Perry

Big 10 Semis Thread

Just now, nhs67 said:

It didn't look it real time.  I concede now that it does

Yeah I guess Lee didn’t like Gilman saying he was boring and even gave a decent interview answer - “he basically pinned himself”

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah I guess Lee didn’t like Gilman saying he was boring and even gave a decent interview answer - “he basically pinned himself”

Lee is always super respectful.  With how Desanto handled the Byrd match I may dare to say he is rubbing off on Desanto.

I'll wait until after the finals, though.  He earned a lot of respect from me with how he handled Byrd's deliberate attempts to get him to bite.

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Lee is always super respectful.  With how Desanto handled the Byrd match I may dare to say he is rubbing off on Desanto.

I'll wait until after the finals, though.  He earned a lot of respect from me with how he handled Byrd's deliberate attempts to get him to bite.

I'd prefer to at least see him show his teeth a bit. 

52 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Semantics maybe, but it wasn’t actually 23 seconds of RT though.   Should have been about 17 or 18, they gave Young 5 seconds more than they should have.  

No they didn't.  The official 5 swiped it, then let action continue because he thought Young could score from the bottom.  You can see on the Video he points to his watch to let the timer know to cut the RT.  Doesn't happen that often but in that case they called it right, if anything the RT for Young could've been more.  IF the official allows action to continue after the swipes for the top man coming off the hip then they cut RT same as they would if the top man bodylocks. 

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

I'd prefer to at least see him show his teeth a bit. 

After the Brands-Brooks match it would appear that they're practicing the bite and claw.  Surprised more aren't utilizing this effective move sequence.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

After the Brands-Brooks match it would appear that they're practicing the bite and claw.  Surprised more aren't utilizing this effective move sequence.

Well, we have the claw tilt, how about the bite ride?

Bite & Ride - Take a break

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Well, we have the claw tilt, how about the bite ride?

Bite & Ride - Take a break

"Brands is now trying to implement the shark mating dance.  Let's see how Brooks handles the bite and ride, folks.  He's done well in this position before."

24 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

No they didn't.  The official 5 swiped it, then let action continue because he thought Young could score from the bottom.  You can see on the Video he points to his watch to let the timer know to cut the RT.  Doesn't happen that often but in that case they called it right, if anything the RT for Young could've been more.  IF the official allows action to continue after the swipes for the top man coming off the hip then they cut RT same as they would if the top man bodylocks. 

Ah you’re right, thanks.  So that’s referring to the very first TB with Young down, which starts around 56:30.   

Also, who is Brands yelling at to “get your referees in shape!!”  I guess they weren’t as confident in Young getting out of that situation and wanted them to stop it sooner.

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Why do 125-184 have 9th place brackets but 197/285 do not?

I think it’s only weights that have at least 8 AQ spots.   149 doesn’t have one either 

Edited by 1032004

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Why do 125-184 have 9th place brackets but 197/285 do not?

For any weights that have 8 AQ's there is a 9th place bracket since part of the At-Large criteria is placing 1 spot out of AQ position.  The Big 10 has been doing this for some years now.

149 (7), 197 (6), & 285 (7) do not have 8 AQ's hence no 9th place bracket.

Edited by Show_Me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Desanto hasn't been the guy you've been describing for 2 years. He had no issues last year. RBY literally ran him off the mat and body slammed him as time expired at big tens and he didn't react. Guys have tried to bait him all year and he's been completely unfazed.