VakAttack

Pac 12 Finals

1 minute ago, SetonHallPirate said:

True...and unfortunately, the Pac-12 has always been AWFUL at showing those true second matches.

I'd feel better if they had a tournament admin building the "2 Man Place 2" brackets right now in Track.

SoCon didn't, but luckily they showed their lone true 2nd match on the ESPN+ feed at the conclusion of the finals bouts.

14 minutes ago, IronChef said:

Where is Woods supposed to go to get that 4th match? Stanford is not well-located to make something happen on short notice. Find a willing team, set up an event, get an official...

If they don't set something up during the Pac-12 tourney... How difficult is it to make a 3-4 hour drive down to Fresno or San Luis Obispo?  Where there's a will, there's a way.

He doesn't have to wrestle someone good.  He just needs a bout at 141 lbs.

Edited by lu_alum

IMO there shouldn’t be any chances for Woods to get in. He knew the rules and chose not to wrestle during the season.

That being said, I wish they just stuck to the old rules. If you “steal” a spot, it’s yours. No minimum required.

Sets a pretty crappy precedent if they allow him to game the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

IMO there shouldn’t be any chances for Woods to get in. He knew the rules and chose not to wrestle during the season.

That being said, I wish they just stuck to the old rules. If you “steal” a spot, it’s yours. No minimum required.

Sets a pretty crappy precedent if they allow him to game the system.

The season isn't over until the final conference championship is complete: March 7.

Edited by lu_alum

The season isn't over until the final conference championship is complete: March 7.

True but other conferences don’t have the same ability to “game” the system. I don’t believe when they made the rules they expected people to be wrestling after the conference tournament to get “extra” matches.

The only question I have left about the Woods situation is retroactive application.

As of now, the 141 qualifiers are Willits (1st) and Martinoni (3rd) because Woods isn't currently eligible. [NCAA: "If the second place finisher in a weight class does not have 4 matches, but the third place finisher does have 4 matches, the third place finisher can be awarded the pre-allocated spot, as the second place finisher is not eligible."]

If Woods gets his fourth match prior to the March 7 deadline, does he:
(a) retroactively take the 2nd pre-allocated spot, bumping Martinoni, or
(b) qualify for the final coaches' ranking, at-large pool, etc., and have to take his chances there?

3 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

The only question I have left about the Woods situation is retroactive application.

As of now, the 141 qualifiers are Willits (1st) and Martinoni (3rd) because Woods isn't currently eligible. [NCAA: "If the second place finisher in a weight class does not have 4 matches, but the third place finisher does have 4 matches, the third place finisher can be awarded the pre-allocated spot, as the second place finisher is not eligible."]

If Woods gets his fourth match prior to the March 7 deadline, does he:
(a) retroactively take the 2nd pre-allocated spot, bumping Martinoni, or
(b) qualify for the final coaches' ranking, at-large pool, etc., and have to take his chances there?

He would've enough matches to an at large 

42 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

I'd feel better if they had a tournament admin building the "2 Man Place 2" brackets right now in Track.

SoCon didn't, but luckily they showed their lone true 2nd match on the ESPN+ feed at the conclusion of the finals bouts.

The Pac-12 has never done either of those things, for some reason...

Just now, calot said:

He would've enough matches to an at large 

Yes, I know that. That's option B in my post.

My question is if they can loop back after the fact and give him the conference's 2nd allocated spot, which would effectively knock Martinoni out of NCAAs.

5 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

Yes, I know that. That's option B in my post.

My question is if they can loop back after the fact and give him the conference's 2nd allocated spot, which would effectively knock Martinoni out of NCAAs.

My understanding is yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Just now, bracketbuster said:

Since I am not finding anything on the true seconds on track and don't have the PAC 12 network, anybody with the 4 true second results it would be greatly appreciated.

Lamer beat Crooks 4-2 at 149...the others are still ongoing. (also, whether you have the Pac-12 network or not is irrelevant...they aren't streaming, and never have)