, TripNSweep said:

I wonder where the people who said Echemendia was going to be a champ or finalist are. Same story, not even the best on his own team.

maybe they are on a different thread, don't think Ech wrestles 197 or do you have info that he is bumping up for the post season?  ;_;

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

maybe they are on a different thread, don't think Ech wrestles 197 or do you have info that he is bumping up for the post season?  ;_;

Just talking about the hype for the Cubans. People were saying Battista was going to be really good based on his freestyle results and so far the hype train has been derailed. 

1 hour ago, TripNSweep said:

Just talking about the hype for the Cubans. People were saying Battista was going to be really good based on his freestyle results and so far the hype train has been derailed. 

Yonger Bastida's folkstyle IQ is growing and he can already point out a thy pry from an arm's length away