bnwtwg

Matteo Pelicone

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Well at least we won’t have to hear from Blue Dragons for a while!

Bet.

I expect some form of excuse from Mr. Clowney.

@Blue Dragons

I do hope your boy is healthy.  He did come to scrap.  What's with the default?  I expect the best form possible next month from him.

That was the match I was hoping for from Zahid, really think he causes issues for Taylor.

Chamizo/JB was a predictable 1 point affair. Like was said early, Chamizo makes people look less athletic. Not too much to read into, he came forward the entire time. Anyone who knows how Frank wrestles ....it's 90% defense until he needs his own offense and when he needs to explode he does and then right back to defense.

The dude may have close matches when he has no business doing so, but once he has the lead he's more content scoring off your offense, than he is at wasting energy attempting his and giving you your own opportunities... Match IQ I think we call it

There was a lotta hype over a certain wrassler’s potential to do some Wrasslin at this here tooorn-ah-ment. 

I tell you what I is a curious to sees whats the excuse type things are for it

38 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

That was the match I was hoping for from Zahid, really think he causes issues for Taylor.

Chamizo/JB was a predictable 1 point affair. Like was said early, Chamizo makes people look less athletic. Not too much to read into, he came forward the entire time. Anyone who knows how Frank wrestles ....it's 90% defense until he needs his own offense and when he needs to explode he does and then right back to defense.

The dude may have close matches when he has no business doing so, but once he has the lead he's more content scoring off your offense, than he is at wasting energy attempting his and giving you your own opportunities... Match IQ I think we call it

Burroughs looked like he hadn't slept in three days.  He'd better bring more than that to the OTT against Dake.

2 hours ago, nom said:

just seemed like Jordan lacked some pep.  A bit out of sorts.  Anyone else notice.  My homerism trying to see something that wasn't there?

I agree. JB looked a bit bored.

let's see...
JB looked bored...
JB looked sleepy...
JB looked like the weight cut is too much...
JB got jobbed by the refs...
did i miss any other excuses?

It was like a home match for Italy's Chazmio. Oh wait........

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Bet.

I expect some form of excuse from Mr. Clowney.

@Blue Dragons

I do hope your boy is healthy.  He did come to scrap.  What's with the default?  I expect the best form possible next month from him.

I doubt you’ll get one... there’s nothing to say. I’m guessing he’ll take the other route and go back in his cave til right right before OTT. 

1 hour ago, LJB said:

let's see...

JB looked bored...

JB looked sleepy...

Only one of these (the refs) is an excuse. The others are on him.

Edited by NJDan

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Only one of these (the refs) is an excuse. The others are on him.

Even that one is on his corner for not challenging the one questionable call. The shot clock was legit; he was getting pushed all over the mat and backing up while taking half swipes at legs.

6 hours ago, LJB said:

let's see...

JB looked bored...

JB looked sleepy...

JB was more Jeb Bush than Jordan Burroughs.

chamizo just has no fear of his shot anymore... never bit on the fakes... never out of position... walked him down...
dake was licking his chops watching that...

Chamizo doesn't fear anyone's shots.
But that's just Chamizo 101.
It's not like going in Chamizo just decided "JB has lost a step I'm going to wrestle this certain way"
I still think Dake's lone path to victory is that chest wrap and I just don't see it happening.

But not too much longer and one group of fans gets to say "told ya so"

14 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Chamizo doesn't fear anyone's shots.
But that's just Chamizo 101.
It's not like going in Chamizo just decided "JB has lost a step I'm going to wrestle this certain way"
I still think Dake's lone path to victory is that chest wrap and I just don't see it happening.

But not too much longer and one group of fans gets to say "told ya so"

it felt a little different watching them wrestle this time... that could be recency bias...

i thought dake would win the spot last year... i've seen nothing to make me think any differently...

it felt a little different watching them wrestle this time... that could be recency bias...
i thought dake would win the spot last year... i've seen nothing to make me think any differently...
Yeah I get where you're coming from.
I think Chamizo's overall "game" just makes shooting a very risky proposition but when he needs to score he can go out and get a quick TD like it's nothing.

Dake only makes you worry about that chest wrap (in my opinion) and doesnt threaten with much else, I think he's positionally sound enough to get a push out or 2 if need be but against JB it feels like if he's not chest wrapping he isn't winning and im sure the JB camp knows it.

I just think JB wins. And yes I know wrestlers from other countries are fully aware of Dake's offense but still get caught up in it but.... I got faith that JB is elite and it's hard not to take him in a takedown war

Maybe JB just had a case of the sads because Manning and Snyder were at BJC in University Park and not east of Sardinia with him.

Things will be different in TX and Tokyo when his boys are cornering him!