jerseychas

Where's BIG10 brackets?

1 hour ago, calot said:

Either way he's gotta beat them all. Wasn't aware you guys hadn't seen them yet. He's got mason round 2 then cass 

Cassman losing Round 1 or something?  How is Kerk seeing Cassman in the consis so early?

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Barely counts. If it's only on results, he should probably be the 9. I'm not upset he's the 7, but that's as high as he can go imo.

I agree 7 was as high as he could have went and wouldn't have argued with putting him at 8.

But putting him over Rebottaro is an easy call IMO.    Keep in mind unlike guys like Bartlett, Kerk was also 9-0 in redshirt last year, including as Spey kindly pointed out to me beating Fernandes who had beaten several of last year's NQ's.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Cassman losing Round 1 or something?  How is Kerk seeing Cassman in the consis so early?

My point was he would've to beat all 3 either way. Regardless if he was the 6 or 7

Edited by calot

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

The goal of seeding is to separate the best wrestlers. It's complicated if you have specific criteria and a Kerk situation, though. It's also not just about an individual wrestler; it matters for everyone else. It does Parris no favors to have the 3rd (at worst) guy in the bracket as his first match of the tournament. Literally nobody thinks Kerk is the 7th best wrestler in the Big Ten, and saying stuff like "he should be behind a guy who's 1-4" makes you sound a little silly.

Agreed 100%.  Kerk is the third best guy in the bracket at worst.  He would beat everyone from Cassiopi to the #14 seed.  Can't imagine that Parris is to happy to see him in round 2.

8 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed 100%.  Kerk is the third best guy in the bracket at worst.  He would beat everyone from Cassiopi to the #14 seed.  Can't imagine that Parris is to happy to see him in round 2.

Can't imagine Parris is to worried about him? 

12 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Can't imagine Parris is to worried about him? 

Maybe Parris is not worried about Kerk, but I think it's unreasonable that as the #2 seed, Parris will have to beat Kerk, Cass, and Gable in succession to win the Big 10 title.  

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

Maybe Parris is not worried about Kerk, but I think it's unreasonable that as the #2 seed, Parris will have to beat Kerk, Cass, and Gable in succession to win the Big 10 title.  

I think it's badass and I believe he's the only one that could do it.

2 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Talk about a comparison of haves & have nots...  

Iowa seeds:  1-2-1-2-2-1-1-9-3-3

Maryland seeds: 14-14-11-14-11-11-14-12-11-14

Whoda thunk that a big 10 team could get all 10 of their guys seeded 11 or 14 (well except for that 12 anomaly).  It just doesn't seem mathematically possible. 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Whoda thunk that a big 10 team could get all 10 of their guys seeded 11 or 14 (well except for that 12 anomaly).  It just doesn't seem mathematically possible. 

What caught my eye was a battle between a single-digit team and two-digit team.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Pyles seems to be hating on these seeds.  I actually thought overall they were pretty fair.

I thought he said they were mostly good? The only one he really disagreed with was Kerk, who he thinks should be the 13. I agree personally, though that's unpopular on this forum.

12 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I thought he said they were mostly good? The only one he really disagreed with was Kerk, who he thinks should be the 13. I agree personally, though that's unpopular on this forum.

Pyles actually said Kerk should have been the 13? Lol. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Pyles actually said Kerk should have been the 13? Lol. 

Willie too. If we're strictly basing it only on this year's results, I think that's the right spot. Ironically, it's a better spot for Kerk because he basically takes over the 4 seed.