Sign in to follow this  
kionga

Central Michigan so far

CMU is having a pretty good tournament so far.  Drew Hildebrandt (125), Dresden Simon (141), and Matt Stencel (285) have already locked up automatic bids to the NCAA tournament.  All other wrestlers are still alive for as high as third place.  The MAC only gets 2 AQ at 165, but I would imagine Alex Cramer would receive an at-large invite if he places third since the MAC seems to be under represented in AQ allotments

14 minutes ago, kionga said:

CMU is having a pretty good tournament so far.  Drew Hildebrandt (125), Dresden Simon (141), and Matt Stencel (285) have already locked up automatic bids to the NCAA tournament.  All other wrestlers are still alive for as high as third place.  The MAC only gets 2 AQ at 165, but I would imagine Alex Cramer would receive an at-large invite if he places third since the MAC seems to be under represented in AQ allotments

Unfortunately I don't think Cramer does get an at-large even if he finishes 3rd.  I am also worried that Pelham won't either.  Bodies of work just aren't strong enough this year.

Marten losing early surprised me, but he's good for at-large.

CMU bounces back in the last 2 rounds, winning all of their matches (not counting the match for true 2nd at 165).  All ten wrestlers placed top seven.  Hildebrandt (125), Simon (141), and Stencel (285) placed first.  Johnny Lovett (157 ) and Alex Cramer (165) placed third, and the other wrestlers placed seventh.  Four automatic qualifiers with Cramer having an outside chance to be an at-large selection.