4 hours ago, ugarte said:

Brandon Womack pinned an undersized Rami Pellumbi in like 30 seconds.

I wasn't going to mention that one.  1:31.  Pellumbi's first bout in more than two years.  But it was only one bout, and he didn't default in two seconds.

so now it’s not only to get a 4th match it’s to also increase the winning percentage. Why not wrestle 15 matches tomorrow to get a really high seed at the ncaa. 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

so now it’s not only to get a 4th match it’s to also increase the winning percentage. Why not wrestle 15 matches tomorrow to get a really high seed at the ncaa. 

Progressive thinker.

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you don't know the rules. (not many do)

Well yeah seems like they’re just making them up as they go this year...

(but I’m just happy to have wrestling)

15 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

I wasn't going to mention that one.  1:31.  Pellumbi's first bout in more than two years.  But it was only one bout, and he didn't default in two seconds.

i decided that pellumbi was chosen for that match because he had a car or was womack's roommate. i have no evidence of either.

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

i decided that pellumbi was chosen for that match because he had a car or was womack's roommate. i have no evidence of either.

I figure he's on Koll's Christmas card list for the rest of his life, though ....

Here are the results from what track is calling the Bakersfield/Stanford RR. Woods is now 4 matches in and eligible.  Rich is now batting over 700.  Everybody is a winner.

Round 1 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 18-0 2:43)
Yes
No

Round 2 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 15-0 3:11)
Yes
No

Round 1 - Real Woods (Stanford) over Jose Landin (CSU Bakersfield) (TF 16-0 3:20)
Yes
No

Round 2 - Real Woods (Stanford) over Jose Landin (CSU Bakersfield) (Fall 2:14)
Yes
No

This is no better than the "Dresser Last Chance Open".

Hoping that neither wrestler receives an At-Large bid (taking bids from other wrestlers) based on meeting "qualification criteria" in this manner.

21 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Hoping that neither wrestler receives an At-Large bid (taking bids from other wrestlers) based on meeting "qualification criteria" in this manner.

Based on the fact that Real was a top-4 seed last year at the same weight and took 2nd in the Pac 12 this year, he belongs in the tournament.  

This allows Woods to make his rightful claim to the PAC-12 141 2nd place AQ spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Based on the fact that Real was a top-4 seed last year at the same weight and took 2nd in the Pac 12 this year, he belongs in the tournament.  

6 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

This allows Woods to make his rightful claim to the PAC-12 141 2nd place AQ spot

Agree that Woods has already earned a spot via 2nd @ Pac 12.

However, they are not awarding Woods the AQ.  And, what about both wrestlers getting 2 matches vs the SAME overmatched opponents for the sole purpose of increasing their Win Pct ?   That is the part that smacks "gaming the system".

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Here are the results from what track is calling the Bakersfield/Stanford RR. Woods is now 4 matches in and eligible.  Rich is now batting over 700.  Everybody is a winner.

Round 1 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 18-0 2:43)
Yes
No

Round 2 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 15-0 3:11)
Yes
No

Round 1 - Real Woods (Stanford) over Jose Landin (CSU Bakersfield) (TF 16-0 3:20)
Yes
No

Yes
No

Whoa. That's not even 'gray area' - that is about 10 steps out of bounds and a sharp stick in the eye level cheating.

The good news is that, as we all know, they'll never prosper.

44 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Agree that Woods has already earned a spot via 2nd @ Pac 12.

However, they are not awarding Woods the AQ.  And, what about both wrestlers getting 2 matches vs the SAME overmatched opponents for the sole purpose of increasing their Win Pct ?   That is the part that smacks "gaming the system".

Yeah, IMO it is worse than the Last Chance Open, for one because of all the flack Dresser got for that, and at least it was somewhat of an actual tournament with multiple teams and at least happened before the conference tournament.  This was just the same 2 guys x2 wrestling twice.

Edited by 1032004

Weight Summary Stats TW Event
  133 Round 1 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 18-0 2:43) Yes No
  133 Round 2 - Chance Rich (CSU Bakersfield) over Suhas Chundi (Stanford) (TF 15-0 3:11) Yes No
  141 Round 1 - Real Woods (Stanford) over Jose Landin (CSU Bakersfield) (TF 16-0 3:20) Yes No
  141 Round 2 - Real Woods (Stanford) over Jose Landin (CSU Bakersfield) (Fall 2:14) Yes No

Gross, lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Yes
No

Yes
No

Yes
No

Yes
No

lol if it weren't a pandemic or 3000 miles away or a weight class i miss by almost 100 i'd have volunteered to be the tackling dummy