Plasmodium

Does Iowa recruit Iowa?

25 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Dude, I never mentioned your kids. Jesus. 

I also specifically asked if you had done any sports that way not just wrestling. Which was inviting you to share your experience if you had any. You gave thorough answers right away for once.. so I left it at.. the crux of most of our disagreements has to do with you obviously caring more about little kid results than I do. Which okie dokie. Short sighted in my opinion but I was going to leave it at that. 

I’ve stayed quite civil and you have thrown bile, invective and whatever your pseudo-intellectual “shtick” is. And also brought up crap that was never once mentioned once in the corse of this discussion.  Keep it classy

You poor thing... having to listen to a response based on your past history and current passive aggressiveness...

you need a tissue?

you have a shtick... you never deviate from it... ever...

if it’s a problem for you having discourse with me then I recommend you kick your can on down the road or at the very least, refrain from asking me questions...

eitger way, it makes no difference to me... you are amusing in your own special way...

BBS!!!!

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

You poor thing... having to listen to a response based on your past history and current passive aggressiveness...

you need a tissue?

you have a shtick... you never deviate from it... ever...

if it’s a problem for you having discourse with me then I recommend you kick your can on down the road or at the very least, refrain from asking me questions...

eitger way, it makes no difference to me... you are amusing in your own special way...

BBS!!!!

Not being really passive aggressive when I asked for clear information that included things outside of wrestling.  Though based off your post history.. if you getting triggered and throwing invective is what will get you to give straight answers.. it might be worth it... though you needing to do that to give straight answers is completely unnecessary 

Like I said.. if you want to care about little kid, eh “youth” results and numbers more than hs and above.. you do you. I left it at that.. 

“Calling me out” and bringing up old irrelevant crap in response to me saying that makes you look like you got triggered and are the immature one with poor temper control. 

8 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Not being really passive aggressive when I asked for clear information that included things outside of wrestling.  Though based off your post history.. if you getting triggered and throwing invective is what will get you to give straight answers.. it might be worth it... though you needing to do that to give straight answers is completely unnecessary 

Like I said.. if you want to care about little kid, eh “youth” results and numbers more than hs and above.. you do you. I left it at that.. 

“Calling me out” and bringing up old irrelevant crap in response to me saying that makes you look like you got triggered and are the immature one with poor temper control. 

How many times do I have to say I could not possibly care less about any youth result For you to get it through your head?

I’ve said it multiple times publicly do you… Privately to you… And yet you still continue to say the same silly thing over and over again…

So... why exactly do you continue to try and color outside the lines?

seems awfully silly, yes?

BBS!!!!

I'd imagine any high end D1-worthy Iowa boys would get attention from the Hawkeyes. I can't imagine it's a big state to recruit, it's got an even smaller population than Oklahoma. I'm sure Iowa punches well above it's weight though, compared to other states (same as Oklahoma). 

1 minute ago, LJB said:

How many times do I have to say I could not possibly care less about any youth result For you to get it through your head?

I’ve said it multiple times publicly do you… Privately to you… And yet you still continue to say the same silly thing over and over again…

So... why exactly do you continue to try and color outside the lines?

seems awfully silly, yes?

BBS!!!!

Weren’t you the one that freaked out on me because I said Daton Fix wrestling regular high school and the occasional elite cadet level wrestlers.. was not the same as wrestling on the senior level in terms of being able to cut weight and wrestle well?

You also seem to keep assuming things about me because of my big picture opinion of wrestling. 
 You’re also the one who escalated this conversation. Are you okay dude?

12 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Weren’t you the one that freaked out on me because I said Daton Fix wrestling regular high school and the occasional elite cadet level wrestlers.. was not the same as wrestling on the senior level in terms of being able to cut weight and wrestle well?

You also seem to keep assuming things about me because of my big picture opinion of wrestling. 
 You’re also the one who escalated this conversation. Are you okay dude?

So, you are not going to answer the question...

gotcha...

again... I can never question your consistency...

as far as “freaking out on you”...

that is laughable, but, it fits your personality type like a glove...

I have all the tissues you need... I can ship if necessary... just let me know...

BBS!!!!

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

So, you are not going to answer the question...

gotcha...

again... I can never question your consistency...

as far as “freaking out on you”...

that is laughable, but, it fits your personality type like a glove...

I have all the tissues you need... I can ship if necessary... just let me know...

BBS!!!!

fine lol instead of “freaking out” Let’s call them invective laced rants that “call out” supposed passive aggressiveness that isn’t there.

My opinion of what you care about is based off the responses you give and your apparent desire to keep wrestling a niche sport. Including things like comparing a hs kid cut weight against mostly inferior competition was equivalent to cutting weight and wrestling on senior level.

