Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

College, especially D1 is a big step and there's a learning curve. Some learn faster. Plus it looked like he had an injury of some kind. 

Got it. Yes... the jump is amazing. I wish him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i watched his 2nd match yesterday and he literally had no offense. He was a stud in HS yes, but is he putting in the work to succeed D1?

Seems to be a lot of drama surrounding his selection for B12. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 – Julian Chlebove (6th Place) yesterday at PAC-12 Championships

Round 1: Julian Chlebove (ASU) defeats Conner Ward (Little Rock), Fall 1:03

Semifinals: Grant Willits (OSU) defeats Julian Chlebove (ASU), Decision 7-2

Cons Semifinals: Angelo Martinoni (UCSB) defeats Julian Chlebove (ASU), Fall

Fifth Place: Conner Ward (Little Rock) defeats Julian Chlebove (ASU), Fall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those results are kind of embarrassing for a kid who should've been a 4X state champ in PA. perhaps the reasons surrounding his not claiming that 4th title are some of the same reasons why he's taking last place in the PAC 12 tournament?

jeez.

Edited by DuckFor2
misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
those result are kind of embarrassing for a kid who should've been a 4X state champ in PA. perhaps the reasons surrounding his not claiming that 4th title are some of the same reasons why he's taking last place in the PAC 12 tournament?
jeez.
Ya think?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Lipari has to be so upset. Chlebove was so clearly not the better wrestler here.

Yea he won all 3 wrestleoffs and had a good year but zeke Jones changed Chlebove diaper as a baby and coached/been friends with the dad for like 20 years so I guess that outweighs everything else 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea he won all 3 wrestleoffs and had a good year but zeke Jones changed Chlebove diaper as a baby and coached/been friends with the dad for like 20 years so I guess that outweighs everything else 

Can't imagine that will be good for recruiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea he won all 3 wrestleoffs and had a good year but zeke Jones changed Chlebove diaper as a baby and coached/been friends with the dad for like 20 years so I guess that outweighs everything else 

I didn't think Julian was born while Whitey wrestled there but he stayed on another year as coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

did they wrestle off for PAC 12 or was Lipari injured? rumor has it he was injured and couldn't wrestle off.

An injured Lipari would have finished 6th as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Idaho said:

An injured Lipari would have finished 6th as well. 

I haven’t heard anything about Lipari being injured 

6 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I didn't think Julian was born while Whitey wrestled there but he stayed on another year as coach.

You can look up the comments from zeke when Chebove committed , he said he changed his diaper as a kid And always knew that he would end up wrestling for him

7 hours ago, DuckFor2 said:

did they wrestle off for PAC 12 or was Lipari injured? rumor has it he was injured and couldn't wrestle off.

I heard the reason they went to chlebove was because he had more upside....

though all this being said it would make a lot more sense if lipari was injured and couldn’t wrestle off but they still had wrestled off 3 times already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You can look up the comments from zeke when Chebove committed , he said he changed his diaper as a kid And always knew that he would end up wrestling for him

That's why I said what I said. He wasn't born until Whitey coached there. I forgot he stayed on to coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I haven’t heard anything about Lipari being injured 

You can look up the comments from zeke when Chebove committed , he said he changed his diaper as a kid And always knew that he would end up wrestling for him

I heard the reason they went to chlebove was because he had more upside....

though all this being said it would make a lot more sense if lipari was injured and couldn’t wrestle off but they still had wrestled off 3 times already 

I havent either - I was responding to the idea that he was. It was a free year so with Lipari being a grad student and the better wrestler who has earned it, he should have been the guy.  No doubt 

Edited by Idaho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I havent either - I was responding to the idea that he was. It was a free year so with Lipari being a grad student and the better wrestler who has earned it, he should have been the guy.  No doubt 

I agree with you, but we don't know what Zeke told Lipari when they discussed a possible transfer.  Maybe he told Lipari that Chlebove is the guy at 141, but he would be welcome as a body in the room and could wrestle off for 149?  It's not like Lipari spent multiple years in the program; he's been there for about 6 months...Zeke and ASU have no loyalty to him.  

Since this is a free year, can't Lipari transfer somewhere else and wrestle next season for his fourth school in four years?

I mentioned this in another thread, but it really sucks that this is the second time that Lipari has been hosed like this.  First Aragona at Rutgers, now Chlebove at ASU.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I agree with you, but we don't know what Zeke told Lipari when they discussed a possible transfer.  Maybe he told Lipari that Chlebove is the guy at 141, but he would be welcome as a body in the room and could wrestle off for 149?  It's not like Lipari spent multiple years in the program; he's been there for about 6 months...Zeke and ASU have no loyalty to him.  

Since this is a free year, can't Lipari transfer somewhere else and wrestle next season for his fourth school in four years?

I mentioned this in another thread, but it really sucks that this is the second time that Lipari has been hosed like this.  First Aragona at Rutgers, now Chlebove at ASU.  

As a graduate student with this not being a year that counts I think he could for wrestling purposes, but when you have been in a grad program for a year I'm not sure you do that from an academic standpoint. We don't know what the agreement was, but I don't see Lipari transferring across the country to agree to be a room guy. In hind sight you are right, Zeke and ASU had no loyalty to him - but it sure was nice of them to let him wrestle the season though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if it matters (maybe not much), Lipari also got pinned by Martinoni last year so while he couldn't have done worse than Chlebove, he still may not have qualified (of course still assuming Woods is not eligible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DuckFor2 said:

did they wrestle off for PAC 12 or was Lipari injured? rumor has it he was injured and couldn't wrestle off.

No injury,Lipari has won all wrestle-offs, as a matter of fact Chlebove has yet to score an offensive pt on Lipari in multiple wrestle-offs,the last being right before conference.

Lipari got screwed,plain and simple. Upside-Lipari is about to get his Masters degree

Edited by Columbia_Lou
misspelt word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...