Jimmy Cinnabon

B10 - Heavyweight. Who is the favorite?

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I can eliminate one of them, and his name is Gregory, Gable or Mason. We need to move the other guy to the "All Inclusive Bad Draw" thread right now. 

Explain Gable's bad draw please.

Explain Gable's bad draw please.

Paris has the worst draw imaginable. He would have to go thru, Kerk, Cass and Gable to win

Guarantee Bormet fights like crazy at final seed meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Paris has the worst draw imaginable. He would have to go thru, Kerk, Cass and Gable to win

That’s one way to look it...looks to me like a great opportunity for him to grab Outstanding wrestler this weekend 

In most previous years at Heavy, someone like Cass could or would be considered a favorite.  What we're seeing though with these 3 guys in Gable, Parris and Kerk is something very unique and special.  

I think the favorite, on paper, is Gable.  He's demonstrated the separation, at least in Freestyle, for a moment, by beating Gwiz. 

An hour later, Parris did the same thing, proving that he's on/near Gable's level.

Kerk doesn't have recent results to suggest that he's at that level, but based on like opponents, the eyeball test, etc., I highly doubt anyone is willing say that he's NOT at this tier.  He's absolutely destroyed those handful of Tier 2 heavies that he's matched up with on those FS / Rokfin events.  

Who I "think" will win... Gable

Who I "want" to win... Parris

3 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

If they move Kerk into the quadrant of the bracket with Luffman and Lance, it would solve the problem

Yeah. 

I find it kind of funny that Kerkvliet, if the pre-seeds stand, will likely be seeded higher at the NCAA tournament than he is at B1Gs.

Edited by Le duke

Cass is not really a problem for him and if it were seeded based on message board predictions, he would be 2 and Kerk would be 3, so he'd have to go through him anyways. Kerk is definitely the wild card though and makes his side of the bracket the harder draw.

2 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
8 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Cass is not really a problem for him and if it were seeded based on message board predictions, he would be 2 and Kerk would be 3, so he'd have to go through him anyways. Kerk is definitely the wild card though and makes his side of the bracket the harder draw.

If Kerk were the 3 then Cass would be on the opposite side, so placing Kerk where he is makes that side even harder still because all 3 of them are on the same side. Gable is sittin out on the other side and he should breeze into the final. 

If Kerk were the 3 then Cass would be on the opposite side, so placing Kerk where he is makes that side even harder still because all 3 of them are on the same side. Gable is sittin out on the other side and he should breeze into the final. 
I agree, it definitely increases the difficulty of that side of the bracket, but I'd be shocked if either Gable or Parris had much trouble with him. Still tougher than the cupcake he'd get if the bracket where balanced, though.

Gable Steveson is the clear favorite I'd think. 

I think it's ridiculously premature to consider Kerkvliet to be the favorite at HWT. The highest ranked guy Kerk has beaten was #93 Vincenzo Palusi (last year). The highest ranked guy he's beaten this year? #234 Garrett Kappes. His other big win this year came over #260 Connor Bowes (also from Maryland) whom he pinned in 1:18. Steveson pinned Bowes in 13 seconds. 

I think it's obvious that Kerkvliet is going to be an excellent wrestler, but can't people at least let him beat somebody worth a damn before proclaiming him the HWT division Messiah? 

Edited by TobusRex