As well as the fact that you seem to take things like me suggesting that better use of training time and not having 8 year olds competing hundreds of times a year could be used to both reduce both burnout and actually have more wrestlers actually make it to high school much less college/senior level.. as me “making up” things like over competing or burn out.. despite what many of the actual wrestlers themselves have actually said... or hell even what people like Kolat from such training environments who didn’t burn out say about it.. 

Also, given your seemingly whole hearted support for a system that prioritizes little kids competing a bunch over producing more quality adult wrestlers...

All those things put together.. yeah it comes across as you care more about little kid results than older age ones.. which fine. I consider it short sighted. But eh you can wallow in your self importance. 

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

fine lol instead of “freaking out” Let’s call them invective laced rants that “call out” supposed passive aggressiveness that isn’t there.

My opinion of what you care about is based off the responses you give and your apparent desire to keep wrestling a niche sport. Including things like comparing a hs kid cut weight against mostly inferior competition was equivalent to cutting weight and wrestling on senior level.

As well as the fact that you seem to take things like me suggesting that better use of training time and not having 8 year olds competing hundreds of times a year could be used to both reduce both burnout and actually have more wrestlers actually make it to high school much less college/senior level.. as me “making up” things like over competing or burn out.. despite what many of the actual wrestlers themselves have actually said... or hell even what people like Kolat from such training environments who didn’t burn out say about it.. 

Also, given your seemingly whole hearted support for a system that prioritizes little kids competing a bunch over producing more quality adult wrestlers...

All those things put together.. yeah it comes across as you care more about little kid results than older age ones.. which fine. I consider it short sighted. But eh you can wallow in your self importance. 

Again, it doesn’t matter what I say, you don’t care... your mind was made up long ago and you refuse to let anything else in...

that diatribe above does not reference anything I have ever said to you in public or private... purely assumptions on your part... and no matter what is said your assumptions do not budge...

i neither support nor disapprove of the youth culture in this country... I took advantage of it with no I’ll effects... as did most of the top wrestlers in this country...

and one more time... and I know you won’t pay attention, but, anyone can find anything they want to support whatever side of this debate they fall on...

it doesn’t matter how much you stomp your feet, there is no end all be all way to raise all wrestlers... it’s purely individual...

but, whatever... send me your addy... I’ve got that box of tissues for you... they are not super high end... middle of the road as far as comfort, but, I gave little doubt they won’t last long enough for you to be affected long term by them...

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

Again, it doesn’t matter what I say, you don’t care... your mind was made up long ago and you refuse to let anything else in...

that diatribe above does not reference anything I have ever said to you in public or private... purely assumptions on your part... and no matter what is said your assumptions do not budge...

i neither support nor disapprove of the youth culture in this country... I took advantage of it with no I’ll effects... as did most of the top wrestlers in this country...

and one more time... and I know you won’t pay attention, but, anyone can find anything they want to support whatever side of this debate they fall on...

it doesn’t matter how much you stomp your feet, there is no end all be all way to raise all wrestlers... it’s purely individual...

but, whatever... send me your addy... I’ve got that box of tissues for you... they are not super high end... middle of the road as far as comfort, but, I gave little doubt they won’t last long enough for you to be affected long term by them...

I actually don’t know what the BBS thing means lol. 

lol there’s your fallacy about me right there in a nut shell.. obviously not everyone will get to the same level.. how smart you must be to know that. The system could do a better job not running off talent at the minimum. The fact you don’t understand that is asinine at best. 

No addy.. just coffee and distraction from grading... 

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I actually don’t know what the BBS thing means lol. 

lol there’s your fallacy about me right there in a nut shell.. obviously not everyone will get to the same level.. how smart you must be to know that. The system could do a better job not running off talent at the minimum. The fact you don’t understand that is asinine at best. 

No addy.. just coffee and distraction from grading... 

I don’t have any fallacies concerning you... you are neither complicated nor sophisticated...

blaming the “system” is awfully typical... personal culpability is clearly not a concept you prescribe to...

but, whatever...

BBS!!!!

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

I don’t have any fallacies concerning you... you are neither complicated nor sophisticated...

blaming the “system” is awfully typical... personal culpability is clearly not a concept you prescribe to...

but, whatever...

BBS!!!!

Wow. What a flat out stupid thing to say.

If you’re implying that I’m blaming the “system” for my own personal successes or failures in wrestling.. you are quite obtuse. I actually was very lucky and had high level coaching from 5th grade through college.. I was put in the position to succeed.. how I did was entirely on me. I also achieved most of it because of my work ethic in addition to having the coaches I did.

Same with my coaching.. If a result I don’t like or something else happens.. whether or not it’s directly my fault... it’s falls on me, as the one in charge. Leadership after all is about the responsibilities that come with it.. not just the vacation perks.

Most of my opinions are based on actually looking at the sport as a whole and not just how it’ll benefit me... and the fact that it seems like many coaches are becoming lazy and entitled and using excuses like “the generation” or “they weren’t super tough day 1”. But hey.. people have been getting awfully selective about what exactly they take personal responsibility for and what say are and aren’t excuses. So I shouldn’t be surprised it’s creeped into wrestling.

