4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You can sue me for libel.

I didn't say it was.  But everybody on that list that was linked to is a suspension for sexual misconduct.  I didn't post the link.  I didn't even know there was a list.  Had no idea (or forgot) about Harry Lester, just read up on it.

Wow I forgot about the brother of a former D1 coach on there. 

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Depends if they seed the entire bracket. So far nine are qualified for OTT and one is J'Den Cox who is moving up to 97kg.

The following will unquestionably be seeded above PD3: David Taylor, Zahid Valencia, Alex Dieringer

Likely to be seeded above PD3: Bo Nickal, Gabe Dean* (not qualified but appears likely)

50-50: the guy who we all have to blame for this- Myles Martin. Downey has a h2h win within seeding criteria dates but Martin has recent domestic and international results while PD3 earned none

Seeded below PD3: Brett Pfarr, Sammy Brooks, 74/84/97 NCAA champs + last chance qualifiers specifically Hidley, Aaron Brooks, and Nate Jackson.

Do not be surprised when PD3 doesn't place top 8. He was a one-hit wonder when everyone vacated 86 prior to Taylor being injured.

If you're going to count the H2H loss to Nickal, why ignore the H2H win over Dean?

18 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

If you're going to count the H2H loss to Nickal, why ignore the H2H win over Dean?

I’m not counting either because I follow the very simple-to-follow USAW rules and criteria.

If the first three seeds are 1. Taylor, 2. Valencia, and 3. Ringer, you would think that Bo would want to be seeded 6 or 7 putting him on the opposite side of the bracket as Taylor (his teammate).  I think Bo has a better chance of beating both Ringer and Valenica than a healthy Taylor.

20 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

What are you going to do when he wins it all?  You'll probably need a shrink. LOL 

What are you going to do when he doesn't win a match at OTT?

17 hours ago, Jim L said:

Holy sh!t that is a long list of sexual misconduct suspensions

Yeah, and according to PD2 he was on this list...

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nope.  I said that you said he's back and then provided a link to a list of people banned for sexual misconduct, and his name wasn't on it.  You provided the list.  Where did you get your degree from again?

He's a doctor, man.  #espect him!

Guy will need one when his son gets destroyed in two straight matches at OTT.

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

If the first three seeds are 1. Taylor, 2. Valencia, and 3. Ringer, you would think that Bo would want to be seeded 6 or 7 putting him on the opposite side of the bracket as Taylor (his teammate).  I think Bo has a better chance of beating both Ringer and Valenica than a healthy Taylor.

Didn't the release from February 10th state that all matches would now be used for seeding purposes?  Meaning all the pro events?

In that case, Bo is ahead of Ringer, Ringer ahead of PD3, Dean (if/when he qualifies ahead of Bo).  So it would be

1-Taylor

2-Zahid

3-Martin (beat Lujan)

4-Dean (lost to Lujan)

5-Bo (lost to Dean)

6-Ringer (lost to Bo)

7-Blue Dragons Jr (lost to Ringer)

Am I missing anyone?

21 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Depends if they seed the entire bracket. So far nine are qualified for OTT and one is J'Den Cox who is moving up to 97kg.

The following will unquestionably be seeded above PD3: David Taylor, Zahid Valencia, Alex Dieringer

Likely to be seeded above PD3: Bo Nickal, Gabe Dean* (not qualified but appears likely)

50-50: the guy who we all have to blame for this- Myles Martin. Downey has a h2h win within seeding criteria dates but Martin has recent domestic and international results while PD3 earned none

Seeded below PD3: Brett Pfarr, Sammy Brooks, 74/84/97 NCAA champs + last chance qualifiers specifically Hidley, Aaron Brooks, and Nate Jackson.

Do not be surprised when PD3 doesn't place top 8. He was a one-hit wonder when everyone vacated 86 prior to Taylor being injured.

Why does Dean qualification appear likely? Through last chance? I haven't heard if they're taking top two or if they're even for sure holding one yet. 

Between Dean, Jackson, and Hidlay or Brooks (one may qualify through NCAA's) that last chance looks stacked if only one guy gets out.

18 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I mean, Taylor will be waiting in the final even if he’d win out as a four seed anyway.

4 hours ago, wamba said:

I mean, Taylor will be waiting in the final even if he’d win out as a four seed anyway.

This is a good point, I forgot that the finals will be best of 3 since no USA 2019 world medalist at 86.  Would much rather get Taylor in the semis or right off the scale even.

Didn't the release from February 10th state that all matches would now be used for seeding purposes?  Meaning all the pro events?
In that case, Bo is ahead of Ringer, Ringer ahead of PD3, Dean (if/when he qualifies ahead of Bo).  So it would be
1-Taylor
2-Zahid
3-Martin (beat Lujan)
4-Dean (lost to Lujan)
5-Bo (lost to Dean)
6-Ringer (lost to Bo)
7-Blue Dragons Jr (lost to Ringer)
Am I missing anyone?

Even if the matches aren’t at 86kg???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, Blue Dragons said:

Because the seeding criteria is everything after 2019 Worlds, Dr. Clowney.

Means neither count.

Edited by nhs67

11 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Wow, Larry Cantor is on that list.  He was very involved in wresting for decades, including beat the streets/PSAL.   

That's what I was referring to in my post. I was around 2004-7. Would work out at the NYAC (on his invitation).

Really don't know what to think about the report I read (after a Google search). 

14 hours ago, Cementmixer103 said:

That's what I was referring to in my post. I was around 2004-7. Would work out at the NYAC (on his invitation).

Really don't know what to think about the report I read (after a Google search). 

Those reports are from the 70s and 80s.  I imagine somebody is looking into what may or may not have happened in the 2000s, since the statute of limitations hasn't expired for that time period.  I also am not sure how connected BTS was to him officially-I know he ran a wrestling club, which mainly consisted of PSAL wresters though.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

8 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Those reports are from the 70s and 80s.  I imagine somebody is looking into what may or may not have happened in the 2000s, since the statute of limitations hasn't expired for that time period.  I also am not sure how connected BTS was to him officially-I know he ran a wrestling club, which mainly consisted of PSAL wresters though.  

Yeah, "Steeplechase". At least that's what it was called when I was there. 

I don't know how to properly articulate exactly what I want to say. Certain things were weird but when we'd talk about it (me and other teammates) we'd be like, "Nah, no way, he's an old man."

So, I'll leave it there. I don't want to crucify the guy but also, in hindsight.. I don't know.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jim L said:

Holy sh!t that is a long list of sexual misconduct suspensions

A ref told me that after the Michigan State stuff happened, USA wrestling was proactive and started using the safe sport training and background checks (which have flagged people who passed school district and state background checks btw)

Allegedly, this is according to the ref I spoke to, take it with a grain of salt. The safesport background checks allowed them to quietly remove several coaches who were doing stuff. 

I honestly don’t know if the timing lines up for the story and I don’t know the ref well enough to know for sure if they were telling the truth, but that’s what I was told. It kinda makes sense

On 2/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, Relentless125 said:

Why does Dean qualification appear likely? Through last chance? I haven't heard if they're taking top two or if they're even for sure holding one yet. 

Between Dean, Jackson, and Hidlay or Brooks (one may qualify through NCAA's) that last chance looks stacked if only one guy gets out.

They are suppose to have a Last Chance qualifier although they have not announced the date yet.  If they do have one then the top 2 finishers from each weight will qualify for the OTTs.  I think Dean has a good chance of getting in but it is not a given.  Remember the Lujan match.