bnwtwg

Matteo Pelicone

22 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

We'll take the grizzled and ornery, but the impoliteness is merely fighting fire with fire, and you're confusing confident and cocky with egotistical.  But, other than that, you're pretty much spot on. Thank you. 

Is your son wrestling in the Matteo Pellicone this year?

21 minutes ago, nom said:

Ahahaha.  The term fits you exceptionally well.  You, conceited?  Nah ... can’t be.

The only people that think I’m egotistical and conceited are weak willed...

but there enough of you out there that i have to hear it more than is applicable...

It doesn’t bother me at all…

On 3/2/2021 at 5:31 PM, nom said:

Ahahaha.  The term fits you exceptionally well.  You, conceited?  Nah ... can’t be.

Don't confuse backing up achievements when forced to prove haters wrong with being conceited.  But, like LJB said, thanks for playing. 

Edited by Blue Dragons

On 2/24/2021 at 8:46 AM, JBluegill133 said:

Not trying to stir the pot but I saw Mineo tweeted about Pat Downey giving usawrestling an ultimatum to let him compete or he would start airing out some dirty laundry.....No clue about any truth behind this though...

It’s true, PD3 tweeted it himself...

What I don't understand is why people pay attention to this guy. His best finish at NCAAs was 5th, he only made a world team by default and got smoked by a guy who lost to the rep from a country the size of a small city. He's a trash person, his dad obviously enables it and he's never faced any serious consequences for behaving like an idiot. I don't think being expelled from college repeatedly is a big deal when you have others willing to overlook how awful a human being you are because you might be able to score some points at nationals. 

The sooner this guy disassociates himself from wrestling, the better.

Coon-Schultz was 4-4 with Coon upnon criteria after the first.

Coon wins 10-5.

Coon then loses to a Russian next round.  I do think he'll get pulled back in.

Watching the match and Coon's size seems to be the only problem Schultz has.  It wore him down.

Coon-Schultz was 4-4 with Coon upnon criteria after the first.
Coon wins 10-5.
Coon then loses to a Russian next round.  I do think he'll get pulled back in.
Watching the match and Coon's size seems to be the only problem Schultz has.  It wore him down.
Any decent throws?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

Any decent throws?

I didn't see the Coon-Russian match.  They had the wrong mat listed and I missed it.  Watched four matches thinking it was the next one before I realized.

I didn't see the Coon-Russian match.  They had the wrong mat listed and I missed it.  Watched four matches thinking it was the next one before I realized.
I was referring to the coon vs schultz scorefest, at least for greco.

20 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

What I don't understand is why people pay attention to this guy. His best finish at NCAAs was 5th, he only made a world team by default and got smoked by a guy who lost to the rep from a country the size of a small city. He's a trash person, his dad obviously enables it and he's never faced any serious consequences for behaving like an idiot. I don't think being expelled from college repeatedly is a big deal when you have others willing to overlook how awful a human being you are because you might be able to score some points at nationals. 

The sooner this guy disassociates himself from wrestling, the better.

You might want to rethink that,  Einstein.  He's done beaten 4-5 NCAA Champs, a few runner-ups, and multiple AAs. He wrestled 1x at NCAAs at 197 while weighing 184 and only had a few matches under his belt due to an injury, but still managed to place 5th.  WTF did you ever do?  Enjoy the crow.

155970126_426023768503659_8349762510768599780_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=5omGu3AsghUAX_BTKG_&oh=b5b1656982f77597cc5db7ab2c3de66b&oe=606A9FCC&ig_cache_key=MjUyMDgzNzQ3ODEwOTMwMjkyMw%3D%3D.2

Edited by Blue Dragons

Well. I have no idea if they beat anyone or actually wrestled well. But Greco is wrestling for 3 medals last time I checked. Which is nice.

I need to catch up on Greco.. my hs coach and mentor would be ashamed of me.. 

and what the hell did PD2 in this thread already?

For the love of god. Isn’t ‘merica supposed to be the cardio grinders? 2/3 matches jumped to early leads then just got ground down and outwrestled more and more as matches went on. Raoul just waxed by the Russian.

and could one American in freestyle or Greco do a gut wrench that isn’t a high gut or with their lock in the f’ing center of the chest??

We suck at elbow to elbow guts and I dont recall seeing anyone try a deepwaist break their rib gut in a minute..

48 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You might want to rethink that,  Einstein.  He's done beaten 4-5 NCAA Champs, a few runner-ups, and multiple AAs. He wrestled 1x at NCAAs at 197 while weighing 184 and only had a few matches under his belt due to an injury, but still managed to place 5th.  WTF did you ever do?  Enjoy the crow.

155970126_426023768503659_8349762510768599780_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=5omGu3AsghUAX_BTKG_&oh=b5b1656982f77597cc5db7ab2c3de66b&oe=606A9FCC&ig_cache_key=MjUyMDgzNzQ3ODEwOTMwMjkyMw%3D%3D.2

Lots of guys with similar credentials who people don't start threads about. Also they aren't trashy enough to post a sex video of themselves on Instagram or threaten to beat up women. Classy son you have there. Obviously the nut didn't fall too far from the tree.

13 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Lots of guys with similar credentials who people don't start threads about. Also they aren't trashy enough to post a sex video of themselves on Instagram or threaten to beat up women. Classy son you have there. Obviously the nut didn't fall too far from the tree.

You're out to lunch. The women wrestlers love him and he loves them right back.  He's done more to bring attention to their cause than anyone else.  You need to learn to recognize when something is said in jest, snowflake.  Bet hey, you can't deny those accolades. Man, beating 4-5 NCAA champs, that's got to be tough for you to swallow; huh?

Edited by Blue Dragons

12 minutes ago, jp157 said:

and could one American in freestyle or Greco do a gut wrench that isn’t a high gut or with their lock in the f’ing center of the chest??

We suck at elbow to elbow guts and I dont recall seeing anyone try a deepwaist break their rib gut in a minute..

i only got a chance to watch a couple of the greco matches today... hafisov and jones...

but...

iv'e been complaining of this for years... collectively, we suk as a nation at par terre and specifically guts... it is one of the most annoying things for me... 

and do not get me started on senior level athletes that have no clue about par terre defense...

i have caught lots of heat on this bbs for expressing that in the past...

guts suk to practice... i can only assume that is the main reason we are horrible at them... and it is a piss poor excuse...

4s and turns is the difference between good and great... and guts are the best turn... they steal souls if done properly...

1 minute ago, Blue Dragons said:

You're out to lunch. The women wrestlers love him and he loves them right back.  He's done more to bring attention to their cause than anyone else.  You need to learn to recognize when something is said in jest, snowflake. 

everyone can bitch and moan about downey, but, this is exactly right...

his twitter tirade was the best thing for attention on women's free in forever...

it was done in poor taste and i would not recommend anyone going about it the way he did, but, he forced organizers to been way more inclusive...

46 minutes ago, jp157 said:

For the love of god. Isn’t ‘merica supposed to be the cardio grinders? 2/3 matches jumped to early leads then just got ground down and outwrestled more and more as matches went on. Raoul just waxed by the Russian.

We are the cardio gods at freestyle.  Greco is a different type of animal.  More patience and control is required to succeed.