VakAttack

B1G Session 3 discussion

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Good to see McKee sprawling in the 1st period so he can be right in it until the end instead of down by a dozen points in desperation mode (although he's made that work.)

He’s the quintessential example of the wild one you need to tame that you’d rather have vs the timid one you need.to get to take chances

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

How did Lee get to 6? I looked up and saw him getting put to his back and the score was 5-2 and somehow ended up 9-6. What did I miss?

He took the 12 seed down and to his back for his own four count. Literally one second later he was headed to his own back. Frustrating. 

Just now, uncle bernard said:

How did Lee get to 6? I looked up and saw him getting put to his back and the score was 5-2 and somehow ended up 9-6. What did I miss?

Now that you mention it, the score didn't look right to me either.  Must've been an error at the scorer's table.  That would also explain Lee's lack of urgency in the 3rd, he knew he was down way more than 3 points (still should've wrestled harder though).

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

He took the 12 seed down and to his back for his own four count. Literally one second later he was headed to his own back. Frustrating. 

Ah I see, I caught the roll through, not the initial throw. Have to say, you've got to admire his loyalty to his own brand. That is the most quintessential Joe Lee thing ever. Half the time he's the one coming out on top though.

5 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Blockhus and Brayton both looked good this morning.

I only saw end of consi-semis. I was mainly referring to 7th place matches. 

Little McKee is becoming my favorite wrestler to watch

Saldate is going to be good.

Cannon from NU was a surprise to me.

4 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Michigan State in 5th place with no finalists.. I’ve been the first to give them crap but credit must be given where credit is due. Hell of a tournament. 

Relative to where they were it’s miraculous 

I'm happy to see them and Purdue fighting.

What the heck is going on with tOSU and Wisconsin? 

Edited by Cementmixer103

Ah I see, I caught the roll through, not the initial throw. Have to say, you've got to admire his loyalty to his own brand. That is the most quintessential Joe Lee thing ever. Half the time he's the one coming out on top though.

He’s going to be the guy taking out top 5 guys and losing to dudes ranked 22nd, 25th and 31st on WR for the next four years.

Always entertaining, I suppose. Never know when he’s going to go feet to back and then rolled through to get pinned himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Cementmixer103 said:

Saldate is going to be good.

Nice to see Purdue wrestling tough.

I'm happy to see them and Purdue fighting.

What the heck is going on with tOSU and Wisconsin? 

Well.. people gave me crap for offering my opinion of tOSU lol. 

Wisconsin.. How someone views Bono will heavily affect how one views that situation. I’ll leave it at that

5 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Well.. people gave me crap for offering my opinion of tOSU lol. 

Wisconsin.. How someone views Bono will heavily affect how one views that situation. I’ll leave it at that

Wisconsin is a little misleading because they left 2 potential big scorers at home this year.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Wisconsin is a little misleading because they left 2 potential big scorers at home this year.

Not just big scorers for B1Gs but NCAAs too.  Both would have been contenders at 165 and 197, respectively.

And what about Illinois?   They should be better.   If Illinois could recruit better in state...Illinois has good results at Fargo etc...and the state is a huge population center.