15 minutes ago, Perry said:

What are the odds we see marinelli/Lewis round 1 or 2 this year?

Extremely unlikely.  Could be a quarter, though.  I would bet it's not, I think Lewis is more likely to be 6 or 7. Obviously that depends on Marinelli winning B1Gs.  Presuming Marinelli and Wittlake take care of business at their conferences, I would guess the seeds are:

1.  Marinelli

2.  WIttlake

3.  Valencia/Wentzel

4.  Valencia/Wentzel

5.  Shane Griffith

6.  Hartman/Lewis

7.  Hartman/Lewis

8.  Smith/Braunagel winner

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Extremely unlikely.  Could be a quarter, though.  I would bet it's not, I think Lewis is more likely to be 6 or 7. Obviously that depends on Marinelli winning B1Gs.  Presuming Marinelli and Wittlake take care of business at their conferences, I would guess the seeds are:

1.  Marinelli

2.  WIttlake

3.  Valencia/Wentzel

4.  Valencia/Wentzel

5.  Shane Griffith

6.  Hartman/Lewis

7.  Hartman/Lewis

Using Criteria, if Braunie takes 2nd he will be seeded over Lewis wouldn't he?

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

1.  Marinelli

2.  WIttlake

3.  Valencia/Wentzel

4.  Valencia/Wentzel

5.  Shane Griffith

6.  Hartman/Lewis

7.  Hartman/Lewis

I think this is correct. 

Who do you think is an easier matchup for Marinelli? Valencia or Wentzel? I know Valencia has a win over him (longggg time ago) and Wentzel could cause a stylistic issue. Marinelli is a favorite vs both, but those are maybe the most likely guys to give him a loss

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Using Criteria, if Braunie takes 2nd he will be seeded over Lewis wouldn't he?

Possibly.  It will depend on the matrix and what they do with it this year.  I don't believe RPI will be part of it, but Coaches Rankings will, and I think it will be weighed more heavily given the circumstances.  I had forgotten, though, that Braunagel has the quality win over Ethan Smith.  Common opponents will be out due to the B1G competition rules.  In summary, you may be right.  I think Ethan Smith beats Braunagel this time though, rendering it moot.  But, what do I know?

I'm just a simple unfrozen caveman lawyer... - Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer Jury  | Meme Generator

Just now, Housebuye said:

I think this is correct. 

Who do you think is an easier matchup for Marinelli? Valencia or Wentzel? I know Valencia has a win over him (longggg time ago) and Wentzel could cause a stylistic issue. Marinelli is a favorite vs both, but those are maybe the most likely guys to give him a loss

That's a tough one.  Wentzel presents problems from top, but Marinelli seems to have figured out better top wrestlers like Wick (in terms of winning the match, not in terms of escaping necessarily).  It could go like that.  Marinelli gets takedowns on everybody.  I think Marinelli beats both.  If forced to pick one, I'd rather see Valencia, I guess, because he has a history of wilting under physical pressure.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

That's a tough one.  Wentzel presents problems from top, but Marinelli seems to have figured out better top wrestlers like Wick (in terms of winning the match, not in terms of escaping necessarily).  It could go like that.  Marinelli gets takedowns on everybody.  I think Marinelli beats both.  If forced to pick one, I'd rather see Valencia, I guess, because he has a history of wilting under physical pressure.

makes sense. I am just not sure if Wentzel can get anything going. Marinelli might completely smash him if Marinelli can get away from bottom, which is fairly likely. 

Anthony though is going to fall apart. He needs to be up 4+ points before the 3rd or he will lose

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

makes sense. I am just not sure if Wentzel can get anything going. Marinelli might completely smash him if Marinelli can get away from bottom, which is fairly likely. 

Anthony though is going to fall apart. He needs to be up 4+ points before the 3rd or he will lose

That's the thing.  Wentzel could end up being a fistfight.  That tends to favor Marinelli, but if Wentzel can keep it close and try to steal it late...

Honestly, that's what happened against Mekhi, too.  Marinelli was winning the handfighting and in deep multiple times, but obviously that's only half the battle with a healthy Mekhi.  It was 1-1 with 30 seconds late, and Mekhi hit a reshot.  Just watched it back, and Marinelli should have just gone out of bounds, instead he tried to fight back in and ended up in a scramble, where he is definitely not strong.

Edited by VakAttack

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

1.  Marinelli

2.  WIttlake

3.  Valencia/Wentzel

4.  Valencia/Wentzel

5.  Shane Griffith

6.  Hartman/Lewis

7.  Hartman/Lewis

I don't see any world where Marinelli doesn't win big 10s, I just don't think there is anyone in conference who can beat him at present.

