Sign in to follow this  
BTC

Gable is the best wrestler in college and it's not close

Title says it all. People will say lee but if you put these guys against world competition steveson imo will be far more competitive. Lee has a questionable gas tank and will get exposed on the world stage. Lee is a beast but his tank imo is a problem.

Edited by BTC

6 minutes ago, Force118 said:

Lee is the best college wrestler. Gable is the best wrestler. 

Gable just majored a Junior world champ.

I'm not going to compare Gable and Spencer in any comprehensive manner, but I think Gable deserves Hodge consideration.

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

Gable just majored a Junior world champ.

I'm not going to compare Gable and Spencer in any comprehensive manner, but I think Gable deserves Hodge consideration.

Gable absolutely deserves the Hodge. I was speaking generally.

Edited by Force118

18 minutes ago, simple said:

Hope this was a wake up call for those that thought Mason & Kerk(lmao) were in the same tier as Gable

The verdict is still out on kerk as he started out the season hurt and most likely not in the best shape. 

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

The verdict is still out on kerk as he started out the season hurt and most likely not in the best shape. 

Lmao. He’s healthy enough to get the spot in a free year over another AA candidate not too far before the Olympic Trials, in which people claim he has a chance at. He just got majored twice. Both of those wrestlers were majored by Gable this year. Verdict’s in. Your head is just buried in the sand.

Edited by simple

2 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Spencer has been more dominant than Gable.  It's a close race but Lee will win it and is deserving.  

It will come down to 100% bonus rate, then pins, I hope. 

100% bonus would be sweet and it seems likely two guys will do it...but there’s still a lot of wrestling ahead. 

8 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Spencer has been more dominant than Gable.  It's a close race but Lee will win it and is deserving.  

Fix and Gable are now both out if Spencer simply wins out.  Fix went down on criteria 3 and Gable criteria 6 today.  

Edited by ionel

8 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Except Lee was taken down this season and Gable hasn’t. 

Maybe they should wrestle off for it?  These little girl weight classes are for high school! 

18 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Does quality of competition not mean anything? Who was Spencer's toughest comp this year? Ragusin was a cadet world champ but thats about it as far as noteworthy results of opponents.

59 minutes ago, simple said:

Lmao. He’s healthy enough to get the spot in a free year over another AA candidate not too far before the Olympic Trials, in which people claim he has a chance at. He just got majored twice. Both of those wrestlers were majored by Gable this year. Verdict’s in. Your head is just buried in the sand.

Haha ok calm down there sparky I'm just saying I would like to see more than a handful of matches from kerk. He has like ten collegiate matches under his belt. 

5 minutes ago, BTC said:

Does quality of competition not mean anything? Who was Spencer's toughest comp this year? Ragusin was a cadet world champ but thats about it as far as noteworthy results of opponents.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but if you want to talk about quality of competition, then I don't think you can say Gable is better because he would do better against 125kg than Lee would do against 57kgs.  The top twenty guys at 57kg are probably better than anyone besides Akgul and Geno.

50 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nah, it's close.

LMAO at the immediate self-own, then just brushing on past it.

If you are not careful you will let this year's NCAAs get by without actually, you know, enjoying it. You know what I am saying?