IronChef

Penn State at Ohio State

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yes. So the big news was that they were going to break precedence and broadcast their own content. That is not a good thing actually. As they pointed out, if there is something good going on on another mat they will switch to it. Of course, this means that you won't get all mats like you would on a stream and they will control which mats you get.

Who says it won't also be streamed?

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think this is the biggest challenge for them this year. You can clearly see the potential in guys like Howard, Bartlett, Lee, Starocci, etc..., but whether they'll be able iron things out by nationals is a big question. Starocci is the one who I think still has a chance to contend, but he has to figure out a way to score. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

With Kerklevit, PSU could beat Iowa

With Kerklevit, PSU could beat Iowa

I’m as big of a PSU homer as you’ll find, but this year is probably out of reach.

Next year, though?

If Lee comes back, they go:

Howard/Steen
RBY
Lee/BB/SVN
Lee/BB/SVN/the Claw
Berge
Lee/Facundo
Starocci
Brooks
Beard
Kerkvliet

That’s a team with 10 AA potential. I’d guess either BB or SVN takes a RS next year. BB looks closer to being a 133 than he does a 149; I’d expect him to fill 141 for the next 4 years after Lee graduates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, but they'd need everything to go right. I think Iowa probably wins 8/10 times. They would have the ceiling to do it though.

In a dual, I’d have PSU winning 133, 141, 149, 184, 197 and HWT next year.

Starocci has better training partners at/near his weight; I’d say it’s 50/50 he beats Kemerer next year. Unless Eierman goes up to 149, SVN is beating Murin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don’t put to much stock into a freshman losing a close match early in a COVID season, honestly whose the last freshman to go undefeated? Imar maybe?  Idk why you act like I’m saying this seeding as a fan or out of bias , I’m just pointing out that the formula these use in normal years doesn’t put much into common opponents and in a shortened crazy season they may value quality wins over anything else , labs may get the 1 or 2 and I don’t think it would be a travesty but if they gave starocci the 2 I’d be ok with it ...and for the record i don’t care who would win a rematch with starocci and Washington I like watching both of them wrestle 

Just admit you are wrong,... you are making yourself look really dumb. Skipping or ignoring  losses, to jump your guy over a undefeated, with a common opponent win, returning AA guy, isnt how it works.

Edited by Coachp

41 minutes ago, Coachp said:

Just admit you are wrong,... you are making yourself look really dumb. Skipping or ignoring  losses, to jump your guy over a undefeated, with a common opponent win, returning AA guy, isnt how it works.

As obvious as it looks to me, @Antitroll2828 has a point in it being a weird, stupid year.

While I do believe he is wrong here, in regards to Labs/Kemererererr not being the 1/2, I expect some odd seedings to take place.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Massa 3, since he has the pinfall victory in the Washington-Starocci-Massa round robin.

13 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

this would be true if tOSU coached up their kids but they don't. They all have big holes in their style, they just recruit amazingly. They should put in the best guy.

Dude you've been singing this tune for years and that still doesn't make it true.  tOSU has had some top recruits that didn't pan out just like a lot of other schools.  They also had 4x NCAA champ/world champ and a 3 times/champ Olympic Champ, a bunch of other champs and AA,  won a team title, and finished in top 2-3 a bunch of times.  Obviously a sign of poor coaching and an inability to develop talent.  The 2x NCAA champ and the world/Olympic medalist on their staff know nothing about teaching technique or developing talent.  BTW Heinselman, Ethan Smith, and Kaleb Romero are examples on this years squad of guys who have shown significant development.   

He's not undersized.

If you took every 141 in the Big Ten and told them they didn't have to make 141 anymore, they would all show up close to 149. Bartlett at 148.6 is not an indication he is a full size 149. It just means that by rule he can't go back to 141 this year. The fact that he made 141 multiple times is all the evidence necessary to know he's small for 149. On top of that, you can add the obvious size difference between Sasso and Bartlett.

14 hours ago, Le duke said:

In a dual, I’d have PSU winning 133, 141, 149, 184, 197 and HWT next year.

Starocci has better training partners at/near his weight; I’d say it’s 50/50 he beats Kemerer next year. Unless Eierman goes up to 149, SVN is beating Murin.

I was talking about this year. I don't disagree about next year, though I wouldn't jump the gun on SVN yet. We haven't seen him wrestle a ton the last 2 years and he's only listed at 138 right now anyway. I think the better lineup is 141 Bartlett 149 Lee.

14 hours ago, Welcome1 said:

He's not undersized.

Are you new to this sport? If Bartlett wasn't walking around in the low 150's, he would be a small 141. There's a reason he started at that weight class. He wasn't making a herculean cut to 141 to sit behind Nick Lee with an open spot at 149. He's a 141 bumping up now.

I was talking about this year. I don't disagree about next year, though I wouldn't jump the gun on SVN yet. We haven't seen him wrestle a ton the last 2 years and he's only listed at 138 right now anyway. I think the better lineup is 141 Bartlett 149 Lee.

SVN is already in the NLWC room. Living in State College.

If he starts next year, he’s going to be a tough customer. Projected at 149/157, FWIW.

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

SVN is already in the NLWC room. Living in State College.

If he starts next year, he’s going to be a tough customer. Projected at 149/157, FWIW.

Yes and people said the same thing about Michael Beard and Joe Lee. 3 years in and neither are at the level of Max Murin as things stand currently. SVN as my favorite prospect in this class, but that doesn't mean I'm going to crown him right away.

18 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don’t put to much stock into a freshman losing a close match early in a COVID season, honestly whose the last freshman to go undefeated? Imar maybe?  Idk why you act like I’m saying this seeding as a fan or out of bias , I’m just pointing out that the formula these use in normal years doesn’t put much into common opponents and in a shortened crazy season they may value quality wins over anything else , labs may get the 1 or 2 and I don’t think it would be a travesty but if they gave starocci the 2 I’d be ok with it ...and for the record i don’t care who would win a rematch with starocci and Washington I like watching both of them wrestle 

Griffith went undefeated last year as a freshmen