Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Age/Experience matters

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

A 28 year old 7th year senior definitely has the experience/strength edge over a 19 year old redshirt freshman. 

Man vs boy.

 

It's gonna be a fun NCAAs in a few weeks.

How is Kemerrer a 7th year senior-- or is that a joke? Even if he is, would that make him 25, not 27?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJDan said:

How is Kemerrer a 7th year senior-- or is that a joke? Even if he is, would that make him 25, not 27?

Its a strawman PSU fans are running with to make themselves feel better. Its the same as bragging about how all the Iowa guys are from PA.... it comes from a place of insecurity and jealousy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

How is Kemerrer a 7th year senior-- or is that a joke? Even if he is, would that make him 25, not 27?

No he’s a 6th year turned 24 in December ..tanner hall was 27 ish and dropped a 3-1 ot match to gable when he was an 18 yr old freshman 

to be fair if Kememer comes back next year which he is eligible to do he will be a 25 yr old 7th yr senior wrestling some 18-19 yr olds 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Wasn’t Matt Brown 35 when he wrestled at PSU?

He was 25 when he won...but he didn’t spend 7 years in college, he was in Africa on a church mission for 2 years after redshirting his first year 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was 25 when he won...but he didn’t spend 7 years in college, he was in Africa on a church mission for 2 years after redshirting his first year 

How does that make it different. He was in college... "refusing to grow up"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was 25 when he won...but he didn’t spend 7 years in college, he was in Africa on a church mission for 2 years after redshirting his first year 

Did he accomplish the mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

How does that make it different. He was in college... "refusing to grow up"

Yeah those two years in Africa were exactly like being in college and training with the team.

Incidentally, I'd argue that spending two years in Africa doing mission work is growing up a whole lot more than anyone in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tnc31 said:

Yeah those two years in Africa were exactly like being in college and training with the team.

Incidentally, I'd argue that spending two years in Africa doing mission work is growing up a whole lot more than anyone in college.

Because you are learning critical thinking skills and gaining independence on a religious mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tnc31 said:

Incidentally, I'd argue that spending two years in Africa doing mission work is growing up a whole lot more than anyone in college.

Ok. Argue that. I disagree and dont know why the PSU guys criticize Kemmerer who had an injury and a season ended by a global pandemic, but think its totally fine that Matt Brown was in school at an older age when that was the plan the entire time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Ok. Argue that. I disagree and dont know why the PSU guys criticize Kemmerer who had an injury and a season ended by a global pandemic, but think its totally fine that Matt Brown was in school at an older age when that was the plan the entire time. 

Well for one, he isn't doing any training in Africa. Outside of rudimentary staying in shape. And for growing up... I guess if living in a third world country does for maturation, then I guess there's no discussion to be had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tnc31 said:

Well for one, he isn't doing any training in Africa. Outside of rudimentary staying in shape. And for growing up... I guess if living in a third world country does for maturation, then I guess there's no discussion to be had.

Ok, but he is old. Thats the point. He is older than the 18 year olds. Maturation is what they are arguing is the problem. You are taking my side on this without even realizing it.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing watching people talk about this topic. Especially because..

1. This is what the current environment and culture of youth wrestling encourages and people are deliberately obtuse to how this is.

2. A lot of the comments have the same time as the bitter hs football player “like I totally coulda.. if I had that” OR. “Haha I can’t wait for the real world to get you because that lets me feel superior”

3. Other comments that are Penn State fans hypocritically hyping up the age thing and acting like athletes taking full advantage of their limited window to achieve athletically is bad.

but are perfectly okay with the fact that many of their best athletes were held back in high school.. literally moved all over the country just to join wrestling teams and calculated their ages to be the max age they could be to graduate.. 
 

The most hilarious part.. most of these athletes will be fine. They get coaching jobs or jobs with their degree.. and y’all will still overpay for their clinics and instructionals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tnc31 said:

Well for one, he isn't doing any training in Africa. Outside of rudimentary staying in shape. And for growing up... I guess if living in a third world country does for maturation, then I guess there's no discussion to be had.

So Africans are the most mature people on Earth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I thought this 18yr old thing went away when you got to college? Are we just rolling over the 18 vs 14 age thing from HS?

Or better yet. A kid doing the “Brandon” The held back in ms senior.. who’s 19.5 or however old the state allows wrestling hs vs freshman lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...