Just now, bracketbuster said:

I believe somebody mentioned that teams have until next Sunday to get the minimum matches. The discussion came up with American in the EIWA thread. I believe it was @SetonHallPirate who is way more informed than I.

The other thing that makes that seem realistic is that Stanford's coaches were locked out of the school account and now use the SaveStanfordWrestling account. So it is not just some intern posting that Woods is going to NCAAs I would have to believe.

Iread that now that you mention it.

6 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

I believe somebody mentioned that teams have until next Sunday to get the minimum matches. The discussion came up with American in the EIWA thread. I believe it was @SetonHallPirate who is way more informed than I.

The other thing that makes that seem realistic is that Stanford's coaches were locked out of the school account and now use the SaveStanfordWrestling account. So it is not just some intern posting that Woods is going to NCAAs I would have to believe.

SHP just Tweeted at the Save Stanford Wrestling account the same suggestion.

9 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

This is true.  He has until March 7 to get a 4th bout.

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

This is true.  He has until March 7 to get a 4th bout.

Who is going to wrestle him? National qualifiers aren't going to risk injury or just default and put another loss on their record. Guys in at-large contention aren't going to want the pool to shrink even more. Guys that are done with the season aren't going to want to make weight anymore. And it can't be a teammate.

1 minute ago, bracketbuster said:

Who is going to wrestle him? National qualifiers aren't going to risk injury or just default and put another loss on their record. Guys in at-large contention aren't going to want the pool to shrink even more. Guys that are done with the season aren't going to want to make weight anymore. And it can't be a teammate.

It's to the conference's benefit to retain the spot.  He could wrestle a 141 scrub from Cal Poly for all I care.  Heck, it could even be a 133 scrub that doesn't want to cut & weighs in at 141.

Edited by lu_alum

Just now, bracketbuster said:

*Kevin Dresser has entered the chat*

2 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

A team that wants his post Stanford services? 

Edited by TBar1977

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Foolish by Griffith.  THere's a book on Valencia.  Beat the head, handfight hard, win in the 2nd and third, possibly by a lot.

More details please. Directv gives me no pac 12 option!

Hey Vak, I thought Griffith was in good position but gotta give Air Valencia some credit. That scramble move looked like a windmill over Griffiths backside. Pretty sweet. Crazy athletic. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

More details please. Directv gives me no pac 12 option!

Valencia had a hard whizzer.  Griffith tried to step over.  End up in a sloppy scramble and ended up on his back within the first minute or so.  Never scored besides an escape afterwards.  Valencia won comfortably, though he also didn't score again.

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Hey Vak, I thought Griffith was in good position but gotta give Air Valencia some credit. That scramble move looked like a windmill over Griffiths backside. Pretty sweet. Crazy athletic. 

Valencia's only advantage is his explosiveness.  Felt to me like he went to the one place where he could lose, and he paid for it big time.  Stepping over in that scenario is like first day stuff.  I say this as a mediocre to bad wrestle myself, so take it with that grain of salt.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Valencia's only advantage is his explosiveness.  Felt to me like he went to the one place where he could lose, and he paid for it big time.  Stepping over in that scenario is like first day stuff.  I say this as a mediocre to bad wrestle myself, so take it with that grain of salt.

I think that works against almost everyone else, but like you said Anthony is explosive. Typically once a match, and he made it work that one time. But I give this 75% to Anthony and only 25% against Shane. As a fan of fully committed offensive action in wrestling I gotta give Anthony some props on that. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

STOP CALLING IT A KEY LOCK, CHERTOW!  THE KEY LOCK IS ALREADY A THING!

Anyway, please sign up for my signature platinum medal masters class camp!  Limited spacing (unless you give me money!)

No dead air with Ken.