gallison

MAC Championships Thread

17 minutes ago, funnyfletcher said:

Just wondering if he's injured? 

Yeah idk. I liked him in high school, but I don't think he lasted more than a couple months at Minnesota which tells me he wasn't that good or there are other problems. When you asked, I got excited and thought he was wrestling somewhere.

30 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Yeah idk. I liked him in high school, but I don't think he lasted more than a couple months at Minnesota which tells me he wasn't that good or there are other problems. When you asked, I got excited and thought he was wrestling somewhere.

Sorry about that.  I remember him being pretty solid in HS and haven't heard much about him since. Hopefully we will see him next season. 

5 hours ago, XiXiTiger said:

Really close, but it looks like they were both out of bounds before the takedown.  Sucks for the Rider wrestler because Kent was totally gassed and would've eventually lost if there was more time.

This the one?

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

McKenzie Bell lost to Robert Howard in the state finals last year.  I guess that means Tbar thinks Howard could AA at 141 too

6 hours ago, Housebuye said:

His opponent is a true freshman who placed 2ns in NJ at 126 last year. 

it’s cool to see all of these true freshman  put out results

Honestly out of Howard, Nardone , Ventresca ,Almeyda and bell ( the 1st 4 all nationally ranked going into states last year  , bell might end up with the highest ceiling, he really started coming on later in high school unlike the other guys who were legit from day 1... rider might have gotten a steal with that one 

35 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

This the one?

That’s it, and it looks like 2 before they went OB.  Watched several Rider matches and they definitely seemed to get bad calls.  Sucks for Walton.

Edited by XiXiTiger

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Honestly out of Howard, Nardone , Ventresca ,Almeyda and bell ( the 1st 4 all nationally ranked going into states last year  , bell might end up with the highest ceiling, he really started coming on later in high school unlike the other guys who were legit from day 1... rider might have gotten a steal with that one 

Maybe he can recruit former teammate Quinn Kinner to Rider too...

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean there high school is only like 45 minutes away from rider, i wouldn’t be surprised if that happened 

I thought Kinner was still on the team and it was Mattox that was out?  What if they both went to Rider?

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I thought Kinner was still on the team and it was Mattox that was out?  What if they both went to Rider?

Kinner left the team before this season but I believe another poster said last week that he’s still Listed as a student at OSU

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Kinner left the team before this season but I believe another poster said last week that he’s still Listed as a student at OSU

Right and Mattox was the one who left the school entirely, right?

I'd be down for both going to Rider.  Kinner could get in at the 141/149 level and Mattox at the 157/165 level and be serviceable starters for the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I'd be down for both going to Rider.  Kinner could get in at the 141/149 level and Mattox at the 157/165 level and be serviceable starters for the next 3 years.

Right, Mattox moved on. 

Edited by Mphillips

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Kinner has legit AA potential, he was already a very good mat wrestler before college not just elite on his feet like a lot of high schools guys , so for him I think if he just finds the right coaching staff and situation his career will take off 

Rider is SCRAPPY!

what did y'all think about the Tropea-Hildebrandt call at the end? i thought it was 2 tropea (no reaction time).

fwiw - i wrote up the scenarios for the MAC qualifiers / At Larges here https://rokfin.com/article/3773/Whos-In-NCAA-Qualifiers

also - mattox is fighting last time i checked on him. 

Edited by Husker_Du

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly I love what rider has quietly done the last few years since Gary taylor retired...they grabbed guys who just came up short in nj states like Bell, Tyler Klinsky, Shane reistma, developed the guys on the team ( Laird , Dellavecchia, Walton) ...I can see them competing with Rutgers in a few years 

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Rider is SCRAPPY!

what did y'all think about the Tropea-Hildebrandt call at the end? i thought it was 2 tropea (no reaction time).

fwiw - i wrote up the scenarios for the MAC qualifiers / At Larges here https://rokfin.com/article/3773/Whos-In-NCAA-Qualifiers

Definitely 2..,rider got hosed a few times yesterday 

Angel Garcia had a pretty good year considering the circumstances - TR Frosh / limited preseason b/c covid protocols. (consider he's starting ahead of Worthy and Rietsma).

and they have a good (Top 5) incoming HWT in David Szuba. 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

Rider is SCRAPPY!

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Honestly I love what rider has quietly done the last few years since Gary taylor retired...they grabbed guys who just came up short in nj states like Bell, Tyler Klinsky, Shane reistma, developed the guys on the team ( Laird , Dellavecchia, Walton) ...I can see them competing with Rutgers in a few years 

Shhhh don't tell Minnow.

Also, I agree.  Solid development and recruiting add in that they're just tough as nails, very similar to Rutgers in that respect.

It reminds me of what EMU was doing the last few years.  They seemed to be improving more and faster than most other MAC schools and they just put you in a sog fight every single match-win, lose, or draw.

Hildebrandt over Surtin 6-1.

Schmitt over unseeded Koeler 9-6

Simon over Bell 12-5

Maueller over Robinson 6-0

Dellavechia  over Jacques 3-2

O'Toole over Olejnik 6-2

McNally over Mocco 8-7 GO KENT STATE! 

Wilson over Kent Fall 2nd   Nassar gets in at 3rd. GO CSU! 

Elam over Smith 10-4

Stencil over Laird 8-2 First 4x MAC Champion. Stencil looked a bunch better than in his semi.

Edited by Mphillips