TheMetronome

Spencer Lee

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Genetics, PA upbringing helped hone his natural skills

Yeah thats funny, or maybe he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on the move out to Iowa.  ;_;

Edited by ionel

5 minutes ago, IronChef said:

This is false, but it doesn't take anything away from how good he is. I think he's the second best guy in college now.

"The word BUT negates or cancels everything that goes before it."

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+using+word+but&oq=when+using+word+but&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30j0i390l2.11409j0j7&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Its easy to get stuck on how good he is on top, but the amazing thing is that he just as good on his feet. Shot volume, short offence, feet to back...he's great at everything. 

Its like when people ask who the best baseball player was and you point out that Babe Ruth is at the top of the list even if you ignore the fact that he was one of the best pitchers ever before he got traded to the yankees.

It is mind boggling that people somehow "down play" what Lee is accomplishing this year by even commenting on the competitiveness of 125 this year.  He is still pinning and tech'ing all D1 COLLEGE WRESTLERS!!!  He IS as good as it gets.  If you don't like him, then just say that.  Or you don't like Iowa or any of it's wrestlers, than just say that...but please save yourself the embarrassment by trying to portray that he isn't as dominating or good as he really is.

13 hours ago, TheMetronome said:

Is it physiology, genetics, coaching, focus, other? What is it about Spencer Lee that makes him so dominate?

I'd say having parents who are expert grapplers, though Judoka, doesn't hurt matters. Parental support in sports is critical, we might never have heard of the kid if his parents hadn't let him wrestle. That, plus great technique which he's acquired over the years, plus natural strength/athleticism. He's the full package. 

Oh, it's "dominant", not "dominate". See it all the time :D 

Edited by TobusRex

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its easy to get stuck on how good he is on top, but the amazing thing is that he just as good on his feet. Shot volume, short offence, feet to back...he's great at everything. 

Its like when people ask who the best baseball player was and you point out that Babe Ruth is at the top of the list even if you ignore the fact that he was one of the best pitchers ever before he got traded to the yankees.

He was not one of the best pitchers ever.  He was good.