Jump to content

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I think Labriola is a much tougher match up, stylistically, than Massa.

I see what you are saying, but Massa at his best can beat Kemerer imo. Kemerer would need to be 75% or less for Labriola to win. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

nice setup for Heinselman. Tough draw for Ragusin (unless he pulls off an earthquake size upset, then tough draw for Lee).

Yup.  I’m ok with it. Malik has wrestled quite a bit this year (he did duck Spencer) and Ragusin didn’t/wrestled up. 
  
It’s not his fault, but I’m ok with Ragusin having a bad draw. He is so good, that I think he will still get some Ws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

I see what you are saying, but Massa at his best can beat Kemerer imo. Kemerer would need to be 75% or less for Labriola to win. 
 

I disagree. Labriola wrestled Kemerer better than anybody not named Mark Hall last year. That was tied with :20 to go. Labriola got in deep and Kemerer rolled him through for his own takedown. In Carver too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

I disagree. Labriola wrestled Kemerer better than anybody not named Mark Hall last year. That was tied with :20 to go. Labriola got in deep and Kemerer rolled him through for his own takedown. In Carver too.

Yeah I was shocked. 
  
my opinion is based more on how good I think Massa can be. If all 3 are at 100%, Labriola gets smashed by both in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Care to elaborate on this?  

I think the best version of Kemerer and the best version of Massa are elite talents that could challenge every 174 champ from the last decade. 
  
I don’t think that’s the case for Labriola. I think he is a solid mid tier AA, who may even win a title in a weak year, but would go 0-9 against the champs from the last 10 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yeah I was shocked. 
  
my opinion is based more on how good I think Massa can be. If all 3 are at 100%, Labriola gets smashed by both in my opinion. 

So if Labriola doesn't get smashed by one of these guys then that automatically means they are less than 100 percent? Am I reading your post right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Yup.  I’m ok with it. Malik has wrestled quite a bit this year (he did duck Spencer) and Ragusin didn’t/wrestled up. 
  

He didn't duck Lee.

Heinselman was in his singlet ready to go and Tan Tom sent out the sacrificial twins to get dogged by Spencer Lee and ADS. It looked like Heinselman was a bit embarrassed and pissed that he didn't get to wrestle Lee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

He didn't duck Lee.

Heinselman was in his singlet ready to go and Tan Tom sent out the sacrificial twins to get dogged by Spencer Lee and ADS. It looked like Heinselman was a bit embarrassed and pissed that he didn't get to wrestle Lee.

Semantics. I think in most cases, everybody understands the wrestlers want to wrestle and it's the coaches making those decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I think the best version of Kemerer and the best version of Massa are elite talents that could challenge every 174 champ from the last decade. 
  
I don’t think that’s the case for Labriola. I think he is a solid mid tier AA, who may even win a title in a weak year, but would go 0-9 against the champs from the last 10 years

You don't think Labs would be competitive with Jay Borschel, Jon Reader, Chris Perry, Matt Brown, or freshman Myles Martin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

He didn't duck Lee.

Heinselman was in his singlet ready to go and Tan Tom sent out the sacrificial twins to get dogged by Spencer Lee and ADS. It looked like Heinselman was a bit embarrassed and pissed that he didn't get to wrestle Lee.

This take is savage.  I almost spit out my coffee when reading your reference to the Decaturs as the "sacrificial twins" lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koontz's twins are solid.  One of them had a couple top 20 wins last year at Vegas and both are excellent Greco guys.  I understand that it's a foregone conclusion with Spencer Lee but that could be said about just about any other 125 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...