flyingcement

Most Entertaining College Wrestlers

Not best but most entertaining.  Who is the guy that you don't want to miss the match because you really never know what to expect or you just enjoy their approach.

I'm gonna break mine down by weight, but curious to hear from others so I may be able to learn something here.

125: Sam Latona

133: Austin DeSanto

141: Jaydin Eierman

149: Sammy Sasso (Alirez if this was freestyle) / Underdog Luke Nichter

157: Brayton Lee

165: Jake Wentzel

174: Mikey Labriola

184: Taylor Venz

197: Stephen Buchanan

HWT: Gable Steveson

Feels wrong to miss out on a McKee brother here - Pat McKee would be close to Latona there.

Spencer Lee college matches are boring now that everyone has fleed 125.  He is the obvoius favorite in every match.  Pretty boring to me even if very impressive

10 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Spencer Lee college matches are boring now that everyone has fleed 125.  He is the obvoius favorite in every match.  Pretty boring to me even if very impressive

Can you remind us who all is fleeing 125 and where they are going?  I thought everyone was fleeing 133 with the Fix return, didnt both Suriano and Micic flee the weight?  ;_;

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Can you remind us who all is fleeing 125 and where they are going?  I thought everyone was fleeing 133 with the Fix return, didnt both Suriano and Micic flee the weight?  ;_;

I'm only speculating here so feel free to put me in my place if I'm wrong.  It just seemed like a lot of the guys who were borderline between 125 and 133 tended to go away from Spencer.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

I'm only speculating here so feel free to put me in my place if I'm wrong.  It just seemed like a lot of the guys who were borderline between 125 and 133 tended to go away from Spencer.

names?

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

Again, I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Micic was having a very difficult time making that weight.  Come Olympic time, he will have to suck it up

I second  Bryce Andonian from Virginia Tech.  Almost every match I’ve watched with him in it I come away saying that was an exciting match to watch.

7 hours ago, ionel said:

Being as Micic, Fix, and Suriano all wrestle 57kg (125.5lbs) for Freestyle it isn't that bold to say.

Same with Gross last year.

I don't think they're ducking.  I understand weigh-in rules are vastly different and making it for an entire season is different than making it for a weekend every month or two.

20 minutes ago, nom said:

I second  Bryce Andonian from Virginia Tech.  Almost every match I’ve watched with him in it I come away saying that was an exciting match to watch.

O'Connor does not approve this message.

Or he nearly didn't.

37 minutes ago, klehner said:

Darmstadt.  There's a reason top-level guys choose neutral against him, and a reason he chooses top.  And a reason his nickname is "the Assassin."

I thought his nickname was Pyles Jr?

7 hours ago, ionel said:

Fix is a 133 he and Suriano were in the 133 finals two years ago, thus they didn't flee 125.

"Fix can easily make 125.... but 'the team'"

Suriano was in the finals at 125 the year before that.  Didn't go well.  Was supposed to be 125 this year.  Didn't happen.

What about a Mickey Phillippi?  I'm sure there are others.

Just now, TobusRex said:

Off topic, but what's the story with Kaden Gfeller? I've always thought he's fun to watch. Is he sitting out this year or something? 

Has he had some extra matches?  I think I heard that he has gotten bigger and can't fit in the lineup as currently constituted.

Just now, AHamilton said:

Has he had some extra matches?  I think I heard that he has gotten bigger and can't fit in the lineup as currently constituted.

thanks for the info, that's more than I knew. Kid just can't beat out the guy ahead of him I suppose. Still, Kaden is a fun watch. 

8 hours ago, Force118 said:

Bryce Andonian at 149. Anybody in D1 that will reach back on bottom like they don’t have a care in the world is going to be can’t miss.

I second Andonian, kid lets it fly from all positions for the Hokies.