Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

NAIA Champs - Life University

Awesome to see. Honestly a couple years ago at the NAIA tourney, in Topeka I belive, I remember thinking Grand View would never lose. Who would of thought Life a new program at the time would be the team to bring them down. I probably had a similar thought when I watched them in Oklahoma City several years earlier, but instead of Grand View it was Lindenwood(who left Naia) and Grand View was a brand new program. There has been an interesting evolution in NAIA for sure.

3 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Awesome to see. Honestly a couple years ago at the NAIA tourney, in Topeka I belive, I remember thinking Grand View would never lose. Who would of thought Life a new program at the time would be the team to bring them down. I probably had a similar thought when I watched them in Oklahoma City several years earlier, but instead of Grand View it was Lindenwood(who left Naia) and Grand View was a brand new program. There has been an interesting evolution in NAIA for sure.

serious question - do you know if that's beggs? i know he walked on and was listed on the roster but i don't think he's wrestled at all.

16 hours ago, ugarte said:

serious question - do you know if that's beggs? i know he walked on and was listed on the roster but i don't think he's wrestled at all.

I believe he left the program after 1st semester there.  Not sure if he is back.  I believe part of the problem was gender reassignment surgery and trying to heal from that still when he went to college initially. 

On 3/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, Swayz said:

I believe he left the program after 1st semester there.  Not sure if he is back.  I believe part of the problem was gender reassignment surgery and trying to heal from that still when he went to college initially. 

It does appear he is back on the roster.   BTW,   look how many freaking guys they have on their roster...no reason schools should have under 15 on theirs.   If someone wants to complain though and say they have tons of coaches,  it is the same model as Grand View.   X amount of bodies equals x amount of coaches.  Work hard to recruit and get some guys to go for next to nothing and pay for studs to average out.    

Edited by Swayz

3 minutes ago, Swayz said:

It does appear he is back on the roster.   BTW,   look how many freaking guys they have on their roster...no reason schools should have under 15 on theirs.   If someone wants to complain though and say they have tons of coaches,  it is the same model as Grandview.   X amount of bodies equals x amount of coaches.  Work hard to recruit and get some guys to go for next to nothing and pay for studs to average out.    

yeah i saw that he was on the roster, read that he had taken off a year for surgery, but also had no stats so was unsure if he was in the team pic (still unsure! can't tell with the mask and so-so image resolution). would be very cool if he was able to travel with the team for NAIAs and even cooler to get some time on the mat next year. thanks.

Yeah not sure either.  I think with the limitations of travel, opens and other things,  Mack and many other wrestlers probably did not get a chance to  have opportunities this year to get valuable mat time.   I know they had a lot of extra matches in duals, but I would think he had medical rs last year,  this year (free year) to heal and get stronger,  and then even possibly go a 3rd year with a regular redshirt.   Then he could go 4 years and finish out in 2026! 

9 minutes ago, Swayz said:

Yeah not sure either.  I think with the limitations of travel, opens and other things,  Mack and many other wrestlers probably did not get a chance to  have opportunities this year to get valuable mat time.   I know they had a lot of extra matches in duals, but I would think he had medical rs last year,  this year (free year) to heal and get stronger,  and then even possibly go a 3rd year with a regular redshirt.   Then he could go 4 years and finish out in 2026! 

So in NAIA you can medical redshirt before you use a regular redshirt?