Jimmy Cinnabon

Kerkvliet is wrestling

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Iowa still wins by 30+, imo.  But adding Kerk improves PSU score at heavyweight a good 10-12 points

It’s also another guy that will beat Cassioppi. He could very well now have 3 guys who can beat him, and his ceiling at conferences is 4th. He will get a terrible seed in a normal year with a record like he will have, and then add to that Schultz and a couple others who will be undefeated. 

He will be lucky to be seeded top 10. He is goin to hit a hammer in r2/r3 of ncaas. 

This hurts Iowa a lot imo

Just now, Housebuye said:

It’s also another guy that will beat Cassioppi. He could very well now have 3 guys who can beat him, and his ceiling at conferences is 4th. He will get a terrible seed in a normal year with a record like he will have, and then add to that Schultz and a couple others who will be undefeated. 

He will be lucky to be seeded top 10. He is goin to hit a hammer in r2/r3 of ncaas. 

I wouldn't write off Cass.  Cass probably has 50-55 pounds on Kerk.  Kerk is the slimmest HWT I've ever seen.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I wouldn't write off Cass.  Cass probably has 50-55 pounds on Kerk.  Kerk is the slimmest HWT I've ever seen.

I think you are not taking into account Kerk’s height.  He is a large dude.

Edited by Class

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Assuming he gets 4th at B10’s, I still don’t see him seeded lower than 7th, and more likely 6th (behind only Schultz and Stencel or Laird).  Don’t see him being seeded behind someone like Gremmel.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Just pinned MD's heavyweight in the first period.  He looks like he weighs about 215 pounds.  Guess Seth is going back to the bench.

230 at weigh in. Anthony Cassar weighed 228 when he won the National Championship.

3 hours ago, Welcome1 said:

230 at weigh in. Anthony Cassar weighed 228 when he won the National Championship.

There have been many Heavyweight NCAA champions that tipped the scales at less than 235 lbs..  If you can move the way Kirk does at heavyweight you can spot spot guys 40 to 50 pounds and still win.  After 225 lb. Kyle Snyder did it 3 xs in a row you would think people would realize wrestling skill means a lot more than size. 

Complete with classic Cael quote.  "He was cleared to compete, so he competed."  

I agree that, although Iowa remains a heavy, heavy favorite, this makes the team race interesting in a way that they it wasn't before, given the first place ceilings that PSU has at 133, 141, 174, 184, and 285. That would be filling the most inside of inside straights, but it is legitimately within the abilities of each of those wrestlers.

5 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Highly ranked Nevills brothers go the PSU to finish their careers on the bench.

I still don't know how this is getting Carl'd?  Did I miss something?  Does Cael have something against the Nevill family where he purposely benches them and wrestlers a guy who they are beating in the room?

Nick Nevills was behind national champion Anthony Cassar.  Are you implying Cael did something wrong in starting Anthony Cassar?  Are you implying Nick Nevills deserved to start over Anthony Cassar?