Savestanford wrestling needs to pull a Dresser and host an open. Woods can wrestle teammates. 

Unfortunately, bouts against teammates do not count toward the four-bout minimum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know how much this is worth but here are excerpts from the CSU Bakersfield release. Stanford release just said Woods placed second and their was no mention one way or the other about NCAAs

Corvallis, Ore. – Dominic Ducharme rode out the clock in overtime to capture the Pac-12 Championship at 184 and advance to the NCAA Tournament for the second time in his career. Angelo Martinoni finished third at 141 and awaits a decision on whether that placement will be good enough for him to join Ducharme at the National Tournament in St. Louis, next month.

Martinoni could still grab the Pac-12's second allocation at 141, over Woods, who competed just three times today, his only action this season, but that decision has not yet been announced. Martinoni has wrestled five matches this season, one more than the NCAA announced threshold of four. 

Ducharme, and potentially one or two more `Runners, will represent CSUB at the NCAA Championships in St. Louis on Mar. 18-21.

6 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

Vague tweeting is vague.

NCAA: "Due to COVID-19 related issues and concerns, most teams had limited opportunities to compete, and encountered interruptions during the season. Providing a waiver option will offer the ability for wrestlers that would otherwise be considered for at-large a path to still be considered if their competition opportunities were eliminated or reduced because of COVID-19."

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/wrestling/d1/men/Feb2021D1MWR_MeetingReport.pdf

Stanford had 4 competition dates during the season, with 8 total duals (plus extra matches available), so it'll be tougher to prove that Woods' opportunities were reduced due to COVID.

WHO decides if a 4th match by March 7 secures the “Automatic bid” for Woods via his 2nd place finish @ Pac 12 ?

The Pac 12, the NCAA ?  Both ?

Edited by Show_Me

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Probably a product of not wrestling a match until today, but I agree, not as good as what we saw last year.  Still would not have wanted Eierman to run into him if I could avoid it.

Woods got stuck.

I see that now!!!!

10 hours ago, Tommy Payan said:

Fake news on Twitter.......IMPOSSIBLE

More like fake news HERE.  The Stanford twitter account has not posted anything since July 7th of last year.

The Save Stanford Wrestling twitter account has nothing on Real Woods (lately) other than a post which says:

Hey , it’s about to get Real!

7 hours ago, ISUChip said:

Stanford had 4 competition dates during the season, with 8 total duals (plus extra matches available), so it'll be tougher to prove that Woods' opportunities were reduced due to COVID.

Yep - Especially since Woods own tweet indicated he didn't wrestle this season by his own choice. 

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Valencia's only advantage is his explosiveness.  Felt to me like he went to the one place where he could lose, and he paid for it big time.  Stepping over in that scenario is like first day stuff.  I say this as a mediocre to bad wrestle myself, so take it with that grain of salt.

That step over is so popular now. I think the mistake is that he tried to put the far boot in while they were both still on their feet and that allowed Valencia to generate a ton of power hipping him back over and it also allowed him to pick the far ankle when he did. Down on the mat, I think that's a little safer.

8 minutes ago, Bronco said:

More like fake news HERE.  The Stanford twitter account has not posted anything since July 7th of last year.

The Save Stanford Wrestling twitter account has nothing on Real Woods (lately) other than a post which says:

Hey , it’s about to get Real!

Save Stanford Wrestling is a great twitter with good information, but perhaps you should follow the "Keep Stanford Wrestling" twitter which is the "The official page of the Stanford University Wrestling Team". When you say there is "fake news HERE" perhaps it begins with making sure you are following the correct Twitter that does in fact have information on Real Woods.

1601756504_ScreenShot2021-03-01at6_59_24AM.png.fef726844fe130264632879640dac685.png

11 hours ago, bracketbuster said:

I believe somebody mentioned that teams have until next Sunday to get the minimum matches. The discussion came up with American in the EIWA thread. I believe it was @SetonHallPirate who is way more informed than I.

The other thing that makes that seem realistic is that Stanford's coaches were locked out of the school account and now use the SaveStanfordWrestling account. So it is not just some intern posting that Woods is going to NCAAs I would have to believe.

Stanford vs American dual, let's set it up (and 4 matches for Kizhan Clarke)!

Per Flo article regarding NCAA qualifiers.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6898135-2021-ncaa-tournament-automatic-qualifier-hub

Conference 125 133 141 149 157 165 174 184 197 285 Total
ACC 3 4 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 4 33
Big 12 5 5 4 5 3 5 4 4 5 5 45
Big Ten 8 8 8 7 8 8 8 8 6 7 76
EIWA 3 3 5 4 5 5 5 6 5 4 45
MAC 4 5 4 4 4 2 3 3 3 3 35
Pac-12 2 1 2 2 2 2 2 1 3 2 19
Southern 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 13

141 Pounds

ACC: Tariq Wilson (NC State), Zach Sherman (North Carolina), Cole Matthews (Pitt)

Big 12:

Big Ten:

EIWA: Cody Trybus (Navy), Lane Peters (Army West Point), Connor McGonagle (Lehigh), Julian Flores (Drexel), Vinny Vespa (Hofstra)

MAC: McKenzie Bell (Rider), Dresden Simon (Central Michigan), Alan Hart (Missouri), Saul Ervin (SIUE)

Pac-12: Angelo Martinoni (CSUB), Grant Willits (Oregon State)

SoCon: Anthony Brito (App State)

29 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Save Stanford Wrestling is a great twitter with good information, but perhaps you should follow the "Keep Stanford Wrestling" twitter which is the "The official page of the Stanford University Wrestling Team". When you say there is "fake news HERE" perhaps it begins with making sure you are following the correct Twitter that does in fact have information on Real Woods.

Been a rough couple of days on Bronco.

Edited by Mphillips

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

idk why everyone is getting so worked up. Woods is going to a tournament next weekend and will have enough matches to qualify for an at-large bid

image.png.4cf9316c01526e3a7e46f4c1c31e8703.png

But with a 3-1 record and only one close win over a top 30 wrestler, should he/will he?