9 minutes ago, Perry said:

I don't see any world where Marinelli doesn't win big 10s, I just don't think there is anyone in conference who can beat him at present.

I would agree, but he did have the positive COVID test, and we've seen athletes come back at less than 100%.

44 minutes ago, Perry said:

He has a 2-0 record and hasn't wrestled a match in over a month. How can we tell anything from 2-0 and how did Woods do 0-0 and after he was 2-0?

Also look at how #2 18-0 Baylor looked on their home court against a 2-16 team after their Covid pause.  If there's one thing we can predict this year its that we can't predict how individuals are going to preform in this strange Covid season. 

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I think this is correct. 

Wentzel. By far.

definitely Wentzel. If he gets an early TD and get legs in he could accumulate ride time in a hurry and shorten the match causing major problems for Marinelli. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, VakAttack said:

That's the thing.  Wentzel could end up being a fistfight.  That tends to favor Marinelli, but if Wentzel can keep it close and try to steal it late...

Honestly, that's what happened against Mekhi, too.  Marinelli was winning the handfighting and in deep multiple times, but obviously that's only half the battle with a healthy Mekhi.  It was 1-1 with 30 seconds late, and Mekhi hit a reshot.  Just watched it back, and Marinelli should have just gone out of bounds, instead he tried to fight back in and ended up in a scramble, where he is definitely not strong.

He's got lunchbox for mits, man.  Of course it favors him.

21 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

When will Seeds change, if at all ?

Friday night, Saturday morning ?

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

Don't think pre-seeds will change, why would they?

6 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

You know what I meant.

When will Seeds change if at all.

Actual brackets will be out about an hour after the coaches meeting at 11:15 AM (US-Eastern) tomorrow.

Preseeds may change.  They have before and with the kind of year this is/was I absolutely expect quite a few of them, not including the unexpected late drop due to covid possibilities.  They also have until the coaches meeting to substitute wrestlers too.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:08 AM, VakAttack said:

1.  Marinelli

2.  WIttlake

3.  Valencia/Wentzel

4.  Valencia/Wentzel

5.  Shane Griffith

6.  Hartman/Lewis

7.  Hartman/Lewis

I agree with your projection.  #8 will depend on who takes 2nd to Alex in Big 10's.  Do you think there;s any chance they put Lewis #2 or 3?

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

I agree with your projection.  #8 will depend on who takes 2nd to Alex in Big 10's.  Do you think there;s any chance they put Lewis #2 or 3?

No chance, IMO, no matter what happens this weekend.

1.  Marinelli
2.  WIttlake
3.  Valencia/Wentzel
4.  Valencia/Wentzel
5.  Shane Griffith
6.  Hartman/Lewis
7.  Hartman/Lewis
Where is O'Toole going to slide in? Undefeated but no great wins. If Lewis doesn't win his conference, O'Toole may jump him. But if Mekhi doesn't win his conference, he is likely not the bad matchup he was in 2019.

2 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
On 3/3/2021 at 7:08 AM, VakAttack said:
1.  Marinelli
2.  WIttlake
3.  Valencia/Wentzel
4.  Valencia/Wentzel
5.  Shane Griffith
6.  Hartman/Lewis
7.  Hartman/Lewis

Where is O'Toole going to slide in? Undefeated but no great wins. If Lewis doesn't win his conference, O'Toole may jump him. But if Mekhi doesn't win his conference, he is likely not the bad matchup he was in 2019.

Wentzel already won the conference tournament at Mekhi's weight

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:
On 3/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, VakAttack said:
1.  Marinelli
2.  WIttlake
3.  Valencia/Wentzel
4.  Valencia/Wentzel
5.  Shane Griffith
6.  Hartman/Lewis
7.  Hartman/Lewis

It's a good question, I have no idea.  Far away from Marinelli, hopefully for me. :)  Hopefully the 10  or the 13 seed.  Truthfully, though, he might go into 9, setting Marinelli up with another tough quarter as the 1 seed against a red-hot, highly skilled freshman.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's a good question, I have no idea.  Far away from Marinelli, hopefully for me. :)  Hopefully the 10  or the 13 seed.  Truthfully, though, he might go into 9, setting Marinelli up with another tough quarter as the 1 seed against a red-hot, highly skilled freshman.

Yeah, I'd pick O'Toole over the rest of the top 8 except for Marinelli, Griffith, and a healthy Mekhi.