Sign in to follow this  
Keisha_Phillips

OTT Guidebook

Alright, now that I got my tickets for the second time, anyone have some tips or insight on places to go see, eat and drink at in the Ft Worth area around Dickies arena? 

How did you get tickets? I was just on the ticketmaster site and there are still none available. Did they sell out that fast, or were previous ticket holders given first dibs?

2 hours ago, Yellow_Medal said:

How did you get tickets? I was just on the ticketmaster site and there are still none available. Did they sell out that fast, or were previous ticket holders given first dibs?

If you had tickets to 2020 trials at state college you got a code for this morning at 10 am for a presale.  

I lived in DFW and pre-covid travelled semi-regularly for work. Ft Worth is boots and belt buckles while Dallas is new money, so be prepared for a bit of culture shock. One of my favorite places in the country is in Fort Worth called Wicked Butcher. Semi-upscale steakhouse - get the bone-in cowboy and don’t worry about the price tag because compared to some of the steakhouses you are getting off pretty light for this delicious hunk of meat

Enchiladas Olé - self explanatory

Lucille’s - good brunch

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop - breakfast burritos are awesome. All tacos are very solid and highly recommend the pork borracho beans. Quick, easy, light on the wallet, and it’s a chain all over TX (and a few in St. Louis!)

Tacos de birria are amazing if you haven’t had them yet. The best place is a food truck called Birreria Taqueria Cortez but it usually has a line and not sure if it’s around on the weekends. Another good place I’ve heard about it is Mariachi’s but I haven’t tried it yet after travel stopped.

If you want to get the best g*dammed fried chicken in your life then head out of town to Babe’s and be sure to bring libations because it’s BYOB. You will not be disappointed or your money back.

NBC has Olympics and Trials rights in all sports. Should stream on nbcsports.com with the finals perhaps on either NBC Sports Network or the Olympic Channel. There is a chance you will need a cable/satellite/streaming subscription with access to NBCSN in order to watch, but I cannot say for sure.

Edited by IronChef

On 2/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, Keisha_Phillips said:

Alright, now that I got my tickets for the second time, anyone have some tips or insight on places to go see, eat and drink at in the Ft Worth area around Dickies arena? 

Risky's Barbecue has a great all you can eat beef ribs deal for $13.99.   They are delicious.  For your side order, get the fries Texas style.  Of course drink it down with a local brew.