Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Another change in Stanford's lineup for PAC 12 tournament

At 174 lbs Tyler Eischens is apparently OUT and being replaced by someone named Elijah Clever (according to this updated bracket found on the PAC 12 Wrestling webpage)

https://xs.pac-12.com/2021-02/Pac 12 Wrestling Champs brackets updated 2-27-21.pdf

The only person on the Stanford roster with a name that is similar is Elijah CLEAVER and he went 1-3 this season at 149 lbs as a True Freshman.  I'm GUESSING this is some kind of an error by someone.

However this updated bracket does indeed have Stanford's Real Woods at 141 lbs vs. CSUB's Martinoni in the first round.

13 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

Eischens issue is going to blow up - I need to get my facts in line before I post the scenario, but the short short version is Stanford admins added insult to injury with this young man's competitive career. 

I look forward to hearing the details on this Jason.  Thanks for the update.   I thought Eischens had a real chance of winning a PAC 12 title at 174 lbs.  Shame to read (here) that he's (apparently) been screwed out of a chance to do that.

3 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Eischens issue is going to blow up - I need to get my facts in line before I post the scenario, but the short short version is Stanford admins added insult to injury with this young man's competitive career. 

ughhh.... and on top of that Cleaver lost by walking out and injury defaulting. ????????????? 

4 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

3 hours ago, Bronco said:

I look forward to hearing the details on this Jason.  Thanks for the update.   I thought Eischens had a real chance of winning a PAC 12 title at 174 lbs.  Shame to read (here) that he's (apparently) been screwed out of a chance to do that.

The statement from whoever runs Stanford’s social media last night said Eichens was out  Today because he tested positive for COVID...was it a false positive or just an exposure situation? 

29 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The statement from whoever runs Stanford’s social media last night said Eichens was out  Today because he tested positive for COVID...was it a false positive or just an exposure situation? 

If true, then they screwed him by replacing him in the bracket.  If he had to withdraw due to COVID, he could have been eligible for an at-large if he had not been replaced.

3 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

If true, then they screwed him by replacing him in the bracket.  If he had to withdraw due to COVID, he could have been eligible for an at-large if he had not been replaced.

Yeah I thought the same thing, however Pac 12 only gets 2 total. He had a shot but it most likely would have went to Truax and Munoz - although he had the potential to pull and upset. I don't think he would have been in the position of getting an at-large. He wasn't ranked in the top 33 in the coaches and was 6-3 with losses to guys outside of the top 33. The weird thing is that they put in Cleaver and then he injury defaulted in :03...why send him out????

8 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yeah I thought the same thing, however Pac 12 only gets 2 total. He had a shot but it most likely would have went to Truax and Munoz - although he had the potential to pull and upset. I don't think he would have been in the position of getting an at-large. He wasn't ranked in the top 33 in the coaches and was 6-3 with losses to guys outside of the top 33. The weird thing is that they put in Cleaver and then he injury defaulted in :03...why send him out????

And 2-2 at 174 although I see 5-4 overall

With Clever (sic as per PAC-12s) having all of his previous bouts at 149.

Edited by gimpeltf

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

And 2-2 at 174 although I see 5-4 overall

hmmm...I see 2-2 at 174 and 6-3 overall....doesn't really matter though - he is not a candidate for an at-large if he finished 3rd. He would have had to pull an upset over Munoz or Truax to get in realistically. 

Just now, Idaho said:

hmmm...I see 2-2 at 174 and 6-3 overall....doesn't really matter though - he is not a candidate for an at-large if he finished 3rd. He would have had to pull an upset over Munoz or Truax to get in realistically. 

01/24/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Braden Smelser (CSU Bakersfield) (TF 15-0 5:02)

01/24/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Hunter LaRue (CSU Bakersfield) (Fall 2:00)

01/28/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Adam Kemp (Cal Poly) (Dec 11-5)

01/28/2021
Varsity - Josh Grant (California Baptist) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (TF 16-0 0:00)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Alexander Hernandez (Little Rock) (TF 16-0 3:13)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Troy Mantanona (Oklahoma) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (Fall 2:02)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Cade King (South Dakota State) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (Dec 10-8)

02/07/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Colton Beisley (Oregon State) (MD 9-1)

02/07/2021
Varsity - Demetrius Romero (Utah Valley) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (MD 11-3)

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:
01/24/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Braden Smelser (CSU Bakersfield) (TF 15-0 5:02)

01/24/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Hunter LaRue (CSU Bakersfield) (Fall 2:00)

01/28/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Adam Kemp (Cal Poly) (Dec 11-5)

01/28/2021
Varsity - Josh Grant (California Baptist) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (TF 16-0 0:00)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Alexander Hernandez (Little Rock) (TF 16-0 3:13)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Troy Mantanona (Oklahoma) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (Fall 2:02)

01/31/2021
Varsity - Cade King (South Dakota State) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (Dec 10-8)

02/07/2021
Varsity - Tyler Eischens (Stanford) over Colton Beisley (Oregon State) (MD 9-1)

02/07/2021
Varsity - Demetrius Romero (Utah Valley) over Tyler Eischens (Stanford) (MD 11-3)

Wrestlestat and the Stanford website have  Eichens winning the Grant match against Cal Baptist - which I believe given Grant's record and ranking. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Wrestlestat and the Stanford website have  Eichens winning the Grant match against Cal Baptist - which I believe given Grant's record and ranking. 

I copied from the OPC and both the Cal Baptist and Stanford version of the results are the same.

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

I copied from the OPC and both the Cal Baptist and Stanford version of the results are the same.

Wrestle stat and Stanford website have him winning 16-0 over Grant - Still; don't think it matters. 699717823_ScreenShot2021-02-28at4_36_07PM.png.e1af8a5081e465a62546dda8f9122d79.png

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Wrestle stat and Stanford website have him winning 16-0 over Grant - Still; don't think it matters. 699717823_ScreenShot2021-02-28at4_36_07PM.png.e1af8a5081e465a62546dda8f9122d79.png

I know. It's crazy both sites show one way and both OPCs show the other with a team score of 19-17 rather than 24-12.

Until and unless they change it- the OPC versions are what count.

7 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I know. It's crazy both sites show one way and both OPCs show the other with a team score of 19-17 rather than 24-12.

Until and unless they change it- the OPC versions are what count.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the OPC and can anybody access it & view results ?

4 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the OPC and can anybody access it & view results ?

Optimal Performance Calculator. Nowadays on Track. It's where the teams officially keep records including weighins although the weighin data isn't public.

Go to track look for OPC towards the top. 

image.png.f61a27d08a8e0b69bfca62d0166e3820.png

Click on the left side (not login) then find ncaa.

And how can it be stupid for someone called Show_Me to ask someone to show him?

Edited by gimpeltf