moveurfeet32

Looks like Rutgers to send guys to Penn State for extra matches

Trying to help out their Conference neighbor to get them with enough bouts to have the guys that deserve to Qualify actually Qualify and Im sure Rutgers looking to pull some upsets and help their squad...Theres not a coach in America that doesn't want his guys to compete more then Goodale and RU  no matter what the projections

Rutgers, Penn State wrestling trying to schedule extra bouts with each other.

Edited by moveurfeet32

I wish they would do a dual. They got postponed. Not sure why they wouldn’t just dual. They could do a tri with Maryland since RU and PSU each have Maryland left on schedule.

That being said, some matches better than none!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

I wish they would do a dual. They got postponed. Not sure why they wouldn’t just dual. They could do a tri with Maryland since RU and PSU each have Maryland left on schedule.

That being said, some matches better than none!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgers doesn't want to get clobbered in a dual.

Still cool that they're doing this though.

51 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Rutgers doesn't want to get clobbered in a dual.

Still cool that they're doing this though.

Your probably correct, but I think there is a better reason not to dual.

You and I and everyone else weigh risk every time we leave the house.  In the current enviroment, measuring the cost versus benefit of risking exposure to covid against the need for additional competition is paramount.  It is extraordinarily relevant that these matches would occur in the window where a subsequent quarantine would keep you out of the Big 10s.

Since it seems to be Rutgers who is doing the solid here, I am sure the latitude to leave guys behind (especially anticipated NCAA point scorers) is appreciated.

6 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

You and I and everyone else weigh risk every time we leave the house.  In the current enviroment, measuring the cost versus benefit of risking exposure to covid against the need for additional competition is paramount.  It is extraordinarily relevant that these matches would occur in the window where a subsequent quarantine would keep you out of the Big 10s.

Since it seems to be Rutgers who is doing the solid here, I am sure the latitude to leave guys behind (especially anticipated NCAA point scorers) is appreciated.

Yesterday was the  last day you could test positive and compete at the Big 10 tournament. Rutgers doesn't want starters wrestling more matches then theyve to. Rutgers has a dual Friday against Maryland if any positives come from that the athlete would miss the Big 10 tournament

Edited by calot

6 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

Yeah the more I think about it my guess is the only starters Cael might want to get more matches anyway are Howard, Beard and whoever their 149 is going to be.  And Rutgers would have at least an outside chance to win all those matches, and other than the obvious covid concern, not much motivation to duck IMO since Aguilar is 0-4 and Van Brill is 1-3, and if Beard beats Hoffman he’d have a common opponent win on Janzer.

Honestly since both teams have already been paused, that likely means at least a few guys have already had it.  It’s possible they may just wrestle guys “not in the testing pool” to minimize risk.  

It could also just be a chance to get some of the backups (on both teams) matches too.

Edited by 1032004

Cost benefit analysis.... Why would you wrestle Maryland during a pandemic when you could have a good practice?  No disrespect to the Terp wrestlers but their program is waning.  Nothing to be be gained here for PSU and everything to lose.  Maryland shouldn't even be in the Big10 for wrestling.  They are not even good enough to compete in the ACC.  There would be a couple good matchups between Rutgers and PSU but for the most part I think Cael and the Nittany Lions want to be healthy for Big 10s and NCAA's. Forgo the dual or tri-meet.  My two cents.

28 minutes ago, The Downington Destroyer said:

Cost benefit analysis.... Why would you wrestle Maryland during a pandemic when you could have a good practice?  No disrespect to the Terp wrestlers but their program is waning.  Nothing to be be gained here for PSU and everything to lose.  Maryland shouldn't even be in the Big10 for wrestling.  They are not even good enough to compete in the ACC.  There would be a couple good matchups between Rutgers and PSU but for the most part I think Cael and the Nittany Lions want to be healthy for Big 10s and NCAA's. Forgo the dual or tri-meet.  My two cents.

Well they need matches for Howard especially, likely Beard and maybe whoever their 149 is.

27 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Dresser is already planning the Iowa open , it’s just gonna be his starters thrown into brackets with local high school kids and 40 yr old guys that still talk about their district titles from high school , 

Who does the seeding?

6 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Dresser is already planning the Iowa open , it’s just gonna be his starters thrown into brackets with local high school kids and 40 yr old guys that still talk about their district titles from high school , 

Why limit it to 40yr?  Sounds like age discrimination.  Is it an "Open" or not?  ;)

On 2/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, moveurfeet32 said:

Trying to help out their Conference neighbor to get them with enough bouts to have the guys that deserve to Qualify actually Qualify and Im sure Rutgers looking to pull some upsets and help their squad...Theres not a coach in America that doesn't want his guys to compete more then Goodale and RU  no matter what the projections

Rutgers, Penn State wrestling trying to schedule extra bouts with each other.

What’s your opinion on the cancellation at Maryland?