bnwtwg

Matteo Pelicone

43 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You're out to lunch. The women wrestlers love him and he loves them right back.  He's done more to bring attention to their cause than anyone else.  You need to learn to recognize when something is said in jest, snowflake.  Bet hey, you can't deny those accolades. Man, beating 4-5 NCAA champs, that's got to be tough for you to swallow; huh?

Who are the NCAA champs that he's beaten?  

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i only got a chance to watch a couple of the greco matches today... hafisov and jones...

but...

iv'e been complaining of this for years... collectively, we suk as a nation at par terre and specifically guts... it is one of the most annoying things for me... 

and do not get me started on senior level athletes that have no clue about par terre defense...

i have caught lots of heat on this bbs for expressing that in the past...

guts suk to practice... i can only assume that is the main reason we are horrible at them... and it is a piss poor excuse...

4s and turns is the difference between good and great... and guts are the best turn... they steal souls if done properly...

My HS coaches were Greco guys. The head coach kinda was meh on laces for that reason. Also was big on laces are easier but a good gut will always work at every level.. Many memories of practices since middle school of knowing it was going to be one of those practices

”warm up partners ribs”

and it’s not them just being meh at par tare. It’s none look like they even know how to do a deep waist gut even when they do work. 

The locks are always misplaced or in center. It’s like watching a kid who was taught a wrist and half keep running it without a wrist. With the same kind of inconsistent or disastrous results 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

We are the cardio gods at freestyle.  Greco is a different type of animal.  More patience and control is required to succeed.

Either way whenever I watch a US Greco match the last few years. If we aren’t gob smacked we always seem to jump out to a lead then give it up

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Gabe Dean the year Bo took 1st and Dean 2nd at 184.

Has Pd3 beaten any other NCAA champs?  Or did Blue Dragons use the plural because PD3's 1 win over Dean counts double because of Dean's 2 NCAA titles?

Has Pd3 beaten any other NCAA champs?  Or did Blue Dragons use the plural because PD3's 1 win over Dean counts double because of Dean's 2 NCAA titles?
Yes.

Did you miss Martin's meltdown after leading 7/0 in Downey's epic comeback win?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Yes.

No, I remember that match but forgot that Myles won NCAA's his freshman year.  Thanks for pointing that out.

4 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

You're out to lunch. The women wrestlers love him and he loves them right back.  He's done more to bring attention to their cause than anyone else.  You need to learn to recognize when something is said in jest, snowflake.  Bet hey, you can't deny those accolades. Man, beating 4-5 NCAA champs, that's got to be tough for you to swallow; huh?

I wouldn't care if your son won an NCAA title for the college I graduated from. He's a trashy, classless person who obviously takes after his father. Fortunately he's not good enough to make a world or Olympic team for this country (try North Korea?) unless it's by default. Also with all the dodging of criminal complaints and arrest warrants, not to mention the hours spent posting on social media, where does he find the time to train? 

USA wrestling will benefit greatly once this cancerous mass of a person is disassociated from us. The sooner the better. It sounds like he's going to be done with wrestling after he loses at the Olympic trials so that can't come soon enough.

Edited by TripNSweep

8 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

I wouldn't care if your son won an NCAA title for the college I graduated from. He's a trashy, classless person who obviously takes after his father. Fortunately he's not good enough to make a world or Olympic team for this country (try North Korea?) unless it's by default. Also with all the dodging of criminal complaints and arrest warrants, not to mention the hours spent posting on social media, where does he find the time to train? 

USA wrestling will benefit greatly once this cancerous mass of a person is disassociated from us. The sooner the better. It sounds like he's going to be done with wrestling after he loses at the Olympic trials so that can't come soon enough.

Hey man. Maybe bashing someone’s kid to their father isn’t a good thing to do. What were you hoping to accomplish? 

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Hey man. Maybe bashing someone’s kid to their father isn’t a good thing to do. What were you hoping to accomplish? 

I’m not sure “bashing” anyone to this degree accomplishes much but don’t presume this is a healthy normal father-son relationship.

16 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

PD2 earned every bit of this.

Just now, Housebuye said:

Whether that’s true or not doesn’t negate the fact that doing this doesn’t accomplish anything positive. 

That is mostly true.

Wrestling will be better off without a toon of his character around, though.  I wish we could keep the good and his skills lined up with his marketability, but we're fixing to see just how much 86 was cleared out in 2019 for us.  Looking at who is qualified and who is likely to come out of NCAAs/Last Chance and I don't see a single match that I would pick peak performance Clowney in.

Once he realizes where he stands he'll fade off into irrelevance on the regional MMA circuits where we'll hear about him getting his teeth knocked out a few times.  The quicker we can let that negative attention focus being on something other than wrestling, the better.

Another case of someone focusing on the person that responds versus the person who starts it all.  I never understood that mentality...

The PD's deserve whatever they get because that is truly what they are looking for...the argument, the controversy, the back and forth, the "look at me" syndrome, etc.

16 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Gabe Dean the year Bo took 1st and Dean 2nd at 184.

Let's not forget Martin, Wright, and Foster. And then there are the many finalists and All Americans that he's waxed.  But you just keep on hating, wannabe. 

15 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I'll repeat it for you, Martin, Wright, and Foster. So, if you can add, that's four NCAA Champs, plus countless runner-ups and AAs. You're welcome. 

14 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Yes.

That was no meltdown.  Downey was playing Black Jack and drinking a Budweiser five minutes before his match with Martin.  It just took him a little while to get warmed-up. LOL