Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

If Kerk doesn't go for the gator roll vs Parris

That was a really boneheaded move as a 230 pound heavyweight to try to gator roll against a behemoth like Parris.  If he had wrestled smart and tried to play the takeout game instead of being ridden for 5 minutes does that change the outcome of the match?

Perhaps Parris still wins but 3-2 instead of a major?

I just watched it on youtube. The gator roll (it was actually more of an elevator attempt) was desperation as he was already heading to his back and was going to get stuck one way or the other. Parris pins a lot of fatties with that dump of his.

Edited by Crotalus

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

That was a really boneheaded move as a 230 pound heavyweight to try to gator roll against a behemoth like Parris.  If he had wrestled smart and tried to play the takeout game instead of being ridden for 5 minutes does that change the outcome of the match?

Perhaps Parris still wins but 3-2 instead of a major?

Did you watch the match? He still loses that match even w/o the gator roll. He's not 100 percent and if they wrestled a bunch of times over the next few weeks I don't see how he could win. He just does not look like the guy we saw in the Rokfin matches. Does not move in the exact same fluid way. 

After a full recovery? Sure, maybe things can change then. 

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I just watched it on youtube. The gator roll (it was actually more of an elevator attempt) was desperation as he was already heading to his back and was going to get stuck one way or the other. Parris pins a lot of fatties with that dump of his.

Ignore me, I was think of the Cass match.

18 minutes ago, The Take Out said:

He tried a cement mixer, not a gator roll

thanks for saying it. It's a mixer. Lehigh valley special. 

@TBar1977 Kerk is great and will improve but let's not be so quick to always make excuses for a loss. We tend to do it moreso than the athletes themselves. You step on the mat, then the outcome is what it is. Completely in your hands. If someone is that hurt, they shouldn't compete. Especially if you're a world class athlete. Why risk further injury on a "free year"?

You can't knock Spencer for demolishing people in what you call a "weak weight class", when all he does is wrestle who's in front of him, then make excuses when Kerk loses. 

These guys are competitors who probably make zero excuses. The goal is an Olympic championship. Mason was just better yesterday. I fully believe he has shown more improvement than any wreslter at any weight.

So, maybe instead of making excuses for other men when they experience a loss or set back, let's congratulate the victor who's also experienced loss, injury and set backs, for being the better man that day.

This is in reference to the "not 100%" comment.

This is D1 wrestling. The vast majority of us wouldn't make it through a practice let alone a season. Most wrestlers are dealing with fatigue, injury, etc. If anything, this year may have helped with that recovery. 

Edited by Cementmixer103

2 minutes ago, Cementmixer103 said:

You can't knock Spencer for demolishing people in what you call a "weak weight class", when all he does is wrestle who's in front of him, then make excuses when Kerk loses.

Yes he can.  He's a Penn State fanboy.

Much like Iowa Fanboys will let double standards exist for Iowa wrestlers as well as other fanbases for their schools.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Yes he can.  He's a Penn State fanboy.

Much like Iowa Fanboys will let double standards exist for Iowa wrestlers as well as other fanbases for their schools.

Speaking of Iowa, I'm surprised about Murin. He has the tools but the mental hump will hold him back. Just my opinion. Warner, as well. 

Granted, I think Warner wrestled pretty well yesterday. That mental aspect is a different thing though.

1 minute ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Speaking of Iowa, I'm surprised about Murin. He has the tools but the mental hump will hold him back. Just my opinion. Warner, as well. 

Granted, I think Warner wrestled pretty well yesterday. That mental aspect is a different thing though.

Murin will be fine.  It was bound to happen.  He hasn't historically lost matches he was supposed to win.  He'll win a few matches he 'should not' win at NCAAs now that he'll be underseeded.