That is truly the first genuinely stupid thing I’ve seen you say. 

22 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Wow. What a flat out stupid thing to say.

If you’re implying that I’m blaming the “system” for my own personal successes or failures in wrestling.. you are quite obtuse. I actually was very lucky and had high level coaching from 5th grade through college.. I was put in the position to succeed.. how I did was entirely on me. I also achieved most of it because of my work ethic in addition to having the coaches I did.

Same with my coaching.. If a result I don’t like or something else happens.. whether or not it’s directly my fault... it’s falls on me, as the one in charge. Leadership after all is about the responsibilities that come with it.. not just the vacation perks.

Most of my opinions are based on actually looking at the sport as a whole and not just how it’ll benefit me... and the fact that it seems like many coaches are becoming lazy and entitled and using excuses like “the generation” or “they weren’t super tough day 1”. But hey.. people have been getting awfully selective about what exactly they take personal responsibility for and what say are and aren’t excuses. So I shouldn’t be surprised it’s creeped into wrestling.

That is truly the first genuinely stupid thing I’ve seen you say. 

I’m not implying anything about your own personal successes or failures in wrestling... just your overall personality... the fact you take it as that is yet another indication of who you really are as a person...

Do you think I’m surprised even a little by this?

less than any...

perhaps when you get a few mores years of life experience you will be able to move past your ego issues...

or not... whatever...

BBS!!!!

27 minutes ago, LJB said:

I’m not implying anything about your own personal successes or failures in wrestling... just your overall personality... the fact you take it as that is yet another indication of who you really are as a person...

Do you think I’m surprised even a little by this?

less than any...

perhaps when you get a few mores years of life experience you will be able to move past your ego issues...

or not... whatever...

BBS!!!!

If you’re actually who I think you are.. this is especially amusing.

10 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I'd imagine any high end D1-worthy Iowa boys would get attention from the Hawkeyes. I can't imagine it's a big state to recruit, it's got an even smaller population than Oklahoma. I'm sure Iowa punches well above it's weight though, compared to other states (same as Oklahoma). 

When Brands won his first 3, the state of Iowa was very strong and there were plenty of in state guys in the line-up. Iowa and Iowa St. Benefited greatly from it. However, there is a pretty close correlation between the slight and massive fall of Iowa and Iowa St respectively, and the number of elite nationally ranked guys coming out of Iowa. 

I have talked about this at lenth under my old name on here. More or less my hypotheses is that the rise of elite clubs lead to a complete abandonment of grassroots team development which was such a big thing in Iowa. The lasting effects are a diluted talent pool, and imo, it will never quite be the same.

33 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

When Brands won his first 3, the state of Iowa was very strong and there were plenty of in state guys in the line-up. Iowa and Iowa St. Benefited greatly from it. However, there is a pretty close correlation between the slight and massive fall of Iowa and Iowa St respectively, and the number of elite nationally ranked guys coming out of Iowa. 

I have talked about this at lenth under my old name on here. More or less my hypotheses is that the rise of elite clubs lead to a complete abandonment of grassroots team development which was such a big thing in Iowa. The lasting effects are a diluted talent pool, and imo, it will never quite be the same.

I really think many see disparity and increasing amounts of 3-4 time champs as “dominance” rather than the lack of competitive depth it really is. 

So to be clear. You think Iowa going towards the club only system hurt it’s ability to produce elite level wrestlers on a “consistent” basis?

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I really think many see disparity and increasing amounts of 3-4 time champs as “dominance” rather than the lack of competitive depth it really is. 

So to be clear. You think Iowa going towards the club only system hurt it’s ability to produce elite level wrestlers on a “consistent” basis?

Yes. Small town teams(class 1A and 2A to an extent) have completely gone to ****. This didnt used to be the case. Morningstar, Leclere, Reiter bros, etc. all came from those small town teams that had killer lil kids clubs back in the day. Really all 3 classes used to be about the same. Instead anyone who is good goes to a club. Instate competition is down and the lack of depth has allowed more 4 timers, especially in 1A and 2A, who aren't quite as impressive as they would have had to be 10-15 years ago.

Brain drain and the shrinking of farming communities plays a part too Im sure.

2 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Yes. Small town teams(class 1A and 2A to an extent) have completely gone to ****. This didnt used to be the case. Morningstar, Leclere, Reiter bros, etc. all came from those small town teams that had killer lil kids clubs back in the day. Really all 3 classes used to be about the same. Instead anyone who is good goes to a club. Instate competition is down and the lack of depth has allowed more 4 timers, especially in 1A and 2A, who aren't quite as impressive as they would have had to be 10-15 years ago.

Brain drain and the shrinking of farming communities plays a part too Im sure.

It’s a nationwide trend. Unfortunately.