VakAttack

Real Woods certified

At 149....

Willie just Tweeted about him, so I went to Track and sure enough, he's got the green check mark and is listed at 149 (and JAden Abas at 157).  Not sure what it means in the end other than it appears Real will be competing this postseason at some weight.

Interesting, would not affect guys getting in at 149 with Abas previously there and Pac 12 having 2 allocations.  

Abas at 157, probably not either with van der Merwe there and 2 Pac 12 allocations.

So does van der Merwe move up also?

Flo article makes it seem like Real is going at 141????

Edited by buf87

Aren't the rules still specific to weight classes?

Meaning must have 4 matches at the competing weight class?

Meaning if Woods goes 149 then Abas bumping to 157 and VDM to 165 would be screwed as they would not get the required four minimum matches at the weight.

Griffith would win 174 with ease.  Abas might win 157 but VDM is not winning 165.

It appears woods will be at 141 - Yes he will have to win the bracket at 141 to get in. A little "weird" that coaches submitted their rosters - the brackets were made - and now they are substituting a wrestler. 

7 minutes ago, buf87 said:

Interesting, 

So since Pac12 has 2 bids at 141, 149, and 157; a wrestler still has to win the bracket if he doesn't have 4 matches at that weight?

Yes.

Now if Woods is put on the same side as Willits, Willits will need to get an At Large.

4 minutes ago, buf87 said:

Interesting, 

So since Pac12 has 2 bids at 141, 149, and 157; a wrestler still has to win the bracket if he doesn't have 4 matches at that weight?

Would that mean that a runner up with a 2-1 record wouldn't AQ? Correct?

Just now, Idaho said:

Correct - Woods is in the bracket at 141 - He faces the #3 Martinioni first round and would only have 3 matches. Pac 12 does true 2nd matches as well BTW.

So as long as the gent who takes 3rd lost to someone other than Woods, then Woods would presumably qualify by virtue of winning true 2nds.

Being as his path is through the 3 then 2 seed I doubt we see a true 2nd match, though.

That is correct - If Willits were to beat Woods in the finals - Woods could technically get a 4th match if it were Chlebove or Ward who took 3rd because he would have already beaten Marinino and Saenz. If Matrinino or Saenz placed 3rd and he already beat him then you don't wrestle a true 2nd.

As a side note,  with no matches and I am not sure how much he has been training since his tweet said he was "100% focused on academics", and Willits much improved this year , I'm going to say that Willits is going to give him a match. Also sucks for Arroyo to get called into the office at the 11th hour. 

Sounds as if tomorrow is going to be VERY interesting (to say the least).

I have no idea what this means but my GUESS would be Stanford would continue with Arroyo at 141 and IF Real Woods is IN FACT competing tomorrow he would be at 149 lbs, Jaden Abas moves up to 157 lbs and Requir van der Merwe is OUT (injury perhaps - he had lots of injury problems last season).

Edited by Bronco

Just now, Bronco said:

Sounds as if tomorrow is going to be VERY interesting (to say the least).

I have no idea what this means but my GUESS would be Stanford would continue with Arroyo at 141 and IF Real Woods is IN FACT competing tomorrow he would be at 149 lbs, Jaden Abas moves up to 157 lbs and Requir van der Merwe is OUT (injury perhaps - he had lost of injury problems last season).

Are you calling Idaho a liar?  : \

6 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Are you calling Idaho a liar?  : \

Absolutely NOT..............I didn't see his post here.    But we will all have to wait till tomorrow to see if that is IN FACT what has occurred.

Also I tried very hard to emphasize that that was "my GUESS"

Edited by Bronco

PAC has 1 listed at 141, then the 'automatic qualifier' which is the champion, so essentially 2 from the weight.  Then 6 at large chosen after the conf. tournaments are done.  Methinks It will be Willits-Woods going from the conf.  The real loser here is like Idaho said:  Arroyo; Tree's 141 all season.

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Absolutely NOT..............I didn't see his post here.    But we will all have to wait till tomorrow to see if that is IN FACT what has occurred.

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

It's always confounding to me why folks comment without reading a thread.

Haha...I am pretty sure he has me blocked :)  The  bracket has already been redrawn and it is now on Trackwrestling with Woods exactly where I said he was . There is no waiting until t1703092971_ScreenShot2021-02-27at12_18_11PM.png.5cb309e8739d0d40815b355dba7c0f41.png

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Haha...I am pretty sure he has me blocked :)  The  bracket has already been redrawn and it is now on Trackwrestling with Woods exactly where I said he was . There is no waiting until t1703092971_ScreenShot2021-02-27at12_18_11PM.png.5cb309e8739d0d40815b355dba7c0f41.png

He'll never admit he was wrong, ignorant, o4 clueless.

Edited by nhs67