48 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

It was unprompted, but it also didn't warrant another deep dive into Alex Marinelli's failure to win a natty title due to a "bad draw". 

YOU are the only one saying this. I'm saying he should have gotten 4th.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

It was unprompted, but it also didn't warrant another deep dive into Alex Marinelli's failure to win a natty title due to a "bad draw". 

Look at this deep dive!

On 2/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, VakAttack said:

His sophomore year?  No it's not.  Anyway, nobody in this thread has even mentioned the draws.  His freshman year he didn't have a bad draw, he just hit the semi slide.  His sophomore year, he definitely did have an awful draw especially as the 1 seed.  It's not hindsight, either, it was mentioned IMMEDIATELY upon the bracket release.

Look at how triggered!  Six sentences of raw emotion!

Edited by VakAttack

46 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Oh, it is far more than that, counselor. Numerous pages since it began, and now birthing additional threads. Marinelli's bad draw is a Rock Star here on themat.com!!!

Yes, that is how message boards work.  People respond to one another.

Marinelli got a tough draw.  Nobody is saying that should retroactively be given the 2019 NCAA title because of it, except for the strawman you've set up about it.

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yes, that is how message boards work.  People respond to one another.

Marinelli got a tough draw.  Nobody is saying that should retroactively be given the 2019 NCAA title because of it, except for the strawman you've set up about it.

I never said Marinelli should be given anything, nor have I claimed he was denied anything. What I have claimed is that a lot of people like to whine about how unfair his draw was. Not a good look.

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I never said Marinelli should be given anything, nor have I claimed he was denied anything. What I have claimed is that a lot of people like to whine about how unfair his draw was. Not a good look.

It wasn't brought up by me or any Iowa fan.  It was brought up by an Ohio State fan and this claim about "excuse-making" is just some weird narrative you've concocted.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It wasn't brought up by me or any Iowa fan.  It was brought up by an Ohio State fan and this claim about "excuse-making" is just some weird narrative you've concocted.

Yes, brought up by housebuy. But then many pages and threads later it has taken on a life of its own. This is the wrestling equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster!

ALEX MARINELLI'S BAD DRAW

Yes, brought up by housebuy. But then many pages and threads later it has taken on a life of its own. This is the wrestling equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster!

Again, yes, that's how message boards work.  Somebody says something (Housebuye), other people respond (me, Uncle Bernard, etc.)  Other people respond to the response (you, Ionel, etc.)  It wouldn't be pages and pages if you just didn't respond.  And again, there is nobody using it as some excuse or claiming it cost Marinelli a national championship.  The only time anything like that gets mentioned, it's you claiming people are saying it and then "defeating" the argument you have created in your head.

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It wouldn't be pages and pages if you just didn't respond. 

We should rename the msg. board.  Vak's msg. board, where nobody else gets to respond. 

Edited by TBar1977

My pick 'em is already a cluster flock.    PLEASE - I need some opinions.  Who do you believe is the best #8 seed at B10s?

shhh, mphillips.  ;)

Edited by stp

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

You are the one pointing out the length of the thread. I didn't tell you not to respond.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just as you did not overtly complain about Marinelli's Bad Draw. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Just as you did not overtly complain about Marinelli's Bad Draw. 

Every time you're wrong, you try to shift the conversation somewhere else.  I didn't point out Marinelli's draw or complain about it.  I responded, in 6 sentences to a specific point.

Edited by VakAttack

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Every time you're wrong, you try to shift the conversation somewhere else.  I didn't point out Marinelli's draw or complain about it.  I responded, in 6 sentences to a specific point.

You didn't complain about it? I disagree. I mean, you didn't declare your assertion that Marinelli had a bad draw as a formal complaint, but that is what it is anyway. This is especially so when you continue on and on about it, then attack anyone who points out that your constant pursuit of the bad draw narrative is, in fact, a form of complaint. You complain that I try to create narratives, but you do the exact same thing. Pot meet Kettle. 

Edited by TBar1977

44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You didn't complain about it? I disagree. I mean, you didn't declare your assertion that Marinelli had a bad draw as a formal complaint, but that is what it is anyway. This is especially so when you continue on and on about it, then attack anyone who points out that your constant pursuit of the bad draw narrative is, in fact, a form of complaint. You complain that I try to create narratives, but you do the exact same thing. Pot meet Kettle. 

It's not a narrative on my end.  I didn't bring it up and falsely claim that people were disregarding Marinelli's draw, and then argue against it.  Somebody literally brought it up, and I responded.  Again, that's how message boards work.  You are creating this conversation where people are constantly dredging up the Marinelli draw and claiming it somehow obviates Marinelli not having a championship, and then knocking down that argument.  You are creating the argument you are fighting against.  I am not.

12 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

If you get some good looking women, an unexplained disappearance and some teen angst, I’d watch it.