Sign in to follow this  
HoundedHawk

Are they going to allow some spectators at nationals, or not?

1 hour ago, HoundedHawk said:

Anyone heard anything?

It seems like a limited number would be allowed considering watching the national title game in football. 

Anyone with a sofa, a TV/tablet/smart phone and access to ESPN.  :) 

33 minutes ago, ionel said:

Anyone with a sofa, a TV/tablet/smart phone and access to ESPN.  :) 

I noticed that the daytime rounds are on ESPN U. Which means we will only see the mats they show on TV.Was hoping to have a link to every mat on ESPN +

There is a rumor floating around that the event may be moved to the Edward Jones Dome, that is where the Rams used to play for you NFL fans. 

I don't know if this is true or not, but if so it would greatly increase the seating capacity. Plus as many of you know, St. Louis no longer has a permanent tenant for that venue. 

Edited by smsu150

1 hour ago, calot said:

I noticed that the daytime rounds are on ESPN U. Which means we will only see the mats they show on TV.Was hoping to have a link to every mat on ESPN +

Is this true??? That would be disastrous. Will Track be doing live video? 

52 minutes ago, calot said:

I went to espn schedule today and that's what is listed. 

Hoping it's an error. I saw a couple weeks back that they were eliminating their extra broadcasters for the off mats, but was under the assumption there would still be video.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Hoping it's an error. I saw a couple weeks back that they were eliminating their extra broadcasters for the off mats, but was under the assumption there would still be video.

I was under that assumption as well that's why I checked. I know the guy who has produced NCAA for ESPN was recently laid off. ESPN is subbing the production out to another company

So, If they were to move it to EJD, They might allow family of the competitors, maybe 10 each. 3,300. So only about 75,000 empty seats, 

Even with 25-30,000 empty seats I think the way to go is half stadium, like Basketball often is (I could not find any photos of BBall there)

------

OK I have not seen NCAAs on TV since 2001, So what would we be talking. Half of the mats Thursday, Only the quarters Friday, Just the third place bouts Saturday 

The Blues are allowing 1400 fans right now, so I would guess there might be two "guests" per wrestler.  I doubt the average fan will be able to attend. 

Edited by fatlaz
Grammar

I actually put myself on the suite list almost 2 years ago and was contactes Friday that suites are for sure being sold and purchased mine Tuesday.

BFBC44FD-A2C9-4646-A22C-66B64C0E0A51.jpeg

Edited by J Trump
uploaded pic

18 hours ago, calot said:

they have always been on espnu, but if you use your cable subscription, you can watch all 8 mats on espn3.  That is what i have done the past 5-6 years

1 minute ago, unknown said:

they have always been on espnu, but if you use your cable subscription, you can watch all 8 mats on espn3.  That is what i have done the past 5-6 years

Agree. The issue is they're not listed like they used to be. And ESPN has subbed out the production. So I'm not sure if we will get every mat like in the last years. We may be stuck with how it was years ago where ESPN U picks what 4 mats to show on TV 

The NCAA just announced that they're allowing 25% of the venue's capacity for March Madness basketball next month  I would assume they'll probably do something similar for wrestling.

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

The NCAA just announced that they're allowing 25% of the venue's capacity for March Madness basketball next month  I would assume they'll probably do something similar for wrestling.

8 minutes ago, J Trump said:

I wonder if they take suites and family members into that 25% though.

For basketball they said they'd count participants, staff, and family members in that 25%.

19 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

For basketball they said they'd count participants, staff, and family members in that 25%.

As part of that announcement they said the women's tournament would allow 17% of capacity from the Sweet Sixteen to the Final Four. Prior rounds are limited to team guests, with no number mentioned in the story I read. They said that the decisions were made in conjunction with local officials. So, it would seem the above estimates for Blues games would probably be the best guess.

Heard thru the “rumor mill” of wrestling friends today that the NCAA will allow 3300 attendees for NCAA Wrestling Championships.

-  can anyone confirm or deny ?

-  if true, does the 3300 include wrestlers, staff, media, table workers, arena employees, etc.

After an “allotment” for wrestlers family members, likely no remaining openings for fans ?  

Any info would be appreciated.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, calot said:

Agree. The issue is they're not listed like they used to be. And ESPN has subbed out the production. So I'm not sure if we will get every mat like in the last years. We may be stuck with how it was years ago where ESPN U picks what 4 mats to show on TV 

They better not take away my mats. I’m on PTO Thursday and Friday so I can watch every minute. I upgraded my multi screen set up too. 

ESPN better deliver.