bnwtwg

Matteo Pelicone

A couple weeks out and UWW released the list of entrants so far which can be seen here. 

Sunkist Kids is sending most of their team and I don't see Micic. I know he's technically CKWC but his absence makes me wonder if he is going to give NCAAs the old college try after all.

Good matchups at most weights and a good US contingent of US with a mix of current team members and young guys looking to make their mark.

65 - Bajrang and Ehsanpoor could be a preview of the Olympic gold medal match. McKenna will look to turn heads.

74 - JB, Chamizo and Kaisonov are all nails. Plus maybe we can see a Gomez/Burroughs fist fight!

19 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Interesting as his USAW card is still under interim suspension.

Not trying to stir the pot but I saw Mineo tweeted about Pat Downey giving usawrestling an ultimatum to let him compete or he would start airing out some dirty laundry.....No clue about any truth behind this though...

19 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

A couple weeks out and UWW released the list of entrants so far which can be seen here. 

Sunkist Kids is sending most of their team and I don't see Micic. I know he's technically CKWC but his absence makes me wonder if he is going to give NCAAs the old college try after all.

Good matchups at most weights and a good US contingent of US with a mix of current team members and young guys looking to make their mark.

65 - Bajrang and Ehsanpoor could be a preview of the Olympic gold medal match. McKenna will look to turn heads.

74 - JB, Chamizo and Kaisonov are all nails. Plus maybe we can see a Gomez/Burroughs fist fight!

I hadn't read the entrants cause I thought you hit on everyone of note but sheesh!!! 
just looking at 65 and 75
65 also has both Tobier and Niyazbekhov
74 has  Eryilmaz, Gor, Kaipanov, 
Eryilmaz is so tough... I'm excited for this tourney 

97kg also looking sweaty! Yep I'm in

42 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I hadn't read the entrants cause I thought you hit on everyone of note but sheesh!!! 
just looking at 65 and 75
65 also has both Tobier and Niyazbekhov
74 has  Eryilmaz, Gor, Kaipanov, 
Eryilmaz is so tough... I'm excited for this tourney 

97kg also looking sweaty! Yep I'm in

There will be a good showing in the quarters and semis at most weights. Some of the entrants are getting pretty long in the tooth but they are always good for a slick highlight at least once a tourney to show the up-and-comers that seniors is a different ballgame.

6 hours ago, Gantry said:

Looks like we're finally seeing Colon at 57, has he been there before since announcing?

Yeah the Matteo Pelicone last year.  I believe en route to a second place finish he beat Micic rather soundly.

7 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Graff's going down to 57 for the Trials, right?

Actually there has been nothing confirming or denying this from him.

The only thing he has said was he is considering Greco 60kg because it's closer to 61kg.

We can take that however we wish.  We're seeing with Garrett right now how 65kg is a better option to 57kg for him.  I think we've all just gotten used to the 61kg guys going down to 57 that we never truly respect that the 8.8lbs is just too much for them to make for some of them that are on the last half of their Senior circuit careers.

in the scenario for Graff I read it as 57 is too far, too low and 65 is too far, too high.  I would prefer him to go 65 in that scenario then than 57.  I know Graff was #3 on our ladder for 57kg back in 2016, but he was on the other side of 30 then.