The announcers were discussing Woods preparing for the NCAA tournament, but I'm pretty sure Real is, unfortunately, eliminated.  Unless he wrestles for true 2nd, but I think somebody indicated both guys in the 3rd place match had already lost to Real.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

The announcers were discussing Woods preparing for the NCAA tournament, but I'm pretty sure Real is, unfortunately, eliminated.  Unless he wrestles for true 2nd, but I think somebody indicated both guys in the 3rd place match had already lost to Real.

Correct   Only 3 matches eliminates a at large 

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Pretty sure that eliminates Woods, right?

I think Woods just won it, unless it was the 3rd place mat.....I think he had to take first to go, so I think he's in.  (I'm just watching it on a livestream and just joined in)

Edited by fadzaev2

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Geez. This is horrible. Wanted to see Woods, even though he looked a little less than what I remember. 

Probably a product of not wrestling a match until today, but I agree, not as good as what we saw last year.  Still would not have wanted Eierman to run into him if I could avoid it.

2 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

I think Woods just won.....I think he had to take first to go.

Woods got stuck.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Stanford Wrestling posted on their Twitter that Woods is in.

Crappy season and circumstances is going to get crappier when they realize he is done...

I thought these were the minds of the future...

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Crappy season and circumstances is going to get crappier when they realize he is done...

Fake news on Twitter.......IMPOSSIBLE

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Or we could see some funny business.  What was our last BS qualifier situation?  Was it the thing with Taylor Lamont a couple of years ago?

Edited by VakAttack

I believe somebody mentioned that teams have until next Sunday to get the minimum matches. The discussion came up with American in the EIWA thread. I believe it was @SetonHallPirate who is way more informed than I.

The other thing that makes that seem realistic is that Stanford's coaches were locked out of the school account and now use the SaveStanfordWrestling account. So it is not just some intern posting that Woods is going to NCAAs I would have to believe.