VakAttack

Flo ranking Fix 3rd in the Hodge rankings after missing most of the season for a PED suspension

Yeah.  It's trashy that they'd even consider him.  I'm of the mind that he shouldn't be eligible for the Hodge at all, ever.  Period.  One of the stipulations and criteria is sportsmanship/citizenship.  While I am all for him proving he is legit without the PEDs, the fact is that he did piss hot and served a suspension for one calendar year, which would have suspended him for NCAAs had he competed last year and NCAAs been held as well as 90% of this season.

It doesn't matter what anybody else's record is or stats.  The ledger shows that Fix pissed hot.

Like it or hate it, it actually happened.

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yeah.  It's trashy that they'd even consider him.  I'm of the mind that he shouldn't be eligible for the Hodge at all, ever.  Period.  One of the stipulations and criteria is sportsmanship/citizenship.  While I am all for him proving he is legit without the PEDs, the fact is that he did piss hot and served a suspension for one calendar year, which would have suspended him for NCAAs had he competed last year and NCAAs been held as well as 90% of this season.

It doesn't matter what anybody else's record is or stats.  The ledger shows that Fix pissed hot.

Like it or hate it, it actually happened.

Here we go again with Hodge criteria.  A multi-loss D3 wrestler won the Hodge, an NAIA wrestler won the Hodge, a wrestler who was pinned during the season won the Hodge.  It is clear that these critera are not striclty adhered to.  Let's just enjoy the Hodge for what it is.  These discussions that dive into the minutiae of each criterion are fruitless.

Edited by jchapman

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Here we go again with Hodge criteria.  A multi-loss D3 wrestler won the Hodge, an NAIA wrestler won the Hodge, a wrestler who was pinned during the season won the Hodge.  It is clear that these critera are not striclty adhered to.  Let's just enjoy the Hodge for what it is.  These discussions that dive into the minutiae of each criterion are fruitless.

I mean... pissing hot and being suspended should be a huge factor in NOT selecting Fix.  Period.  If you want to advocate for PED use, there are WWE boards you can tend to rather than this one.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... pissing hot and being suspended should be a huge factor in NOT selecting Fix.  Period.  If you want to advocate for PED use, there are WWE boards you can tend to rather than this one.

I don't.  But thanks for the non sequitur.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It absolutely was relevant.  You're advocating for him still deserving of the Hodge when he lost 90% of the season due to pissing hot.  That is directly relevant.

I think he's saying the Hodge doesn't really matter, nor do their criteria.

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I think he's saying the Hodge doesn't really matter, nor do their criteria.

I'll disagree to the Hodge doesn't matter bit.  It's our Heisman.  Their criteria is as grey-area as it needs to be.  Pissing hot should be taken into consideration on everybody's ballot.

16 minutes ago, jp157 said:

If the hodge is only about wrestling it doesn’t matter. If character and representation of the sport are included... gets a little sketch

Well it is there as a criteria.

The trophy is awarded based on seven criteria:
1. Record 
2. Number of pins 
3. Dominance 
4. Past credentials 
5. Quality of competition 
6. Sportsmanship/citizenship 
7. Heart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Hodge_Trophy

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

Also, lets not forget the undefeated, reigning Olympic gold medalist didn't win it.

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Also, lets not forget the undefeated, reigning Olympic gold medalist didn't win it.

He wasn't the best college wrestler that year per statistical analysis in college matches.  All non-wrestling factors were essentially equal (heart/citizenship, etc).